IGNORED

Gustav Engvall - It's Official - Signed

1891 B.C. Sweden

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Are you short of striking options at International level then? Seems someone must rate him considering the number of caps at all levels so far?

(sorry meant to quote BCFC of Sweden as below)

I´m sad to say that i don´t think he will be a good signing! But i hope i have wrong!

He doesn´t start for Gothenburg and i think he has only scored 8 goals in 2 seasons!

I have checked with some of the Gothenburg supporters i know and they are really happy for the money they got for him!

But as i said before, i really hope i´m wrong!

On the other side it´s nice to have a Swedish player in the team!

Two caps in the winter when no players from other league than the Swedish was allowed to pick players from! But as i said, i would love if he is doing good or even ok!

18 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Kodj hadn't scored many before coming here! No one can defend properly in England!

Well, he scored 15 in 28 league games in the 14/15 in ligue 2 and 19 in 45 games last season for us.  I'm not sure what your point is, but JK was a recognized goalscorer in France, hence our move for him.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

"Ridding" is a bit harsh for really good servants in the three you mentioned.  Not like they were taking a huge wage and taking the pi$$ were they.  They represented a successful period in the club's history, and Ayling and Williams in particular contributed to last season's difficult Champ survival campaign....Agard didn't get much of a chance.

I'm really optimistic for Moore, know bugger all about Engvall, and whilst I totally agree that this recruitment policy is bang-on, let's see how they settle in, and how they cope in the first team before flippantly disregarding the contributions of players who ultimately we've made a bit if money on too, which helps funds the Moore's, Engvall's, O'Dowda's, DeGirolama's etc.  None of the three were holding a gun to the club's head about inflated contracts.

The above isn't particularly aimed at you Joe, more that we "fans" should pay a little more courtesy to players who've done their best for our club.  Ayling, especially was a real favourite with the fans, and made a huge effort with them back.

Fair enough. Wasn't meant as an insult to them. Meant more as we are selling players that have maybe reached their level for players with higher ceilings. Wages probably aren't much different either. Ive got admiration for the 3 for different reasons but they are gone and the club seem better for it. Doesn't make their contributions lesser.

Condensed version.

Tommy's forgiven and the ref has rethought his red card.

Gustav didn't make the Olympics and isn't really a full International by choice but is injured and hasn't really scored very many goals.

The good news being that  although Agard can and does score goals he can't speak Swedish.

Don't think his scoring record is too bad going by wiki..1 in 4 isn't too bad considering he's only 20. Plenty of time for improvement, this is likely to be Agard's replacement anyways. If we get this chap and a more established striker I'll be very happy indeed. 

8 hours ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

I´m sad to say that i don´t think he will be a good signing! But i hope i have wrong!

He doesn´t start for Gothenburg and i think he has only scored 8 goals in 2 seasons!

I have checked with some of the Gothenburg supporters i know and they are really happy for the money they got for him!

But as i said before, i really hope i´m wrong!

On the other side it´s nice to have a Swedish player in the team!

8 hours ago, mozo said:

I'm reserving judgement until we've seen him play. Seems like a gamble, but so did Kodjia!

7 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Well, he scored 15 in 28 league games in the 14/15 in ligue 2 and 19 in 45 games last season for us.  I'm not sure what your point is, but JK was a recognized goalscorer in France, hence our move for him.

Exactly Sleepy.. Kodjia had a good goals to games ratio; this guy does not. In the event City sign him one must assume they feel the squad around him will improve that ratio and the club can make him a better player. The fee is similar to Kodjia but player fees have increased substantially in just 12 months. I trust this is NOT the Kodjia replacement but instead the Agard replacement. In that scenario it is not a bad gamble.

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Exactly Sleepy.. Kodjia had a good goals to games ratio; this guy does not. In the event City sign him one must assume they feel the squad around him will improve that ratio and the club can make him a better player. The fee is similar to Kodjia but player fees have increased substantially in just 12 months. I trust this is NOT the Kodjia replacement but instead the Agard replacement. In that scenario it is not a bad gamble.

We don't know how good his conversion rate is and he is only 20. Kodjia was at his optimum age. This guy fits the club policy of identifying young talent on the cheap that can be improved and be worth more.

According to this link Engvall will not travel to Croatia today for the U21-game. He should have showed up yesterday only travelling to England over the day but was considered "not available" for the Croatia game. He will join the team again for training Friday morning in preparation for the Monday game against Spain (h).

He is probably in Bristol and is likely to be presented today.

http://svenskfotboll.se/arkiv/landslag/2016/08/engvall-inte-med-mot-kroatien/

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Some players can create their own goals, some need the team to do that for them. 

This can sometimes make goal stats misleading for some younger, lower league players. So the scouts have to look at physical  qualities not stats.

Kodjia can get his head down and  use his pace to get goals regardless of his team mates. This guy looks more like he needs some creativity around him. 

Absolutely fits our policy of buying young, potential-rich talent.

I would still think we might be looking for another, possibly more experienced striker too; as good as Tammy is, and as nice as it would be to see this Gustav lad develop, I would be concerned if we were relying on these young 'uns and Wilbraham to lead the line until Christmas.

Whatever happens, today is certainly going to be interesting...

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Kodjia actually had just 1 good season before joining, 1 good season at the age of 25.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

We don't know how good his conversion rate is and he is only 20. Kodjia was at his optimum age. This guy fits the club policy of identifying young talent on the cheap that can be improved and be worth more.

Well we do actually but as Alessandro says below it is far from the be all and end all; that said its a little more important when he is clearly bought to score goals; in 2014/15 he scored 5 in 23 matches. In 2015/16 he has scored 2 in 4.. the lad is improving at least.

18 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Some players can create their own goals, some need the team to do that for them. 

This can sometimes make goal stats misleading for some younger, lower league players. So the scouts have to look at physical  qualities not stats.

Kodjia can get his head down and  use his pace to get goals regardless of his team mates. This guy looks more like he needs some creativity around him. 

Truly so.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Well we do actually but as Alessandro says below it is far from the be all and end all; that said its a little more important when he is clearly bought to score goals; in 2014/15 he scored 5 in 23 matches. In 2015/16 he has scored 2 in 4.. the lad is improving at least.

Truly so.

I meant conversion of chances rather than goals to games.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I meant conversion of chances rather than goals to games.

I see your point.. so the relevance of players around him being of additional importance. That said we hope he also makes his own chances just as much. I am sure he will get better.

Archived