IGNORED

Gustav Engvall - It's Official - Signed

1891 B.C. Sweden

11 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

He's the moderator on our swedish fan site so he hasn't been banned from there yet :). Feel free to wright, no login needed.

http://www.svenskafans.com/england/bristolcity/forum.aspx

Thanks. Is there an English translation button?

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I do get the feeling this has legs. The previous random foreign players linked have been Kodjia (signed), Mousset (outbid, but LJ confirmed the interest from our end) and Magnusson (signed).

Definitely has legs, as you say going the same way as previous unknowns.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

One for the future mate. Swedish league is pretty poor so a big step up to the C'ship. It must be him + a bigger money signing surely.

Hope so, from a PR perspective I think the Kodjia replacement has to be reasonably pricey/high reputation. Impressed with how far the scouting is reaching this summer.

2 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

I just heard from a swedish Gothenburg supporter that its a done deal!

I also met LJ in Cabbot Circus this sunday and he said to me that we are signing a striker from Sweden! 

You sure it wasn't Cotts you met? (It's always Cotts wandering aimlessly around the shops, bumping into Otibers. LJ's too busy for that, surely?)

47 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

One for the future mate. Swedish league is pretty poor so a big step up to the C'ship. It must be him + a bigger money signing surely.

I agree about the bigger money signing but what you say about him and the standard of football is what I said about the French ligue2 and I unfortunately speak from vast experience on that particular league and Kodjia worked out more than OK thank you very much Mr Xia and Aston Vanilla, one thing I would say is for sure is he will have experienced a far more physical game in Sweden than Kodjia would in either of the top 2 leagues in France.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree about the bigger money signing but what you say about him and the standard of football is what I said about the French ligue2 and I unfortunately speak from vast experience on that particular league and Kodjia worked out more than OK thank you very much Mr Xia and Aston Vanilla, one thing I would say is for sure is he will have experienced a far more physical game in Sweden than Kodjia would in either of the top 2 leagues in France.

Oh, I don't doubt it but Allsvenskan (Swedish top league) is also a poor league with a particularly sluggish pace so it will take time for this young lad to adapt to the fast and furious English leagues.

It can be done as Lasse Vibe of Brentford has proven (also coming from IFK Gothenburg) but he, a bit like Kodjia,  was older when he made the move.

17 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Completely and utterly untried...

I'm referring to the name Gustav in the football world.

Its in our family... Maybe he is a distant cousin.

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

But his Dad's been on Facebook slagging off the contract he was offered, so who know's what will happen...

He will go to Bolton then.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

if it helps i'm going to cut my grass.

I already had a hair cut for 45 pesos. But, just for luck, i gave him a 100 and told him to keep the change. What goes around comes around I say.

Looking in Twitter, most IFK fans seem to think they got a good deal for him and don't particularly rate him. Journos seem to be a little more complimentary. Get him announced City, so we can all make bold and unsubstantiated claims about how much better than Kodjia he is

Archived