IGNORED

Gustav Engvall - It's Official - Signed

1891 B.C. Sweden

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

So if we went the next 5 games without conceding a goal....you would still see that as not making an impact?

No, that would be an impact, but a joint one between all the defensive players, and not simply Magnusson alone.

Attacking players, in general, are able to affect/effect (@robin_unreliant delete as appropriate) the game more as an individual.

Can we go back to the topic now, instead of having an argument from a ******* joke?

20 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Affect. Apologies for being a ***** but that particular word triggers my ocd when misused. I know....sorry again.

It is nothing to do with ocd, it is liking to see the English language used properly and respected.  Could of is another one that highly irritates me.

I bet Magnusson knows the difference.

18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No worries. While not perfect I try and make my Grammar OK, but I have always struggled with "affect" and "effect" so tend to just use "effect" for simplicity.

grammar, bud. Small "g" 

50 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

You are going to have to define what you mean by 'impact' for a defender.

He has played in all 5 league games in which we have won 3 and lost 2, only conceding 5 goals in the process

He has scored once, made 17 clearances and has received no yellows or reds

He has looked strong, assured and calm in all games I have seen

Can't see what more he could do to make more of an impact.....especially as he is only 20 

Sorry if mentioned already but he is 23

27 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

It is nothing to do with ocd, it is liking to see the English language used properly and respected.  Could of is another one that highly irritates me.

I bet Magnusson knows the difference.

NEWS: #BristolCity have agreed a club record sale of Jonathan Kodjia to Aston Villa for a fee worth up to £15m.

I suggest you turn your grammatical ire on the club's PR dept.  For the umpteenth time it's "Bristol City has"

2 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Every profile I can find on him says he is 20 (29/04/96) and also he plays for the sweden u21s:ph34r:!

The age discussion has been about Magnusson, since the tangent, and he is 23.

But yes, Engvall is 20 and has played for Sweden u21s, and their main team.

19 minutes ago, Malago said:

NEWS: #BristolCity have agreed a club record sale of Jonathan Kodjia to Aston Villa for a fee worth up to £15m.

I suggest you turn your grammatical ire on the club's PR dept.  For the umpteenth time it's "Bristol City has"

Football is a law unto itself where plural verbs are concerned.

For example, "Chelsea was the better side on the day." Doesn't make a lot of sense, even though it's grammatically correct.

Archived