IGNORED

Worst. Game. Ever.

Benjam!n Ultra

Just now, Up The City! said:

I agree with you. I would have liked us to have pushed for another but considering all the late goals we have conceded I think it was fair to shut up shop and time waste.

Another goal or at the very least a real concise, attacking display would have done wonders for confidence and their belief that they didn't become shite overnight.

44 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So you think it is just stubbornness that means people "refuse to budge" from their position on LJ?

Or do you think it might be that one unconvincing win against a side who hadn't won in 16 might not be enough to suddenly convince people of his credentials after 13 defeats in 17?

I know which one I think it is.

They've won twice in the last month. Norwich and Wigan, you might be right if you mean away 

11 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Current form? Two games undefeated? I'll take that form til the end of the season.

I fully understand this view, it may work but also it may not work and right now especially on the back of two positive results I'm prepared to sit tight and see what happens. 

I honestly thought we played much better after the subs, maybe I was blinded by how crap we were prior to that but following the subs we upped the tempo, and started to create chances.

Patterson and Taylor brought a fresh energy to the team and we began to make half chances. Two good penalty appeals too which would have made the result look better if given.

I'd class current form as the last 6 games, which isn't enough to stay up, 4 points from 18. That's not even considering the run we are/were actually on.

Everyones entitled to their own opinions but, logically, we are going down. (I don't think we will)

6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

It certainly tells me something. 

Many people have personal vendettas against LJ and they wanted us to lose today because they wanted him to be sacked. 

Cretins, absolute cretins. 4 points from two tough games is excellent. 

see you first of march, if you still feel the same way I give you permission to gloat all you want, I bet less than 1% of fans wanted us to lose today

Majority? A word that has no meaning on Internet forums.

It is clear why Rotherham are bottom, they were absolutely shite and we should have brought the game to a conclusion well before we did. The problem is, our confidence is absolutely shot, however, the job was done and we now wait to see if it has done some good on the confidence front.

Its good we have ended the losing streak and have 4 points in the last two games. The rest of Feb is going to be a roller coaster and I have no idea how it's going to go - anyone who says they do has been smoking something.

The OP is entitled to his point of view. Personally, I think he's talking shit and that's my point of view.

If we turn it around, you wont catch me saying: 'I told you so'. I'll just be quietly relieved that we've turned it around, something I suspect he'll have difficulty with.

Onwards and upwards.

2 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Majority? A word that has no meaning on Internet forums.

It is clear why Rotherham are bottom, they were absolutely shite and we should have brought the game to a conclusion well before we did. The problem is, our confidence is absolutely shot, however, the job was done and we now wait to see if it has done some good on the confidence front.

Its good we have ended the losing streak and have 4 points in the last two games. The rest of Feb is going to be a roller coaster and I have no idea how it's going to go - anyone who says they do has been smoking something.

The OP is entitled to his point of view. Personally, I think he's talking shit and that's my point of view.

If we turn it around, you wont catch me saying: 'I told you so'. I'll just be quietly relieved that we've turned it around, something I suspect he'll have difficulty with.

Onwards and upwards.

At this moment I like to think we can possibly go on a run just like LJ did with Barnsley after a bad run. Not likely with the fixtures but I'd just like to think we could. 

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

At this moment I like to think we can possibly go on a run just like LJ did with Barnsley after a bad run. Not likely with the fixtures but I'd just like to think we could. 

I really hope you are right, the gods of footy surely must give us a break soon! 

7 hours ago, bris red said:

Personal vendettas? Behave. The bloke has just over seen the worst losing streak in our entire history are you not suprised people want him gone still? A scrapy win over a shite Rotherham isnt going to fool me. Sorry to say it but i am still very much Johnson out, he's no good for this football club.

spot on papering over the cracks four games time too late  we will see

4 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

spot on papering over the cracks four games time too late  we will see

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I think I get what you mean

I've had a beer or two and I read this and it made perfect sense. Since seeing your comment I've re-read it and I don't have a clue anymore :blink:

47 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Even a couple of draws from the next 4 would be good. We have the 4 hardest games for the rest of the season in a row. We ain't going on no run, but if we are not in the relegation zone after these, we should be safe. 

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

We have the orchestra , but no conductor.

I try to think we will not be relegated, but Feb is a horrible fixture list.

I simply do not understand why  ( SL) has invested so much in the team and ground but has put the coaching choices on a secondary or lower level. It is screaming out to have some quality and high level experience in the coaching department. Seems like we are clinging onto being a L1 club. 

We have a decent squad, but someone needs to re create a team as the heart of the L1 winning side has been discarded, despite finishing last year well. We need someone to recreate a team, a squad, a heart, a plan. We are 11 strangers struggling with confused signals. 

MA has impressed me greatly, I now want him to give sl a proper plan in the coaching department because currently we are a confused mess.

We are so near, but so far in a fundamental area. 

It seems, unfortunately, that SL will only bring in a yes man. All speculation of course but I agree with that.

12 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I'm looking deeper, could have beat Sheff Wed and won today.

Happy days.

I admire your unshakable support for Lee, I really do, but the problem is we haven't shown much on the field to convince we can get anything in the next four matches. Mainly because he has failed to find a settled squad, all this chopping and changing is a recipe for failure,Just 17 games left and he still does not any idea of his best formation. That is my worry, we have perhaps the best talent at his disposal for years, and yet he cannot cobble to-gether a unit. Mind you when I look at the likes of Villa, Bruce has similar problems, despite our record losing streak, we have one one more than them, and look at their budget with Para payments, etc.?

I think Lee has shown his inexperience against the more canny managers, such as Warnock, in that losing run we should have at least another 6 points, that was Lee's fault, his lack of game management skills cost us. LJ has a passion for this club, and I want him to do well, but I fear he might not survive February, or he just might, and we should all accept that he might be the best we can get at the moment, I mean just who else do we go for, or want to come?    If relegation does happen, perhaps by sticking with him long term it just might pay off? If he survives, I hope Lee will prove all us doubters wrong, it certainly would have been a valuable lesson learnt with such a bad run.

8 hours ago, Charliesboots said:

You seriously want to see us play like how we did after those substitutions every week?

I usually think your posts are pretty balanced but that statement feels pretty unhinged mate.

The goal and the win completely masks performance of the game we played, even at 1-0 up we decided to play suicide balls around the back line and made absolutely no attempt to take the game on and really kill Rotherham off.

The last 20 minutes were as bad as the first 45.

Yes I seriously want to see us play like we did after the subs came on. The last 20 minutes were in no way shape or form as bad as the first 45. That is completely incorrect. A statement I believe wanting to negate anything good done by our current manager despite obvious evidence that he did brave and correct substitutions which won the Match. But hey why let reality get in the way of Johnson hating. 

30 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Yes I seriously want to see us play like we did after the subs came on. The last 20 minutes were in no way shape or form as bad as the first 45. That is completely incorrect. A statement I believe wanting to negate anything good done by our current manager despite obvious evidence that he did brave and correct substitutions which won the Match. But hey why let reality get in the way of Johnson hating. 

No Johnson hating here, but then again we all interpret things differently don't we?

22 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

I saw our first win in 10 so what the hell I celebrated! 

I also celebrate when trains run on time. I'm a born celebrator

Good for you, it's your right to do so.

I chose not to.

After that performance and despite the win, I'm firmly in the LJ out clan unfortunately. There was simply no movement, no pace and no game plan. 

The first half it seemed the lads had no idea what they were doing? Who they were looking to exploit, just out of ideas. 

I looked over LJ and he was having a argument with a fan in the Lansdown stand which looked like about the team shape. Well Lee, just what shape was that? Because I really couldn't tell! Pack and Hegeler had no idea who was doing what, the two are defensive midfielders and playing them together just did not work. I said that before the game started!

Despite all the Matty Taylor saga, this game was massive and I was really disappointed with how we set up. What's more worrying, most of the squad is LJ's own and he still doesn't know his best side???

He confirmed that on the radio last night and that just about confirmed my opinion of him as a coach.

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

What I don't like is this place should be buzzing after two good results and that bounce could and should spur us on to better things but instead were all sat here arguing

And of course, you're absolutely right, but therein lies the problem with yesterday. It was not a 'buzzing' performance. We have not gained the things from the match yesterday that we so badly needed. There was as much there yesterday to undermine the confidence as to build it. We are no closer to a settled side. We struggled against a very very poor team. The manager's credibility (in spite of SL's vote of confidence) wasn't enhanced by what happened yesterday.

All of these were things that we should have been getting back yesterday, if the turnaround was real. I know you'll talk about unrealistic expectations, but I was convinced we would win by 3 or 4 yesterday - and my expectations are through the floor as you well know!! I just thought it was the perfect game, even for Johnson, to beat up and bully a very poor team that ships goals for fun (3+ in nearly half their games this season including to Oxford and Morecambe..)

This was not a game for self doubt. Before kick off even I didn't doubt Johnson's ability to win that one, I can't conceive anyone who really thought we might slip up. Steve Lansdown has looked at the fixture list and with his vote of confidence and more signings, stage managed this perfect audition for Johnson to come out swinging, and what happens? Johnson nearly knocks himself out. Yes we won, but we barely put any lipstick on the pig yesterday. It is still a pig.

36 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

After that performance and despite the win, I'm firmly in the LJ out clan unfortunately. There was simply no movement, no pace and no game plan. 

The first half it seemed the lads had no idea what they were doing? Who they were looking to exploit, just out of ideas. 

We've all (myself included) refuted the idea players are not playing for LJ, but I did start to wonder after that first half.

Compare to the way the very same players expressed themselves and worked tirelessly against Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday, and keep in mind it was widely acknowledged that game was a free pass for Johnson as nothing was expected, but Rotherham was his "save my job" game. 

You can draw two conclusions.

The difference in performance was down to nerves due to yesterday being the must win game. OR the difference was because players had in mind yesterday might finally cost the manager his job, so mailed it in a little. I am starting to wonder, as I don't see why players would have been scared.

15 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

The bloke is toxic. Watching him argue with that fan all second half and to then turn around and try and goad him and act the big one after we scored was pathetic, amateur and embarrassing. We are all City. Dont know what was being said, but thought it spoke volumes of the type of person Lee Johnson is and it certainly aint a nice one, no wonder he gets on so well with dean holden....

I hate the way some fans are happy to shout the most vile abuse but then get all uptight and offended when they get a bit back. Grow up.

12 hours ago, cynic said:

Were you there ?

Crowd turned ?

A few (not a lot) booed at half time - it was, tbf, absolutely crap.

Then they didn't like Tammy being subbed - but that turned out to be the right call.

In the circumstances, any win will do.

And we won.

Would say the crowd did turn today.. lots of booo's and nasty comments flying around... 

Archived