IGNORED

Worst. Game. Ever.

Benjam!n Ultra

On 04/02/2017 at 17:09, Up The City! said:

You know what I've just read your post, and listening to people on Radio Bristol and you can all go and do one!!!!

After however many games without a win I don't give a **** how we got a win, what mattered was we got a win!!! And I'm bloody delighted. 

36 likes and don't know wat your chattin about..

Your in line for the LJ "bullshit" design award..........

On 2/4/2017 at 22:23, Red Exile said:

You've picked the very lowest point in my personal commitment to the club right there...seemed to me that the towel had been thrown in and that there was an expectation that people would turn up and watch any old uninspiring tosh. Lots did, but anyone with other pressures on their time or other commitments has a choice to make. I happen to think that we currently have the players to put on a decent show...but they lack the organisation, inspiration or whatever to do that right now, and my guess is that responsibility lies with the manager. 

That was the 3 years or so from Coppell leaving to O'Driscoll being sacked I assume?

Oh the football was by and large appalling in those times, no doubt- the squad was unbalanced, went from spending to austerity to spending again- all very scattergun.

I think we do have some decent, some good players yes- but so many thrown together at once- so many signed in 12 months- this takes time, this takes chemistry to build a cohesive side, a unified squad. If anything we signed too many IMO- 3 or 4 too many, should have kept Ayling=a more cohesive squad. Of course the manager has more than a little to do with this so yes responsibility ultimately lies with him.;

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That was the 3 years or so from Coppell leaving to O'Driscoll being sacked I assume?

Oh the football was by and large appalling in those times, no doubt- the squad was unbalanced, went from spending to austerity to spending again- all very scattergun.

I think we do have some decent, some good players yes- but so many thrown together at once- so many signed in 12 months- this takes time, this takes chemistry to build a cohesive side, a unified squad. If anything we signed too many IMO- 3 or 4 too many, should have kept Ayling=a more cohesive squad. Of course the manager has more than a little to do with this so yes responsibility ultimately lies with him.;

A very reasonable and thoughtful post. Barnsley stuck with Johnson after a similar terrible run and they went on to the play offs. Not saying that will happen, but looking at our squad now, if he can bed the new players in, there is more than enough to stay up and hopefully push on next season. 

my main concern is fullbacks. At the moment they both look league 1 standard. 

30 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

A very reasonable and thoughtful post. Barnsley stuck with Johnson after a similar terrible run and they went on to the play offs. Not saying that will happen, but looking at our squad now, if he can bed the new players in, there is more than enough to stay up and hopefully push on next season. 

And

Sir Alex Ferguson had a terrible run when he was first at Man U

Can some of these detractors of L J explain why they are upset about a one goal win against Rotherham. To a man, and some women, these detractors argue that because Rotherham are an awful team the margin of our victory should have been greater. Therefore, we too are awful. However, if we are awful why did all those teams only beat us by a margin of one goal. They must all be awful too then. Indeed, some were very fortunate to gain a narrow victory over us, far more fortunate than we were V Rotherham on Saturday.

26 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Can some of these detractors of L J explain why they are upset about a one goal win against Rotherham. To a man, and some women, these detractors argue that because Rotherham are an awful team the margin of our victory should have been greater. Therefore, we too are awful. However, if we are awful why did all those teams only beat us by a margin of one goal. They must all be awful too then. Indeed, some were very fortunate to gain a narrow victory over us, far more fortunate than we were V Rotherham on Saturday.

I never thought of it this way. Very valid points.

4 hours ago, redfieldred said:

Not with him though did they?

As for the fullbacks I don't know what the recruitment strategy was/is, except that it smacked of running before we walked in a number of instances with millions spent on ones for the future who warm benches or entertain a few thousand fans in greater Manchester.

On 04/02/2017 at 23:11, Up The City! said:

What did you expect? Us to go on a record breaking winning run to balance it out?

It's very clear people have chosen what side they are on and refuse to budge from that position.

Some are even willing us to lose so that in their minds we can sack LJ and move onto better things.

No doubt in my mind that these people don't care about us and I thinj they are willing to take a short term hit for a long term gain but imo that is a risky strategy that offers no guarantees so personally I'm happy to take a win in whatever shape or form it comes.

I'm still sat on the fence, could someone please sand it down it's a bit rough.

On Saturday, February 04, 2017 at 22:23, Red Exile said:

You've picked the very lowest point in my personal commitment to the club right there...seemed to me that the towel had been thrown in and that there was an expectation that people would turn up and watch any old uninspiring tosh. Lots did, but anyone with other pressures on their time or other commitments has a choice to make. I happen to think that we currently have the players to put on a decent show...but they lack the organisation, inspiration or whatever to do that right now, and my guess is that responsibility lies with the manager. 

True. Last time we went down we had a significant number of players who just didn't give a shit. These players care, and that's what makes the ineptitude of the manager and the owner's refusal to do anything about it so ****ing heartbreaking, for them and for us.

Archived