IGNORED

So for all you 'sack the manager short termists'....

spudski

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

Watch the highlights for the winning goal mate...again a cross coming in from the right. Where did it start...Tomlin not tracking his man back. Watch from 1.47...Tomlins man kept going and running... Tomlin gave up and pointed...Bryan was already covering his man. You even notice Tomlin making a look in the direction of his man sprinting for the return pass...he checks himself and just jogs...******* lazy bastard or just not fir enough at this level. Bryan goes sprinting after Tomlins man...and even then Tomlin continues to jog back and not even cover the man Bryan has given him to mark. The ball could easily have been drawn back to that player as well for a clear shot on goal. Tomlin at fault imo...he's a ******* defensive liability. Little for the first was a ******* disgrace.Watch Freeman at 1.10 leave his man as well...schoolboy stuff...a joke.

You are being very harsh Spud

Hes a 'maverick' , he 'has the right to have an attitude'

He's our ' best creative player ' so it's ok

Disgraceful , unfit and lack of commitment 

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

Can't blame him for any part of the goal conceded though mate. Tomlin at complete fault for it all.

But why does our talented coach keep.playing him in that position. Square pegs in round holes. The manager has little defense if playing people out of position at this level.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You are being very harsh Spud

Hes a 'maverick' , he 'has the right to have an attitude'

He's our ' best creative player ' so it's ok

Disgraceful , unfit and lack of commitment 

Indeed mate...absolute disgrace. He's a liability, does more damage than good. What makes it even worse is he's having a go at LJ about how to manage. Needs a long hard look at himself, or he can **** off for all I care...can't stand lack of commitment like that. If it is fitness...then he shouldn't be playing. He's blowing out his arse after any decent run.

19 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

But why does our talented coach keep.playing him in that position. Square pegs in round holes. The manager has little defense if playing people out of position at this level.

Exactly!, why do people not recognize this. If you need a runner it's not Tomlin don't effing play him there. 

My god it's not rocket science and bloody indefensible. If Tomlin is going to play he needs to be in the middle behind or near a forward. If he is not going to play there but you play him wide we are setting ourself as being weak down that side. 

My god did we buy Tomlin to play wide of course not we have effing ODOWDA BRYAN PATTERSON FREEMAN EVEN browning who can do that.  

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Exactly!, why do people not recognize this. If you need a runner it's not Tomlin don't effing play him there. 

My god it's not rocket science and bloody indefensible. If Tomlin is going to play he needs to be in the middle behind or near a forward. If he is not going to play there but you play him wide we are setting ourself as being weak down that side. 

My god did we buy Tomlin to play wide of course not we have effing ODOWDA BRYAN PATTERSON FREEMAN EVEN browning who can do that.  

Perhaps the problem is Tomlin wants to play wide left....

36 minutes ago, spudski said:

Can't blame him for any part of the goal conceded though mate. Tomlin at complete fault for it all.

Sorry but that is just not correct, he is our holding midfielder totally out of position, failing to pick up a midfield runner and getting nowhere near the action at any time, in fact there is absolutely no midfield cover whatsoever during the build up, the lack of BCFC players in the centre of the field between the half way line and our penalty area is a joke downs league style.

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree...I'd drop him tomorrow.

Tomlin has been ineffective for the last couple of games. I also agree with the square pegs round holes description mooted by other on here.

Play players - who play their positions well - personally, O'Donnell for me deserves a second chance, his good communication made us much more assured this time last season, giving those in front of him confidence. Defence of Matthews, Flint, Moore, Golbourne, Midfield of Pack, Brownhill, Freeman, Paterson, O'Dowda, and Tammy up top.

The simple fact is that all the criticisms I have of Johnson, not to mention our form remind me of McInnes - if you look at our 'good start', I'd argue luck was on our side. Last minute wins against Burton, Blackburn, and Wigan. That could of been 6 points dropped. Puts us bang level with Blackburn.

13 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

nSorry but that is just not correct, he is our holding midfielder totally out of position, failing to pick up a midfield runner and getting nowhere near the action at any time, in fact there is absolutely no midfield cover whatsoever during the build up, the lack of BCFC players in the centre of the field between the half way line and our penalty area is a joke downs league style.

Mate...what the hell are you on about? The move starts right next to Tomlin just inside their half on the touch line. Tomlin loses his man and expects Bryan to cover both his man and Tomlins...Tomlin gives up. Our DM is in position, keeping shape and covering his area. Moore has Pitman, and it looks like Brownhill tracking his man back...sprinting with him, as tomlin should have done to stop the build up of play and the cross coming in.

Apart from Tomlin and Bryans men, Piman, and the guy Brownhill is tracking, there is no one else in our last third.

You can't blame our DM for that goal. If he was over where Bryan and Tomlin were, then he'd be completely out of position. Our DM is not meant to be anywhere near the touchline. He plays centrally in front of the box.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Mate...what the hell are you on about? The move starts right next to Tomlin just inside their half on the touch line. Tomlin loses his man and expects Bryan to cover both his man and Tomlins...Tomlin gives up. Our DM is in position, keeping shape and covering his area. Moore has Pitman, and it looks like Brownhill tracking his man back...sprinting with him, as tomlin should have done to stop the build up of play and the cross coming in.

Apart from Tomlin and Bryans men, Piman, and the guy Brownhill is tracking, there is no one else in our last third.

You can't blame our DM for that goal. If he was over where Bryan and Tomlin were, then he'd be completely out of position. Our DM is not meant to be anywhere near the touchline. He plays centrally in front of the box.

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

Down to Tomlin.

Ok so being ahead of Tomlin for a DM when a move breaks down is OK?, or should he have been in a more defensive position to perhaps crowd out the cross?, when the cross comes in our DM is just ambling into the area.

The initial mistake as with the first goal is by Tomlin, I am not defending Tomlin, but the lack of midfield cover during the build up is alarming but par for the course for us.

Yeah it's all Tomlins fault, he's shit, its his fault our manager is out of his depth, drop the bastard and sell him to a league one club as he aint fit or good enough for this level............bunch of absolute belters!!!

Lets chase out the most creative player we have had this century yeah? 

Why not sell him and replace him with Ryan Taylor? He wont do **** all but he will show passion, wont he? Jesus christ, you lot are wierd.

8 minutes ago, cynic said:

Tomlin needs to be dropped - he is the biggest part of the overall problem imo.

I believe LJ will do it, he had enough time and chances and deserves time on the bench.

He's already been dropped, for the home defeat to Brentford a couple of weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Yeah it's all Tomlins fault, he's shit, its his fault our manager is out of his depth, drop the bastard and sell him to a league one club as he aint fit or good enough for this level............bunch of absolute belters!!!

Lets chase out the most creative player we have had this century yeah? 

Why not sell him and replace him with Ryan Taylor? He wont do **** all but he will show passion, wont he? Jesus christ, you lot are wierd.

Yeah it's all Tomlins fault. He has just become the new Lee Johnson. Remember him? :grr:

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Ok so being ahead of Tomlin for a DM when a move breaks down is OK?, or should he have been in a more defensive position to perhaps crowd out the cross?, when the cross comes in our DM is just ambling into the area.

The initial mistake as with the first goal is by Tomlin, I am not defending Tomlin, but the lack of midfield cover during the build up is alarming but par for the course for us.

Mate...with respect...Where is our DM ahead of Tomlin when the move breaks down? He's 3 yards inside our half, whilst tomlin is on the halfway line near the touchline.

Tomlin and Bryan have their players...Brownhill his...and Flint and Moore are covering one man...Pitman in the box.

No way can you blame our DM for that...where else would you expect him to be? He's not meant to be in the box with one man in there...he's covering any midfield runner. Brownhill is covering the only one that made a run.

Sorry mae...but you are completely wrong in your analysis of the winning goal. Complete balls up by Tomlin.

6 hours ago, billywedlock said:

I was meaning the way he turned us around in L1 so fast and then got promotion. Agree in the Champ it got messy, he lost the plot , that then went through to the players. Though I do know from direct info, they loved to hate him, but would run through proverbial walls as a squad together. 

Thing is, today's pampered players don't like a rollocking. Their egos can't cope with it. I'm still shocked that Chelsea fans have forgotten what Hazard et al did at the end of Jose Mourinho's tenure.

6 hours ago, NickJ said:

You don't understand my point, or don't want to.

We ended up where we were this time last year because the club did not buy into SC's philosophy - of acquiring key better players for the now.

It worked in league one. Would have been better if we had stuck with SC's philosophy in the Championship.

LJ is willingly going along with the club's philosophy of buying for the future. A future that in my view will not come.

I think that is a really fair point.

Where we depart though is that, for now, I agree with the club's philosophy.

Unlike you (I guess) I don't see the urgency. I think we are so far away from mounting a serious challenge; and should have considered ourselves so in august against the likes of Newcastle, Reading, Norwich, Brighton, Derby, Sheff Weds, Villa to name just a few that for now I think our best bet is not to try to out do these in the market.  We won't and wouldn't have.

Better to tread water steadily, establish ourselves over 18-24m and then as we are more attractive a proposition we will be better placed to attract players. In the meantime  some of our punts may establish a reputation and fund our assault - like Kodjia's sell - or stick with us. 

In January I hope to have a similar utilisation of the loan market as we did the last, when we brought in experience (LT, AM, PO), and perms much the same as in the summer 2016. Players with good pedigree and scope to improve. If a player like GON comes up go for it but rather a loan of 28yrs+ for me. 

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

Mate...with respect...Where is our DM ahead of Tomlin when the move breaks down? He's 3 yards inside our half, whilst tomlin is on the halfway line near the touchline.

Tomlin and Bryan have their players...Brownhill his...and Flint and Moore are covering one man...Pitman in the box.

No way can you blame our DM for that...where else would you expect him to be? He's not meant to be in the box with one man in there...he's covering any midfield runner. Brownhill is covering the only one that made a run.

Sorry mae...but you are completely wrong in your analysis of the winning goal. Complete balls up by Tomlin.

I accept that Tomlin was initially at fault for the goal, but the total lack of midfield cover cannot be tactically correct, especially given we were almost caught out earlier by one simple pass and a nice flick by Pitman and our midfield was taken completely out of the game, our midfield is plainly not fit for purpose.

A lot of the success that teams have is down to confidence. A case in point for me would be Leicester City, who once they got on the run last season they started to believe they were invincible! That belief carried them to the Premiership title. This season they started on a pretty poor run and confidence within the team/fans/club/city disappeared. They are currently 6th from bottom. Pretty much the same team and the same manager.

50 minutes ago, cynic said:

Tomlin needs to be dropped - he is the biggest part of the overall problem imo.

I believe LJ will do it, he had enough time and chances and deserves time on the bench.

He's been talking up Di Girolamo recently too, saying he'd be playing if it wasn't for Tomlin. Wouldn't surprise me to see him get a go against Fleetwood. 

22 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think that is a really fair point.

Where we depart though is that, for now, I agree with the club's philosophy.

Unlike you (I guess) I don't see the urgency. I think we are so far away from mounting a serious challenge; and should have considered ourselves so in august against the likes of Newcastle, Reading, Norwich, Brighton, Derby, Sheff Weds, Villa to name just a few that for now I think our best bet is not to try to out do these in the market.  We won't and wouldn't have.

Better to tread water steadily, establish ourselves over 18-24m and then as we are more attractive a proposition we will be better placed to attract players. In the meantime  some of our punts may establish a reputation and fund our assault - like Kodjia's sell - or stick with us. 

In January I hope to have a similar utilisation of the loan market as we did the last, when we brought in experience (LT, AM, PO), and perms much the same as in the summer 2016. Players with good pedigree and scope to improve. If a player like GON comes up go for it but rather a loan of 28yrs+ for me. 

Are we really treading water?.

Apart from the odd season or so in the past 10 years we have had to rely on hope and the January window to extricate ourselves from the misery of relegation and as SOD showed it doesn't always work.

it is sad that after the great end to last season a busy summer and a great start to this season, we are now in the hands of hope and the January window once more because of some near sighted decisions.

The ideal scenario for me would be some inspired January signings and inspired finish to the season and an admission to mistakes made by LJ and make sure those mistakes are not replicated for next season and we move on.

We have invested in the future now let's invest in the here and now.

19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Are we really treading water?.

Apart from the odd season or so in the past 10 years we have had to rely on hope and the January window to extricate ourselves from the misery of relegation and as SOD showed it doesn't always work.

it is sad that after the great end to last season a busy summer and a great start to this season, we are now in the hands of hope and the January window once more because of some near sighted decisions.

The ideal scenario for me would be some inspired January signings and inspired finish to the season and an admission to mistakes made by LJ and make sure those mistakes are not replicated for next season and we move on.

We have invested in the future now let's invest in the here and now.

I think we are. Our form isn't but form is temporary -just as our early season over achievements were. Not directed to you but it seems some can take temporarily overachieving but not temporarily underachieving. To take GJ's adage, we've had a (fking) awful block of 10: on to the next. 

What we've done this year is improve our reputation nationally, Chelsea et al are no doubt convinced of our abilities to manage and give platform and game time to their young talent (not blacklisted like some), we have a young squad who are adapting to the league and their surroundings and are only likely to get better and we have scope to improve our squad. 

I like you find living January to January uninspring. There comes a time when we should expect more. I don't think that time has come yet. I think in 12m we might be patching up in January too, albeit in a loftier position and trying to consolidate 7th-10th and prompt a playoff charge. Thereafter I'd think differently. 

3 hours ago, spudski said:

...funny how people will find negatives all the time, so as to make themselves feel better when results aren't going our way.

Yes spud, it's funny, that.....aren't other people funny? Happy New Year, let's hope it starts better than this one has come to an end

Archived