IGNORED

Wade Elliott

Andy082005

6 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

So I'm a tit head because I don't believe you? Yeah mate, sure sure. 

What I was going to say before I edited the post to avoid more nonsense like this you've just spouted above was:

If I'd started this thread and knew the information to be true I wouldn't ask for it to be closed. Very suspicious. I'd want it open so I can come back tomorrow night or Saturday or whenever, after the City players have been arguing amongst themselves and throwing their shirts at Johnson when they're subbed.

Leave it open  then. It's just this thread has turned into a pathetic slanging match . Thats why I said close it . I know what I originally posted is 100% true. 

Keep it open. Let the pointless bitching continue 

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Reminds me of Blackadder...

Well its started badly, tailed off in the middle ;)

A bit like our season then.

Sorry, our season has not gone that well! :grr:

41 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

It's a blessing not being able to spell and type about three words a minute.

Saves me from getting in to arguments with any one on here.

39 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

I'm up to about four words a minute now,small ones.

HaHa.  Right back at you @stephenkibby. .  You claim you don't get into arguments and a man on 4 words a minute immediately claims you have "small ones"!

Send us all a FAX when you have composed a response.  This could get ugly.

Meanwhile, what's going on in the rest of the thread....

5 minutes ago, Chivs said:

HaHa.  Right back at you @stephenkibby. .  You claim you don't get into arguments and a man on 4 words a minute immediately claims you have "small ones"!

Send us all a FAX when you have composed a response.  This could get ugly.

Meanwhile, what's going on in the rest of the thread....

It might turn ugly,but in a painfully slow way.

50 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

It's a blessing not being able to spell and type about three words a minute.

Saves me from getting in to arguments with any one on here.

There's plenty on here can disprove that theory about slow typing and getting into arguments!

22 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Leave it open  then. It's just this thread has turned into a pathetic slanging match . Thats why I said close it . I know what I originally posted is 100% true. 

Keep it open. Let the pointless bitching continue 

Word of advice, if you don't want your threads to turn into a pathetic slanging match, maybe hold off labelling anyone who might not immediately trust you a bellend or tithead.

Back on thread - Stockhausen wrote on twitter today that in the recent days of watching and speaking to the players he has seen no sign of player revolt. 

Cue the Stockhausen abuse, yes he gets a fair amount wrong, but he has one thing over you and that's he has actually had direct contact with the players and staff.

23 hours ago, spudski said:

I don't let facts get in the way of whether I like someone or not.

'Best manager our club has ever had'...beer doing it's stuff is it? Oh yeah....forgot you actually think the same sober.:facepalm: 

Ask yourself the question. Does the gratuitous sober comment say something about you, or me.

SC brought nothing but joy in all the time he was here so why anyone would want to slag the guy off is beyond me.

But you and your mates seem to revel in it.

6 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Ask yourself the question. Does the gratuitous sober comment say something about you, or me.

SC brought nothing but joy in all the time he was here so why anyone would want to slag the guy off is beyond me.

But you and your mates seem to revel in it.

There's that selective memory again. 

There was literally nothing joyous under Cotterill outside of league one. 

4 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Word of advice, if you don't want your threads to turn into a pathetic slanging match, maybe hold off labelling anyone who might not immediately trust you a bellend or tithead.

Back on thread - Stockhausen wrote on twitter today that in the recent days of watching and speaking to the players he has seen no sign of player revolt. 

Cue the Stockhausen abuse, yes he gets a fair amount wrong, but he has one thing over you and that's he has actually had direct contact with the players and staff.

Go back through the thread right to the start and count the sly digs and jibes mate . I reacted and rightly so. I passed on valid information I was given and certain posters resorted to trying to belittle me and mock me.

As I said...this forum has gone down the pan in recent years. Anyone posts anything decent they hear they are either ripped to shreds or the  threads end up in pathetic repetitive puns and jokes .

People that do that...are tit heads and bellends 

7 hours ago, Redstreet said:

So , Luke Freeman destined for QPR ( not news I know ) but " didn't feel mentally right to play on Saturday "

OK , don't play and by the way , like working people everywhere you won't be being paid . 

Disgrace 

We only have LJ's version of events.  And given LJ's off the wall comments after last match, I, for one, won't criticise the young man until I know the full story

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

We only have LJ's version of events.  And given LJ's off the wall comments after last match, I, for one, won't criticise the young man until I know the full story

In our current situation we need everyone to pull together. He wants out then get going. No reason to disbelieve LJ , this happens all the time at clubs. He was useless at Championship level anyway 

19 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There's that selective memory again. 

There was literally nothing joyous under Cotterill outside of league one. 

18 months of brilliance and a downturn caused by either SC's failings or being shat on by the board, depending on what your agenda is. 

OK, so for the pedants like you, I will re-phrase.

SC brought nothing but joy for most of the time he was here so why anyone would want to slag the guy off is beyond me.

18 minutes ago, NickJ said:

18 months of brilliance and a downturn caused by either SC's failings or being shat on by the board, depending on what your agenda is. 

SC brought nothing but joy for most of the time he was here so why anyone would want to slag the guy off is beyond me.

Horrible man. Very successful at League one level. Best manager in my era of watching City. Not the best football though. Can't have it all. Feel free to disagree 

9 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

So in other words yes, you think it's acceptable. 

Interesting how dodged round what I asked. I've already said the run now is unacceptable

I've explained my reasons and haven't "dodged" anything, get over yourself. 

You had the audacity to demand a yes or no answer. It's a forum for views, not for you to make demands. 

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

Andy082005 - I am curious why you liked this comment. Go back and read you posts from January 2016 - you were constantly slagging off Cotterill and the board, couldn't find a good thing to say about him then.  Wouldn't want to slag him off would you.

On 28/01/2017 at 17:12, LondonBristolian said:

On an unrelated note, a member of the Bristol City squad didn't go back to Bristol last week but instead got a train to London. I know this because I was in the same carriage. I didn't have anything City-related on so he would not have known I was a fan and I was hoping he'd say something indiscreet and interesting in one of the numerous phone conversations he had.  He did not and that is why this isn't a particularly interesting story.

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone else got any non-stories about encounters with recent City players? 

Nope nothing as interesting as this.

Oh FFS not more of this bullshit again.

I can 100% guarantee it's all bullshit and completely unhelpful bullshit at that.

How about you take your bullshit upto Horfield?  They like this kind of thing up there.

Right now we got some huge games coming up, let's forget about the bullshit and concentrate on them yea?

Replacing the most successful manager we have had in recent history and the ONLY one ever to give us a meaningful double trophy in one season was always going to be an extremely risky and challenging task. 

I personally was very underwhelmed with the appointment of Lee Johnson exacerbated by the sacking of Steve Cotterill; not as if the masses were demanding his removal, to the best of my recollection.

The board and the owner were, therefore, always going to be on a hiding to nothing with the appointment unless they got it bang on. The early days made the decision look like a remarkable appointment notwithstanding the fact we all should know that change, any change, can give a lift to a poor run. Of course it has since gone wrong in nothing short of spectacular fashion and so some are re-visiting the sacking of SC. That is fair enough.

All I can say is that the board and, particularly, the owner will likely need to swallow a lot of pride fairly soon and make a change once more. if they don't I think we are going down; hardly sticking my head above the pulpit either in saying such a thing am I ?!

1 hour ago, Im_over_ere said:

Andy082005 - I am curious why you liked this comment. Go back and read you posts from January 2016 - you were constantly slagging off Cotterill and the board, couldn't find a good thing to say about him then.  Wouldn't want to slag him off would you.

It was time for him to go. Simple as that. He did an incredible Job in a short space of time but as expected, was found out at this level . Just like I did with  Gary Johnson. Another man who was successful here. You could see months before he was fired that he had ran out of ideas. If 'slanging off' is meaning I want a manager sacked and his behaviours had turned ridiculous ...then guilty as charged 

Now to Lee. A man who should never have been given the job in the first place. A man who....in 12 months has dismantled a team . Selling players like Luke Ayling and Freeman. Laughable. Don't underestimate how important to the squad these two were. We had a group of friends who played football...who needed adding to, not dismantling .

Stop trying to make stories out of nothing to, once again, belittle me. Cotterill should have went after the 3-0 defeat at Rotherham....he held on for about 2 more months. 

As for the board ....I've always said they are clueless how to make us a successful championship club. Bless them for trying ...but they are clueless 

8 hours ago, NickJ said:

Why does everything have to be about someone's 'agenda'? I have none. I have supported every single manager from the word go, whether I wanted them at the club or not, which is more than can be said for some.

I was vocally against Cotts but got behind him from minute one once appointed.

I loved the time under Cotterill at L1 but he was an awful manager in the championship whichever way you look at it. 

As for not being backed by the board, I must have imagined the multiple times they sanctioned the clubs transfer record to be smashed in order to get players for him. 

Its hardly pedantic to call out a statement like 'nothing but joy' when he was booed off the pitch week in week out before his inevitable departure after shouting abuse in the face of fans. 

9 hours ago, shelts said:

Horrible man. Very successful at League one level. Best manager in my era of watching City. Not the best football though. Can't have it all. Feel free to disagree 

Blimey. I actually quite enjoyed the football. Free flowing, attack minded and pretty much always set out to win a game of football. The feeling you got going to the Gate was superb. For the first time in many a year you were confident of winning let alone getting a point. Even if we went a goal down you still believed we were going to win. Quite a surreal feeling in my time as a supporter. 

The football now is diar. We concede a goal, you fear the worst. Players look lost owing to lack of a plan. Cotterill set his stall out (to his detriment in the end) with 352. Everyone knew there jobs. 

So frustrating that we didn't build on the Summer of 2015. We had a real opportunity. Cotterill and the board at fault. The board at fault again with the appointment of LJ. 

The horrible man comment. From the outside it looked as if he treated the players like his own and they backed him. The chemistry that he formed with those players was quite special. Horrible - maybe. Could that not also be seen as passionate. A winner? 

Archived