IGNORED

Worst. Game. Ever.

Benjam!n Ultra

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I was happy to get to half time and it be nil nil and knew we could get them in the second half like we did.

We have taken some small baby steps in the last two games and I'm happy with that.

Undefeated in two, how great does that sound?

We have built some good foundations to progress and I'm happy with that. Are you not happy with that?

First win in 10 against a side without a win in 16, despite having spent millions, how great does that sound?

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It tells me that the points alone haven't proved enough to convince people that LJ is the right man to take us forwards. Which has nothing to do with "personal vendettas", simply an assessment of performances and a willingness to look beyond the headline result.

Oh but when we were losing but playing well people somehow didn't have this same view.

Win ugly = get out, Lose whilst playing well = get out.

I mentioned in the match day thread that a late(ish) 1-0 would be awkward.

The problem is that the question remains was the win despite of LJ's actions before and during the game or was it as a result of those actions.

From all that I've read, no one seems sure.

If we like it or not, LJ now has more time.

Tonight we should celebrate the win and by the power of Adge Cutler's Wurzelling stick did we need one.

Tomorrow is a new day. 

3 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Ahh your vendetta is very clear to see here.

Vendetta ?

What - The fact that I think LJ hasn't a clue what he's doing and I would like to,see him replaced

You are a clown and your posts represent you magnificently - congratulations - the first poster I've ever put on ignore

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I was happy to get to half time and it be nil nil and knew we could get them in the second half like we did.

We have taken some small baby steps in the last two games and I'm happy with that.

Undefeated in two, how great does that sound?

We have built some good foundations to progress and I'm happy with that. Are you not happy with that?

No. And what is more with the transfer window closed we can't buy a few more players before each game to make us look better before LJ waves his shitty stick at them on the training ground and they revert to the same underperforming mess that categorises the rest of the squad. We have no consistency, no identity and good players are doing convincing impressions of bad players who have never played together before. 

Are you happy with that?

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Oh but when we were losing but playing well people somehow didn't have this same view.

Win ugly = get out, Lose whilst playing well = get out.

The amount of defeats on the run that we were unlucky to lose. Blimey, maybe I should have been feeling sorry for the fans of the teams that were beating us! Poor things.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

You do realise a year ago most of these players didn't even know each other right?

Mate, I realise you're mounting a pretty aggressive defence here, (and fair play for standing up for your point of view) but try not to undermine yourself - the majority of our promotion team we're pretty much assembled the summer before we stormed League One, and there are a number of teams kicking on with new players.

Plus, it sounds like our box fresh subs and new players were our best performers today; you can't laud the win, then use that excuse.

A good team doesn't need years to knit together; good players organised well don't need ages to get results.

Happy we won today, but was the bare minimum required; we'll see how things pan out across a run of much harder games, which the next few are.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Vendetta ?

What - The fact that I think LJ hasn't a clue what he's doing and I would like to,see him replaced

You are a clown and your posts represent you magnificently - congratulations - the first poster I've ever put on ignore

Clown? Thanks for the personal insult.

Luckily for you I would never stoop to that level. Attack the post not the poster and all that.

What I have found sad is over this transfer window and the last two games LJ has shown he does have a clue, yet you choose to ignore that. 

I think it's you that doesn't have a clue, not LJ.

5 minutes ago, samo II said:

Mate, I realise you're mounting a pretty aggressive defence here, (and fair play for standing up for your point of view) but try not to undermine yourself - the majority of our promotion team we're pretty much assembled the summer before we stormed League One, and there are a number of teams kicking on with new players.

Plus, it sounds like our box fresh subs and new players were our best performers today; you can't laud the win, then use that excuse.

A good team doesn't need years to knit together; good players organised well don't need ages to get results.

Happy we won today, but was the bare minimum required; we'll see how things pan out across a run of much harder games, which the next few are.

Oh yes it certainly is aggressive because I'm pretty annoyed people are throwing their toys out of the pram because we have won a game.

14 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Didn't just about win, we bloody won. If Man Utd beat Liverpool one nil in a similar scrappy game it's not a just about won then is it? People cream over it.

How long have you been a Bristol City fan? If it's anything like as long as me you will know Bristol City always struggle against the smaller teams and raise their games against the bigger teams.

What I know is its better going into these 4 games on the back of two games undefeated. 

Grow up you, it's ******* forum and people have opinions and the vast majority do not agree with you, so getting gobby and aggressive won't help your cause, possibly a lesson LJ might have learned after todays game by all accounts.

47 minutes ago, bris red said:

Personal vendettas? Behave. The bloke has just over seen the worst losing streak in our entire history are you not suprised people want him gone still? A scrapy win over a shite Rotherham isnt going to fool me. Sorry to say it but i am still very much Johnson out, he's no good for this football club.

Spot on. 

Just now, Up The City! said:

Oh yes it certainly is aggressive because I'm pretty annoyed people are throwing their toys out of the pram because we have won a game.

Fair enough; wasn't talking about that, but carry on.

Just think hypocrisy is bullshit, so was pointing out lionising the impact of new players while excusing shortcomings in the performance because the players looked off.  That's all.

Anyone with a lick of sense would say the jury is still out on if this represents a corner turned or not. Rotherham are garbage; we had to beat them.  We've done it, so we go again next time.  That's pretty much my position.

59 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Can't exactly expect them to be playing free-flowing football after our previous run. Good clean sheet, very good result.

Today's win and performance reminded me just how flat I felt after watching a 1-0 win when Senior Johnson was in charge....... :facepalm:

Dull, pedestrian and uninspiring.

5 minutes ago, samo II said:

Fair enough; wasn't talking about that, but carry on.

Just think hypocrisy is bullshit, so was pointing out lionising the impact of new players while excusing shortcomings in the performance because the players looked off.  That's all.

Anyone with a lick of sense would say the jury is still out on if this represents a corner turned or not. Rotherham are garbage; we had to beat them.  We've done it, so we go again next time.  That's pretty much my position.

Strangely enough my position is the same. Im not in either camp really.

I'm just taking it for what it is. Today I left the ground for the first time in ages feeling happy. When that final whistle went it felt like we had won a cup final.

What I'm against us people wanting us to win or lose to score points. That is disgraceful imo and I will fight tooth and nail to defend that bwcause first and foremost I am a Bristol City fan and I want us to win each and every game we play however we go about it.

Archived