IGNORED

Newcastle and Villa Tickets (Merged)

Redcliffe1990

Right let's face it we won't shift 5000 more tickets in five days if they do now open the top stand. But if they do, keep it simple and don't bother trying to resell transfers...

Option 1 - buy a seat at the going rate (£38??)

Option 2 - buy a seat if you already have a ticket elsewhere (say £10?)

Choice for all, load more income for the club....

I know we live in a 24/7 world, but not everyone works 24/7.  The club will be well aware that the agreed number of sales have reached the 'sold out' criteria online.  In most cases this would be it.  But we are in a situation where we have a upper tier that can still be sold.  A 'sold out' online seems to suggest that the demand criteria has been met, but does the club have sufficient time to make whatever arrangements to open up sales in the upper tier?  I'd be amazed if discussions agents happening already.  What the club are letting us down with in a 24/7 world is keeping us up to date at the speed we need.

Out of interest, for the Wigan game, were we also at 'sold out' status online, pending the SAG certificate?  That might give us a precedent.  As they allocated new batches of tickets ' sold out' status would have been removed.  The ticket system worked fine then, no reason to suspect it won't if they do allocate a Lansdown Stand batch.

Personally I'm not fussed, I've got my ST, but I do appreciate others would love to come to this game, I'm just trying to give my perspective on what may happen.

In an ideal world, it might be good if the club communicated that we need to sell X tickets by Y date to open up the top tier.  We would be clear then.

41 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Right let's face it we won't shift 5000 more tickets in five days if they do now open the top stand. But if they do, keep it simple and don't bother trying to resell transfers...

Option 1 - buy a seat at the going rate (£38??)

Option 2 - buy a seat if you already have a ticket elsewhere (say £10?)

Choice for all, load more income for the club....

Re option 2, why not just pay the difference?

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I love the new AG, I love the upgrade and the facilities, and it is far better than many other grounds that have had new stands built. But I cannot for the life of me understand WTF we are doing about not selling tickets in the upper tier of our most extensive facility. We are going to upset everyone that has to but a corner ticket in another stand, and then see the best viewing tickets within the  stadium then be made available. It is bonkers. Build an amazing facility then not let people use it. John L has been posting photos of the amazing view for example, great, but when can we use it... I do hope we get this sorted as we are wasting an opportunity with Villa and Newcastle to entice a few more along on a regular basis. We need the 1000 (ridiculously) left in the Atyeo out of there and placed suitably in the SS, as there is another 1900 (with segregation) we are not selling for these games . Great facility but some disjointed approaches to using it. The SS and Lansdown stand ( when completed) are really going to be exceptional facilities. Let's max them out. 

I think you make a lot of good points but I also think it's only fair to recognise both sides of the argument. Retaining the upper tier for only when needed enables the club to reduce its operating costs and condenses the crowd into the lower bowl, improving the atmosphere. Worth noting that Cardiff do exactly the same.

It is undoubtedly a little unfair on those who have already purchased tickets elsewhere - but the longer term solution to that would be to enable online seat swaps (paying the difference) on occasions when the top tier comes into play.

18 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I love the new AG, I love the upgrade and the facilities, and it is far better than many other grounds that have had new stands built. But I cannot for the life of me understand WTF we are doing about not selling tickets in the upper tier of our most extensive facility. We are going to upset everyone that has to but a corner ticket in another stand, and then see the best viewing tickets within the  stadium then be made available. It is bonkers. Build an amazing facility then not let people use it. John L has been posting photos of the amazing view for example, great, but when can we use it... I do hope we get this sorted as we are wasting an opportunity with Villa and Newcastle to entice a few more along on a regular basis. We need the 1000 (ridiculously) left in the Atyeo out of there and placed suitably in the SS, as there is another 1900 (with segregation) we are not selling for these games . Great facility but some disjointed approaches to using it. The SS and Lansdown stand ( when completed) are really going to be exceptional facilities. Let's max them out. 

Personally, I'd hate to sit in the middle / halfway line position.  Prefer behind the goal towards the corner.  Just me probably!

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Personally, I'd hate to sit in the middle / halfway line position.  Prefer behind the goal towards the corner.  Just me probably!

No, but in a minority - that's why halfway line is the most expensive place. I hate the view from behind the goal and find it weird beyond belief.

Just now, Leveller said:

No, but in a minority - that's why halfway line is the most expensive place. I hate the view from behind the goal and find it weird beyond belief.

I played centre-half (and a bit at Centre-Forward), so just used to viewing a game down the pitch.  Plus I think you see the movement of players better because you're not trying to view the whole pitch.  Agree that I'm in the minority though.

I've been waiting for tickets for the top tier to go On sale! I've been a life long fan but Dont hold a season ticket. I visited 68 league grounds watching City but choose my games due to other commitments. I know that other judge what is a true fan! 

I've seen the club fall to 92nd in the league and still attend games! 

With what should be a full house let's make some noise and make the ground a place other teams fear to play at.

I will be gutted if I don't get a ticket!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Heard 24k is the capacity for this game.  Gonna be a right atmosphere with anything 20k plus.  Even more so if it comes on the back of a decent result on Tuesday 

So around half the upper stand being used presumably with a view to the whole lot v Villa if demand is there.

Don't understand this quote from the article:

It means City are now on course to top the 20,007 that attended the 1996 Bristol derby, which currently stands as the highest football crowd recorded since the Atyeo Stand was built.

What do they mean 'on course'? If all of the lower bowl is sold out then the crowd will already be approx 22,500.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What do they mean 'on course'? If all of the lower bowl is sold out then the crowd will already be approx 22,500.

I think that reference has been there since the tickets first went on sale so I assume it has just been copied across - either because the media team were trying to create the article in a hurry (it is a Sunday after all) or maybe they don't have the latest confirmed figures (again due to it being a weekend). 

Just checked on the figures and the total available lower tier seats for home fans is 19,382 and Newcastle have sold around 2,500 so we currently have a guaranteed 21,882 before any sales in the upper tier.

Still 1,253 lower tier tickets available for Villa, got to be a decent chance of selling those and getting the upper open again

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Technically I suppose they're only "on course" because you haven't beaten the attendance record until the event has actually happened and people have actually attended?

In theory 10,000 people could decide to wash their hair instead.

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Do we reckon the Villa game will get over 20k?  To me personally, Aston Villa doesn't seem that big a match on paper, as they've been crap for a couple of years prior to their relegation.

Definitely not as bigger draw as Newcastle, funny that considering Villa are a much more successful club.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Technically I suppose they're only "on course" because you haven't beaten the attendance record until the event has actually happened and people have actually attended?

In theory 10,000 people could decide to wash their hair instead.

If those people have bought a ticket then it doesn't matter if they don't attend; they still get counted towards the official attendance. Therefore, if the lower bowl is sold out then we should be guaranteed a crowd of over 20k.

Archived