IGNORED

Wade Elliott

Andy082005

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Allegedly something our previous manager did mate. Mentioned it before many moons ago.

Your hatred of Cotterill from the day he was appointed, and your resentment of his success, in itself makes your opinion of him pretty much inconsequential.

In fact its worse because people like you made it easier for Lansdown to **** all over one of the best managers this club ever had.

7 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Your hatred of Cotterill from the day he was appointed, and your resentment of his success, in itself makes your opinion of him pretty much inconsequential.

In fact its worse because people like you made it easier for Lansdown to **** all over one of the best managers this club ever had.

Have a day off... he was let go for poor results and the same will go for LJ should this run continue

1 minute ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Have a day off... he was let go for poor results and the same will go for LJ should this run continue

See, why the "have a day off". You are just a bully.

Debate, civilly.

IMO Cotterill was ****** over by an owner that is incompetent when it comes to selecting managers, and was properly let down by the owner in Summer 2015.

Have you seen the post of 31 December 2015?

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Sounds very positive Bill, and exactly the way he should be. Perhaps he's learnt from his first spell as a coach that belittling 17 year old kids is not the right way to go about the job. I certainly hope so, as I always thought WE was a genuinely nice chap when he played here, but he definitely made mistakes in his first coaching role - I can 100% straight from the horses mouth guarantee you. Hopefully he's learnt and will become a better coach for it. 

people said Alan Walsh was hard on the under 18s. I wouldn't like it as a parent but I know how brilliant AW was with younger lads. I think there might be a case to say that to be a pro you need a bit of mental fortitude and the hard love might be a way of weeding out. Dunno about Wade just saying and of course he has first hand experience of being bullied himself by that asshole Carlyle.

15 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Debate, civilly.

IMO Cotterill was ****** over by an owner that is incompetent when it comes to selecting managers, and was properly let down by the owner in Summer 2015.

A bully, that really isn't bullying :facepalm:

4 wins in 28 competitive games during the Championship season, he should've walked in the summer if he felt let down. SL said that was money available and there's 2 sides to every story, this one is no different. And as SL has backed every manager which is proved then there is no reason to doubt him

37 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I don't let facts get in the way of whether I like someone or not.

'Best manager our club has ever had'...beer doing it's stuff is it? Oh yeah....forgot you actually think the same sober.:facepalm: 

31 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Debate, civilly.

Not quite like that

@Charliesboots  You seem to have good access to the board/players based on your previous posts - most of which prove accurate.

Whilst I realise you cannot disrespect your contacts by naming names, could you please let us know if you have heard reports of player dissatisfaction?

Might go a long way to clearing things up.

Appreciated

9 hours ago, SX227 said:

@Charliesboots  You seem to have good access to the board/players based on your previous posts - most of which prove accurate.

Whilst I realise you cannot disrespect your contacts by naming names, could you please let us know if you have heard reports of player dissatisfaction?

Might go a long way to clearing things up.

Appreciated

Yes 

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Sounds very positive Bill, and exactly the way he should be. Perhaps he's learnt from his first spell as a coach that belittling 17 year old kids is not the right way to go about the job. I certainly hope so, as I always thought WE was a genuinely nice chap when he played here, but he definitely made mistakes in his first coaching role - I can 100% straight from the horses mouth guarantee you. Hopefully he's learnt and will become a better coach for it. 

From Wade's mouth? Or a youth team player or two not up to scratch (maybe a tad bitter). 

46 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

And, could you please let us know if you have heard reports of board dissatisfaction?

May I chip in here...

Player dissatisfaction + Fan dissatisfaction = Board dissatisfaction.

p.s. Unless of course the board are completely gormless which i doubt.

12 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

So a manager gets sacked 'after' doing the pre match news conference a day before a game.... but it was just down to poor results. Do you seriously believe what your writing? 

33 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

May I chip in here...

Player dissatisfaction + Fan dissatisfaction = Board dissatisfaction.

p.s. Unless of course the board are completely gormless which i doubt.

.......but if you remember your school maths, if you multiply two negatives together you always get a positive!  :whistle:

17 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So a manager gets sacked 'after' doing the pre match news conference a day before a game.... but it was just down to poor results. Do you seriously believe what your writing? 

Do you believe 4 wins in 28 games including crashing out to League 2 opposition in the cup acceptable then?

27 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I think that timetable of events is a bit of a red herring to be honest.

I suppose there was a multitude of reasons why SC departed the club, the surprise being he lasted as long as he did. Had it not been for the success of the previous season I'm not sure he'd have been here past October 2015.

Nightmare to work with, slagging off your board/owner in post match interviews, largely ignoring the academy, not filling a bench when you are able to do so, utter madness in continuing with a formation that wasn't working, players losing faith in manager due to failing formation/tactics, shouting a load of abuse at a supporter in earshot of children in the Atyeo, lack of communication when it came to transfer dealings, allegedly SC/KB only wanting to do deals with certain agents, alleged indiscretions when it came to transfer dealings...all of which culminated in the disaster of summer 2015 and his eventual dismissal.

On 28/01/2017 at 18:12, LondonBristolian said:

On an unrelated note, a member of the Bristol City squad didn't go back to Bristol last week but instead got a train to London. I know this because I was in the same carriage. I didn't have anything City-related on so he would not have known I was a fan and I was hoping he'd say something indiscreet and interesting in one of the numerous phone conversations he had.  He did not and that is why this isn't a particularly interesting story.

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone else got any non-stories about encounters with recent City players? 

I , once didn't meet Alan Walsh .

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I , once didn't meet Alan Walsh .

Actually my second least exciting Bristol City related anecdote is that Alan Walsh's wife was once my boss when I was young and temping during breaks from university.

My third least exciting story is I once sat on Ray Atteveld's lap for a photo. I won a competition of some sort. (The prize was getting to go to watch City play, a signed football and a chance to meet some players afterwards, not specifically to sit on Ray Atteveld's lap per se. Probably worth adding that I was a child at the time.)

I think that concludes my entire list of Bristol City player related anecdotes. 

34 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Do you believe 4 wins in 28 games including crashing out to League 2 opposition in the cup acceptable then?

So, instead of answering what I asked, you ask me a question. I will answer it though!

He wasn't sacked for that reason, no manager gets sacked 'after' he has sat down in front of the media and done the press conference for a game a day later.

It may well have been part of the reason, but not the real reason.

I will ask you another one, Do you think losing 13 out of 14 games, and 8 league games in a row is acceptable ?I will also add in losing to a Burnley reserve team on Saturday.

Or, do you have double standards when it comes down to managers records?

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So, instead of answering what I asked, you ask me a question. I will answer it though!

He wasn't sacked for that reason, no manager gets sacked 'after' he has sat down in front of the media and done the press conference for a game a day later.

I will ask you another one, Do you think losing 13 out of 14 games, and 8 league games in a row is acceptable ?I will also add in losing to a Burnley reserve team on Saturday.

What @Kid in the Riot has posted above is what some of the reasons I've posted before... before rigid tactics, failure to name full benches, poor performances, failing to utilize the squad, remonstrating with a fan during the PNE game etc but I can no longer be arsed to due to others shooting me down before,although it was obvious that was his deficiencies... so now I'd just go black & white and say 4 wins in 28 is unacceptable.

Btw I've never said that losing those games or the run is acceptable, I think you're looking for things which aren't there. What I will say is that LJ's record despite the abysmal run is still superior to SC at this level with us, you cannot argue with that fact. Irrespective of money spent, we barely could name a full squad when LJ took over so it was obvious that there would be a complete overhaul of the squad with many incomings and quite a few outgoings... what was it? 17 in and 16 out so far (transfers and loans). However if he goes then he goes.

16 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

And you still haven't answered whether Cotterills record with us in the Championship was acceptable? Straight yes or no

31 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

If I may - On paper they both have had comparably disgusting runs.  Although their win/lose ratios are not all that different and Cotterill had that fantastic season with us. Anyway.

What is not compariable right now is what is going on behind the scenes (see below) and what is being done to attempt to arrest this slide. That is what has bought LJ more time. Whether LJ succeeds in turning us around is another debate, time will tell. I suspect not personally but believe he should have the next two games.

51 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think that timetable of events is a bit of a red herring to be honest.

I suppose there was a multitude of reasons why SC departed the club, the surprise being he lasted as long as he did. Had it not been for the success of the previous season I'm not sure he'd have been here past October 2015.

Nightmare to work with, slagging off your board/owner in post match interviews, largely ignoring the academy, not filling a bench when you are able to do so, utter madness in continuing with a formation that wasn't working, players losing faith in manager due to failing formation/tactics, shouting a load of abuse at a supporter in earshot of children in the Atyeo, lack of communication when it came to transfer dealings, allegedly SC/KB only wanting to do deals with certain agents, alleged indiscretions when it came to transfer dealings...all of which culminated in the disaster of summer 2015 and his eventual dismissal.

The closest post to the truth in this entire thread.

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

If I may - On paper they both have had comparably disgusting runs.  Although their win/lose ratios are not all that different and Cotterill had that fantastic season with us. Anyway.

What is not compariable right now is what is going on behind the scenes (see below) and what is being done to attempt to arrest this slide. That is what has bought LJ more time. Whether LJ succeeds in turning us around is another debate, time will tell. I suspect not personally but believe he should have the next two games.

The closest post to the truth in this entire thread.

To be fair Bill wants to include cup results than LJ has won 12 out of 34 games, so I'd say that he's done better than SC..  

33 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

What @Kid in the Riot has posted above is what some of the reasons I've posted before... before rigid tactics, failure to name full benches, poor performances, failing to utilize the squad, remonstrating with a fan during the PNE game etc but I can no longer be arsed to due to others shooting me down before,although it was obvious that was his deficiencies... so now I'd just go black & white and say 4 wins in 28 is unacceptable.

Btw I've never said that losing those games or the run is acceptable, I think you're looking for things which aren't there. What I will say is that LJ's record despite the abysmal run is still superior to SC at this level with us, you cannot argue with that fact. Irrespective of money spent, we barely could name a full squad when LJ took over so it was obvious that there would be a complete overhaul of the squad with many incomings and quite a few outgoings... what was it? 17 in and 16 out so far (transfers and loans). However if he goes then he goes.

Let's say LJs team is

Giefer

Little Flint Mags Golb

O'Dowda/Smith/Pack/GON/Reid 

Abraham

(or very similar rotations, diamonds, etc)

That team is quite a Cotts team, considering 18m was spent 

8 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Let's say LJs team is

Giefer

Little Flint Mags Golb

O'Dowda/Smith/Pack/GON/Reid 

Abraham

(or very similar rotations, diamonds, etc)

That team is quite a Cotts team, considering 18m was spent 

Would probably argue that hegeler and brownhill are now preferred to Pack and Smith so it's not really a Cotterill team barring Flint, Little and Reid. 

8 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Would probably argue that hegeler and brownhill are now preferred to Pack and Smith so it's not really a Cotterill team barring Flint, Little and Reid. 

Hegeler definitely. Minus loans, no Giefer + Tammy. Only sold Kodjia as we had to & LJ fell upon Tomlin.

I hear your point but there's no excuse for LJ spending all the money he did/provide these results and he definitely didn't have to have a 'complete overhaul' at all.

Archived