IGNORED

Wade Elliott

Andy082005

6 hours ago, Harry said:

From what I understand Mr Burns, it all started out ok and WE was certainly held in respect. However over the course of a few months that respect was gradually eroded away in a number of the youth players. I have heard this from 4 of the players who were under his stewardship. None of these players have ever made the first team squad and are only young and very much learning their trade and they needed a coach who would not belittle them in training and shatter their confidence. 

It may be that not all the players felt that way, but some definitely did, and this behaviour was not tolerated, so he left. 

To others comments, I am speaking purely about WE here. This is not a pro-LJ stance, as I am totally in favour of removing LJ. I just don't think any comments from WE should be taken as some sort of gospel in relation to the LJ situation. 

Regardless, it's pretty evident (unless you're from another planet) that there has been disharmony in the camp and the club propaganda they've put out this last couple weeks is so transparent, but some will lap it up. 

I'm all in favour of LJ leaving, but couldn't give a shit what Wade Elliott thinks. 

I've seen Wade Elliot running his FGR under 18 team twice in the last month. One of my lads was playing against his team. We actually played them away then at home in succession.

As a City fan I had an extra interest in watching how he conducted himself and how he spoke and got his tactics across to his players. He kept a zero profile, I would not have known he was the coach if it wasn't for one of my lads team's coaches telling me. 

All I can say is he was the perfect example of a coach with developing players. His pre match talk to the players ( on the side of the pitch) was quietly done, as was his HT team talk. Not once did he raise his voice during the 2 games. He let his team play and just offered guidance where he felt it was needed.

His squad of players were good and honest, they tried to play football ( what I would class as ) the proper way for the entire 180 minutes. All in all WE came across exactly how I imagined him to be,, a quiet thoughtful coach with no airs and graces.

No inside information. Living hundreds of miles from Bristol.

Yet believe that there is something not right about the club at the present time

What that might be we may or may never find out, as everything is so untransparent in the set-up.  Would love to ask Coppell and Cotterill what they saw as the club's failings

15 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I've seen Wade Elliot running his FGR under 18 team twice in the last month. One of my lads was playing against his team. We actually played them away then at home in succession.

As a City fan I had an extra interest in watching how he conducted himself and how he spoke and got his tactics across to his players. He kept a zero profile, I would not have known he was the coach if it wasn't for one of my lads team's coaches telling me. 

All I can say is he was the perfect example of a coach with developing players. His pre match talk to the players ( on the side of the pitch) was quietly done, as was his HT team talk. Not once did he raise his voice during the 2 games. He let his team play and just offered guidance where he felt it was needed.

His squad of players were good and honest, they tried to play football ( what I would class as ) the proper way for the entire 180 minutes. All in all WE came across exactly how I imagined him to be,, a quiet thoughtful coach with no airs and graces.

If any coach resorts to shouting they are not doing their job correctly.

On 28/01/2017 at 18:13, coxyboy said:

It's so very easy to say I can't tell you the source......utter billshit unless you can not name the source but how they are in the know , Player, Ex Player etc. Put up or shut up

I remember Wade Elliott, he was pretty good and went to coach the youth squad didn't he? Maybe he could come back and play!

2 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

With all the insults you're dishing out, you seem to be one of them

Whatever mate . I'm just fed up with the same numpties on here who try to belittle or shoot down posters (not just me ) who are only sharing a bit of information . I've never claimed to be 'in the know' but in my line of work I do pick up the odd little snippet. As I'm sure others do. Then all you get is the same morons who shoot theme down . 

The same ones who ruin threads by regurgitating the same unfunny one liners they've been using for years 

I have posted on this forum for years and I personally feel at present it's the worst it's ever been for kissing assing clicks 

34 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Yet believe that there is something not right about the club at the present time

What that might be we may or may never find out, as everything is so untransparent in the set-up.  Would love to ask Coppell and Cotterill what they saw as the club's failings

I could tell you what one of them would say. Has said. But certain posters on this thread would try to belittle me with a sarcastic and patronising comment.

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

I could tell you what one of them would say. Has said. But certain posters on this thread would try to belittle me with a sarcastic and patronising comment.

Would say? So they didn't say it then... has said? prove it then. Again its speculation and rumour from some random poster on the internet

And patronising? you patronise and belittle others if they don't share your view... six of one.

46 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Ask them what was good at the club?!!

2 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Would say? So they didn't say it then... has said? prove it then. Again its speculation and rumour from some random poster on the internet

And patronising? you patronise and belittle others if they don't share your view... six of one.

See what I mean.

one of them said it to me. But just to wind you up I won't tell you which one or what he said. 

So now and your pal can put the boot into me as well as @BobBobSuperBob you pair of bullies 

I avoided this tread as I wasn't that interested in Wade Elliot (don't get me wrong I love the bloke :wub: but wasn't sure of the relevance) 

Now I have actually read it, I would like to suggest it has potential to be a forum classic!

So. IF I read this correctly Wade is a friend of a friend of Andy. Wade has allegedly made comments suggesting all is not well and Andy has repeated them on here. Now this hearsay has been labeled as possibly libelous.

Ok so I will brush over that there is a tenuous grasp on libel laws and get to the meat and potatoes.

Shock horror for some, there are people who know people around/associated with the club and Bristol Sport that post on here. Not everything that gets said is bullshit but not everything is accurate by any means either.

The issue is why would anyone come on here with a posting history and make something up like this?...There are only two possible answers.

1 He wanted to share something he believes to explain the situation that he feels is credible

2 He is an attention seeking cock with an anti LJ agenda

To be frank, whether you believe something like this or not is going to largely depend on where you stand personally on the manager. However common sense suggests that something is entirely wrong. If anyone believes we are in this mess, but all remains well at the club are deluded....The theme of calling everyone out who posts something they heard is pretty boring, particularly because it doesn't fit with an existing view (cognitive dissonance).

We are the worst club in the division by a country mile having spent millions and I suspect the OP has suggested something that has some considerable truth....But naming Wade as the ultimate source is not the smartest thing anyone has ever done...You dont name your source under any circumstances, particularly just to appease people on here!

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

See what I mean.

one of them said it to me. But just to wind you up I won't tell you which one or what he said. 

So now and your pal can put the boot into me as well as @BobBobSuperBob you pair of bullies 

I'm sure you and BBSB can handle it from some random posters on the internet... 

It doesn't wind me up, I asked you to prove it, you won't... no skin of my nose.

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

See what I mean.

Don't bring me into it - I'm already sat in a dark corner shaking with fear

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I avoided this tread as I wasn't that interested in Wade Elliot (don't get me wrong I love the bloke :wub: but wasn't sure of the relevance) 

Now I have actually read it, I would like to suggest it has potential to be a forum classic!

So. IF I read this correctly Wade is a friend of a friend of Andy. Wade has allegedly made comments suggesting all is not well and Andy has repeated them on here. Now this hearsay has been labeled as possibly libelous.

Ok so I will brush over that there is a tenuous grasp on libel laws and get to the meat and potatoes.

Shock horror for some, there are people who know people around/associated with the club and Bristol Sport that post on here. Not everything that gets said is bullshit but not everything is accurate by any means either.

The issue is why would anyone come on here with a posting history and make something up like this?...There are only two possible answers.

1 He wanted to share something he believes to explain the situation that he feels is credible

To be frank, whether you believe something like this or not is going to largely depend on where you stand personally on the manager. However common sense suggests that something is entirely wrong. If anyone believes we are in this mess, but all remains well at the club are deluded....The theme of calling everyone out who posts something they heard is pretty boring, particularly because it doesn't fit with an existing view (cognitive dissonance).

We are the worst club in the division by a country mile having spent millions and I suspect the OP has suggested something that has some considerable truth....But naming Wade as the ultimate source is not the smartest thing anyone has ever done...You dont name your source under any circumstances, particularly just to appease people on here!

That is one of the most impressive posts on this thread. 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Sounds very positive Bill, and exactly the way he should be. Perhaps he's learnt from his first spell as a coach that belittling 17 year old kids is not the right way to go about the job. I certainly hope so, as I always thought WE was a genuinely nice chap when he played here, but he definitely made mistakes in his first coaching role - I can 100% straight from the horses mouth guarantee you. Hopefully he's learnt and will become a better coach for it. 

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Saved me writing similar. Spot on. 

Keep your sources under wraps. If someone doesn't want to believe you, they won't. And if it's true and they don't believe you, then you already know their response doesn't matter. 

6 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

I'm sure you and BBSB can handle it from some random posters on the internet... 

It doesn't wind me up, I asked you to prove it, you won't... no skin of my nose.

Been out all afternoon now sat in a pub having a pint and have read your afternoon exchange. Doesn't reflect well on any of you including my internet ally but on many threads I have seen you and your pal be very personal in your laudable but misguided defence of our Head Coach. 

Time to grow up and smell the coffee. 

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I never once wanted Johnson as boss. Completely wrong choice for me and said it from day one. However...I have no agenda. I love this club, probally to much . It's a huge part of my life and I want it to succeed and I want Lee Johnson to succeed. If he succeeds...it means we succeed. This in turn  would make me so happy. I've always said...I'd love to be proved wrong. There is a myth on this forum that people want us to fail just "to be proved right" . If there are people like that...then they are not City fans.

I have nothing personal against Lee. I would love for us to stay up, build a squad, and become a Premiership team one day . I'd love people to mock me like they mock Robbored ....why? Because it would mean we would have succeeded .

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sounds very positive Bill, and exactly the way he should be. Perhaps he's learnt from his first spell as a coach that belittling 17 year old kids is not the right way to go about the job. I certainly hope so, as I always thought WE was a genuinely nice chap when he played here, but he definitely made mistakes in his first coaching role - I can 100% straight from the horses mouth guarantee you. Hopefully he's learnt and will become a better coach for it. 

Harry...alright fella...regards what you think WE said to the players you know. Perhaps he was 'Instructed' to put things across in a certain way, and that it wasn't his want to do it that way? Hope you get my drift...it wasn't just him who told the kids they were pathetic, and that their contracts would be torn up or reduced to tears.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Harry...alright fella...regards what you think WE said to the players you know. Perhaps he was 'Instructed' to put things across in a certain way, and that it wasn't his want to do it that way? Hope you get my drift...it wasn't just him who told the kids they were pathetic, and that their contracts would be torn up or reduced to tears.

Interesting spud, care to elaborate?

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Been out all afternoon now sat in a pub having a pint and have read your afternoon exchange. Doesn't reflect well on any of you including my internet ally but on many threads I have seen you and your pal be very personal in your laudable but misguided defence of our Head Coach. 

Time to grow up and smell the coffee. 

Oh and BBSB hasn't? Your post is misguided

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Saved me writing similar. Spot on. 

Keep your sources under wraps. If someone doesn't want to believe you, they won't. And if it's true and they don't believe you, then you already know their response doesn't matter. 

Welcome to the A Team As Below. Cotswold...Could be up your way the week after next!

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I never once wanted Johnson as boss. Completely wrong choice for me and said it from day one. However...I have no agenda. I love this club, probally to much . It's a huge part of my life and I want it to succeed and I want Lee Johnson to succeed. If he succeeds...it means we succeed. This in turn  would make me so happy. I've always said...I'd love to be proved wrong. There is a myth on this forum that people want us to fail just "to be proved right" . If there are people like that...then they are not City fans.

I have nothing personal against Lee. I would love for us to stay up, build a squad, and become a Premiership team one day . I'd love people to mock me like they mock Robbored ....why? Because it would mean we would have succeeded .

I know fella. Its hard here sometimes!

31 minutes ago, shelts said:

Ask them what was good at the club?!!

With our continued lack of progress under Board and owner the only way forward is to address what is going wrong.  The alternative is, as many posters have said, the same recurring cycle of partial success and abject failure

On 28/01/2017 at 17:24, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm more confused reading this than I was before which is some going.

Does anyone know who Anthony Rougier is?

yes he was twin brother of Tony Rougier and they played alternate weekends.If memory serves me correctly Tony played at home Anthony played away when we needed width.

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

With our continued lack of progress under Board and owner the only way forward is to address what is going wrong.  The alternative is, as many posters have said, the same recurring cycle of partial success and abject failure

Also ignored this thread until now. 

I find this whole thing of belittling posters on the forum who come on here to share a snippet of inside knowledge that they have gained rather distasteful. Yes there are some BS spreaders but they are usually pretty obvious, or clearly trying to get a laugh out of a wind-up. But the trolling (because that's what it is and you know who you are) of those genuinely trying to post something that is about something very important to them is just way out of line.

The take home message from all of this, because it has come up time & time again, is that there is a great deal of unhappiness at Ashton Gate. Well no BS Sherlock!

We have just lost 13 out of 16 league games. No professional player worth even a tenth of his wages is going to be happy about that. Particularly those who feel they have been sidelined, deliberately played out of position, or have a particular affection for the club. Certain players are definitely low in confidence right now, and it shows. The reasons for that will be known by a few on here as Bristol is not so big that people don't have contacts.

There are clearly problems that are going to take a lot of sorting out. I have little confidence left that this is going to be done in time to avoid relegation & much though I enjoyed some of our previous stints in League 1, I was hoping for something better given the investment put into the club recently and the manner of our promotion just 2 seasons ago. On that basis, the underachievement this season particularly is truly shocking.

Whether the whole truth ever comes out, I would guess not, but often when teams get relegated it is not just a reflection of how well or badly they played but of what is going on more widely within the club and behind the scenes. Take from that whatever you want!

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Depends on what you class as success or failure. Unfortunately we all have our own views on that. 

It doesn't take the brains of a rocking horse to realise that all is not well at Bristol City FC. I have witnessed seven previous relegations in my life and all of them are due to splits in the squad, poor management and so on. I forecast early November that we were facing a probable relegation along the lines of 1979-80 (8th in October 1979 and down in April 1980).

The usual signs are very poor away form and doing reasonably at home but too often getting draws because the effort needed to win is not there. It signifies that the players don't give 100% away and will do a bit better at home, but crumble to defeat too often. 

The problem back in 2012 was the squad, splits in it and thus two teams on the park. The problem this time seems to be the Head Coach being incapable of coaching/managing players at this level. Like father, like son?

Archived