IGNORED

Worst. Game. Ever.

Benjam!n Ultra

Just now, Up The City! said:

What did you expect? 12 points from 6 available? 

Don't really know where to start. 

Expected to not have to scrape a 1-0 against a horrendous team. 

Expected to not have to worry about Rotherham, Blackburn and Burton after spending millions upon millions in 6 months. 

Expected to not have to time waste from the 75th minute at 1-0 at home to a team that hasn't scored in 3

Expected to not have to see a panic treble substitution in the 62nd minute to play long ball. 

I could go on

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Can't see what? What I can see is we matched and could have beat a top 6 side and then beat a side who was desperate to beat us.

This was a 6 pointer,  it was never gonna be a 3 nil game. These sort of games are always tight.

How many times do you see a top premiership game and it ends 1 nil? All the bloody time.

Couldn't agree more. In our hearts we all thought we would smash Rotherham today. However they are a recently improved side. 

The pressure on the players for this game was massive despite the fact Rotherham have been ****. You can't forget that. 

Clean sheet and win at home in a "must win" game (which we did win btw) and fans still want him out. 

Forget the recent run of games, everyone would have taken and expected 4 points from the last 2 games.

I couldn't agree more that those calling for LJs yeah have a vendetta because there's no other reason for hate today. One of our new strikers got his first goal today. That's a positive, end of.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Some do have some form of vendetta, that doesn't mean everyone who wants him out does.

That is why everything that is done (or not done) is criticised.

Today the subs he made were the rational ones to make. People at the game have said Tammy and Tomlin were poor. Their role on the pitch is to create and score goals, if they weren't doing that then subbing them is the right decision and shouldn't be derided.

Think you are missing the point James

He hasn't a clue , we are a shambles and unless we improve dramatically are heading for L1

And if this set of players believe in him then I'm the Pope

The people who have the biggest agendas are the ones who,laughingly try and defend the indefensible at times

3 minutes ago, Isawjonshaw said:

As shit as we are currently, Saturday is a much more enjoyable affair when The City have won.  I understand peoples frustration, but after our run any win is welcome.

The issue is not only did the sides around us win but for an hour, we were utterly abject and the formation was the epitome of a coach out of his depth.

While a win is a win, it's a hollow one.

And I'm gunna be blunt, one game where the subs pay off doesn't cover the tactical naivety and outright lack of knowledge LJ has display d across the season. And that's not even touching on the rumours of poor man management.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Expected to not have to worry about Rotherham, Blackburn and Burton after spending millions upon millions in 6 months. 

Expected to not have to time waste from the 75th minute at 1-0 at home to a team that hasn't scored in 3

Expected to not have to see a panic treble substitution in the 62nd minute to play long ball. 

I could go on

Spot on

Just now, joeyb said:

Couldn't agree more. In our hearts we all thought we would smash Rotherham today. However they are a recently improved side. 

The pressure on the players for this game was massive despite the fact Rotherham have been ****. You can't forget that. 

Clean sheet and win at home in a "must win" game (which we did win btw) and fans still want him out. 

Forget the recent run of games, everyone would have taken and expected 4 points from the last 2 games.

I couldn't agree more that those calling for LJs yeah have a vendetta because there's no other reason for hate today. One of our new strikers got his first goal today. That's a positive, end of.

I think very few people thought we'd smash Rotherham, we had no evidence to suggest we would!

A win though in that manner should not be what saves LJ though, it's still time to go.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He hasn't a clue , we are a shambles and unless we improve dramatically are heading for L1

The people who have the biggest agendas are the ones who,laughingly try and defend the indefensible at times

I'm not missing the point- at least not the one that was raised re agendas.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

The issue is not only did the sides around us win but for an hour, we were utterly abject and the formation was the epitome of a coach out of his depth.

And I'm gunna be blunt, one game where the subs pay off doesn't cover the tactical naivety and outright lack of knowledge LJ has display d across the season. And that's not even touching on the rumours of poor man management.

don't get me wrong, I agree LJ imho is not upto the job.  But a win is there to be enjoyed, just as well with Burton etc getting results....at least Cardiff lost...

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I could go on

I think your forgetting that recently we have also been a horrendous team.

4 minutes ago, Fuber said:

The bloke is toxic. Watching him argue with that fan all second half and to then turn around and try and goad him and act the big one after we scored was pathetic, amateur and embarrassing. We are all City. Dont know what was being said, but thought it spoke volumes of the type of person Lee Johnson is and it certainly aint a nice one, no wonder he gets on so well with dean holden....

So after a long run of nights out and zero lady action, on Tuesday we got a snog and a grope with an ugly bird. Maybe not something to boast about but great to be getting some action again at last.

Today we get her fatter friend home and get all the way to home base complete with a bit of dirty shannanigans and some filthy talk.

Let's just enjoy it for what it is. Take look in the mirror. We aint no oil painting. Getting a leg over on Beyonce can come later. 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Huh? You do realise we won yea?

Just now, Mr Hankey said:

The bloke is toxic. Watching him argue with that fan all second half and to then turn around and try and goad him and act the big one after we scored was pathetic, amateur and embarrassing. We are all City. Dont know what was being said, but thought it spoke volumes of the type of person Lee Johnson is and it certainly aint a nice one, no wonder he gets on so well with dean holden....

But you don't know what they were arguing about.  Could be a very valid reason why he was arguing.

26 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Can't remember when a win has been so negatively received by City faithful.

Must tell The Board something

Yes. That we have a very fickle section of fans. Confidence is low and we managed to pick up a win. 

Well done and on to the next game.

1 minute ago, Mad Cyril said:

So after a long run of nights out and zero lady action, on Tuesday we got a snog and a grope with an ugly bird. Maybe not something to boast about but great to be getting some action again at last.

Today we get her fatter friend home and get all the way to home base complete with a bit of dirty shannanigans and some filthy talk.

Let's just enjoy it for what it is. Take look in the mirror. We aint no oil painting. Getting a leg over on Beyonce can come later. 

Isn't she expecting?

4 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Saw this. He's an absolute ***** (LJ)

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

You do realise we look a shambles do you ?

Did you think we were good today ?

I was happy to get to half time and it be nil nil and knew we could get them in the second half like we did.

We have taken some small baby steps in the last two games and I'm happy with that.

Undefeated in two, how great does that sound?

We have built some good foundations to progress and I'm happy with that. Are you not happy with that?

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

I was happy to get to half time and it be nil nil and knew we could get them in the second half like we did.

We have taken some small baby steps in the last two games and I'm happy with that.

Undefeated in two, how great does that sound?

We have built some good foundations to progress and I'm happy with that. Are you not happy with that?

No

We are missing the major component needed to progress

A coach who has a clue

31 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

It certainly tells me something. 

Many people have personal vendettas against LJ and they wanted us to lose today because they wanted him to be sacked. 

Cretins, absolute cretins. 4 points from two tough games is excellent. 

It tells me that the points alone haven't proved enough to convince people that LJ is the right man to take us forwards. Which has nothing to do with "personal vendettas", simply an assessment of performances and a willingness to look beyond the headline result.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Yep just about won, what is your thoughts about the next 4 games? especially if we play like today against a side rock bottom of the league?, into the bottom 3?.

Didn't just about win, we bloody won. If Man Utd beat Liverpool one nil in a similar scrappy game it's not a just about won then is it? People cream over it.

How long have you been a Bristol City fan? If it's anything like as long as me you will know Bristol City always struggle against the smaller teams and raise their games against the bigger teams.

What I know is its better going into these 4 games on the back of two games undefeated. 

45 minutes ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Happy with the three points but please call it a day LJ. Awful.

Fans turning on him for the first time at the match, the majority are speaking.

Third win in 18. A pittiful performance against a side who were never here to win. 

Not a good display but a good result. 4 points from 6.

I'm happy with that.

And I've seen far, far worse.

Archived