IGNORED

Wade Elliott

Andy082005

50 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

And you still haven't answered whether Cotterills record with us in the Championship was acceptable? Straight yes or no

To my mind the bloke deserved some loyalty from SL, SL is quoted as saying "he is the man at the helm to take us forward". He left LJ a very good dressing room and he was a couple players short of having a decent Championship team LJ has totally undone everything SC bought to this club.

I would feel totally more confident that SC would get us out of the mess LJ has put us in. I had no problem with his record with us last season, simply because I had confidence in him to turn it round. 

I cant say the same at the moment.

15 hours ago, NickJ said:

Your hatred of Cotterill from the day he was appointed, and your resentment of his success, in itself makes your opinion of him pretty much inconsequential.

In fact its worse because people like you made it easier for Lansdown to **** all over one of the best managers this club ever had.

That's got to be a joke?

4 hours ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

From Wade's mouth? Or a youth team player or two not up to scratch (maybe a tad bitter). 

As said in my earlier posts, from 4 of the u21 squad. All of them are good players and certainly not "not up to scratch". They were just surprised at the way they were belittled by someone they had previously held in high regard. 

Seems Wade may have learned from this period though - lets certainly hope so. 

4 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

Yes 

Properly worring as you seem very 'in the loop with' with the goings on

Which leads me to why the LT video's when the truth is contradictory and clearly in the public domain?

I'ts gone from positive-ish pre season to a club in freefall with rotten apples amonst the squad and coaches. Bar losing JK where did it all go wrong as that sunny 8-2 victory over Walsall seems an age away

Sorry @Charliesboots not aimed at you as apprececiate you are unable to answer

24 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Quick question, if we think it was right for Cotts to go, are we also allowed to think LJ needs to go too as reading this thread I'm not sure anymore.

Well some don't believe Cotterill should've gone....

And I don't think anyone is implying that LJ shouldn't go... failure in the next 2 games for me will make his position untenable.. 4 points minimum

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

To my mind the bloke deserved some loyalty from SL, SL is quoted as saying "he is the man at the helm to take us forward". He left LJ a very good dressing room and he was a couple players short of having a decent Championship team LJ has totally undone everything SC bought to this club.

I would feel totally more confident that SC would get us out of the mess LJ has put us in. I had no problem with his record with us last season, simply because I had confidence in him to turn it round. 

I cant say the same at the moment.

So in other words yes, you think it's acceptable. 

Interesting how dodged round what I asked. I've already said the run now is unacceptable

1 hour ago, Redstreet said:

So , Luke Freeman destined for QPR ( not news I know ) but " didn't feel mentally right to play on Saturday "

OK , don't play and by the way , like working people everywhere you won't be being paid . 

Disgrace 

He won't be paid, the club will fine him just like they did with Kodjia. Two weeks wages minimum I expect.

On 29 January 2017 at 07:41, Andy082005 said:

He was very much liked. LJ went to watch him take training with the young uns a couple of times , didn't like what he saw....and wanted him removed. .

Again ....utter garbage.Take your shit stirring post and shove it you utter nerd

20 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Says its utter garbage. Has absolutely no proof that it's garbage 

Typical of what I call an "otib bellend"

By all means prove it with your so called info and source........agh you can't. Well done though I see you have learnt to spell 

3 hours ago, Harry said:

As said in my earlier posts, from 4 of the u21 squad. All of them are good players and certainly not "not up to scratch". They were just surprised at the way they were belittled by someone they had previously held in high regard. 

Seems Wade may have learned from this period though - lets certainly hope so. 

Man management can be done in so many ways. An arm around a shoulder or a kick up the backside. Maybe the wrong thing for Wade to say to some individual as it could have dented their confidence or maybe the right thing to say as a gee up and a hint to work harder.

I have never worked in football coaching and retired gracefully from playing in my late teens. But as a long standing supporter who for so many years also watched the reserves and youth teams quite often each season, I would say that it is rarely the most talented boys/youths that make it to the first team. Many fall by the wayside because they are not mentally tough enough to survive all the hard knocks that befall young players when they get near the first team. Old pros in reserve teams can destroy a young lads career in half an hour.

I've seen dozens of 17 year olds at City who looked as if they'd play for England but none had the grit and mental hardness of Gerry Gow, not necessarily the most talented footballer to pull on the red shirt but certainly among the top ten of my lifetime for perseverance and mental toughness. He'd had all four cartilages removed from his knees by the age of 24 - to survive that means you are tough in mind.

So maybe Wade was testing their characters which is as important as their skill.

Remember Eric Bristow said once that there are thousands of darts players who can throw doubles and trebles all day long. But it's those who can do it on a floodlit stage with TV cameras and a couple of thousand screaming fans that win all the prizes.

1 minute ago, stephenkibby. said:

It's a blessing not being able to spell and type about three words a minute.

Saves me from getting in to arguments with any one on here.

I'm up to about four words a minute now,small ones.

36 minutes ago, Super said:

cant really be bothered to read 6 pages so can anyone tell me what this thread is about?!

It starts, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" and just sort of goes on from there.

Just now, Andy082005 said:

Not at alleast. Just fed up of dealing with absolue tit heads like you . The thread is going round in circles 

So I'm a tit head because I don't believe you? Yeah mate, sure sure. 

What I was going to say before I edited the post to avoid more nonsense like this you've just spouted above was:

26 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Agreed . Only wanted to pass on some info . Happy for the mods to close it now. It's all gone well of track 

If I'd started this thread and knew the information to be true I wouldn't ask for it to be closed. Very suspicious. I'd want it open so I can come back tomorrow night or Saturday or whenever, after the City players have been arguing amongst themselves and throwing their shirts at Johnson when they're subbed.

39 minutes ago, Super said:

cant really be bothered to read 6 pages so can anyone tell me what this thread is about?!

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

It starts, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" and just sort of goes on from there.

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Just fed up of dealing with absolue tit heads like you .

Can't say I can remember the Book of Genesis saying that Andy :)

Archived