IGNORED

Worst. Game. Ever.

Benjam!n Ultra

8 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Haven't seen a worse game of football for years, and if that's the best we can hope for, it is quite depressing.

The only highlight for me was the Rotherham lad that came on for the one that went off injured. That boy can play and he was as determined as ****.

Mcinnes year or so? O'Driscoll winless streak? The beginning (and the end) of the Millen era? We've had some right shocking managers, shocking displays. I honestly believe that scrap, scrap scrap for now- if by some miracle we get safe by say mid April, 3-4 games maybe more to go then start experimenting but we just have to tough it out- with or without Lee Johnson.

25 minutes ago, 054123 said:

What abuse.

He's performing terribly in his job. God knows if he should go or not. If we lose the next 4 what then? On the evidence of the last 2 months and today, where on earth does this mythical 4 points come from?

Are you suggesting there's no abuse towards him? really?

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Mcinnes year or so? O'Driscoll winless streak? The beginning (and the end) of the Millen era? We've had some right shocking managers, shocking displays. I honestly believe that scrap, scrap scrap for now- if by some miracle we get safe by say mid April, 3-4 games maybe more to go then start experimenting but we just have to tough it out- with or without Lee Johnson.

You've picked the very lowest point in my personal commitment to the club right there...seemed to me that the towel had been thrown in and that there was an expectation that people would turn up and watch any old uninspiring tosh. Lots did, but anyone with other pressures on their time or other commitments has a choice to make. I happen to think that we currently have the players to put on a decent show...but they lack the organisation, inspiration or whatever to do that right now, and my guess is that responsibility lies with the manager. 

5 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Two tough games, check your eyesight mate, Rotherham are ******* awful, we are down with LJ in charge, it was abysmal out there. 

Rotherham were terrible and there for the taking.

1st Half we were lethargic and off the pace and seemed genuinely disinterested out there on the pitch.

Just that we swallow the PR from the Club all the time that everything's on the Up as not seen a game that bad since I started watching City in 1985.

Poor squad selection, Starting XI at Home, Need I go on... etc. etc.

As every week passes we look more out of our depth coaching wise and that's not just LJ but the lot of them.

59 minutes ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

I'm not sure this is the case to be honest. I have absolutely nothing against LJ (which I think is the general opinion of the majority). However, like most, I still don't have faith in him due to seeing no progress, still. 

I think it's short sighted to not be annoyed. 3 points are great, obviously, but there has been no faith given after today's game. I felt happier than a loss but I'm still very far from happy (which shows how bad we are doing).

He has still done nothing for me to believe he can take us forward, or even keep us up. So I don't think anyone is in the wrong for still being unhappy as our form is horrible & one game can't change that.

No progress? Huh? I'm sure we have just gone two games undefeated on the back of a terrible run, small progress but it is progress.

58 minutes ago, NickJ said:

You would probably do that having most of the stadium to yourself.

So Arsenal used to play in an empty stadium did they?

35 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Haven't seen a worse game of football for years, and if that's the best we can hope for, it is quite depressing.

The only highlight for me was the Rotherham lad that came on for the one that went off injured. That boy can play and he was as determined as ****.

38 minutes ago, NickJ said:

If today's game was the worst game ever what about the 7 we let in against Swansea? 

1 hour ago, cynic said:

What made us laugh was the chant of "you don't know what you're doing" when Saint Tammy was subbed (after missing a simple chance in the first half and having the ball bump off of him all the time he was on the pitch) only for Djuric to net the winner after coming on and unsettling their defence with Taylor.

Good substitutions - 3 at once which completely changed the game in our favour.

The crowd don't have a clue.

Well called, Cynic. Ashton Gate can be a bit of an embarrassment sometimes. We stuck behind them Tuesday because it was a so-called tough game.  today it's only Rotherham ffs    all games are tough in different ways but it's like banging your head against a wall with some people

5 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

Happy with the three points but please call it a day LJ. Awful.

Fans turning on him for the first time at the match, the majority are speaking.

Third win in 18. A pittiful performance against a side who were never here to win. 

Worst game ever? ******* hell Ben give it a rest. I presume you are to young to have been around in the 80's? I think we are spoilt nowadays?? Get a grip and get over the vendetta against LJ, it is boring now. Who do you suggest we would bring in? Just be careful what you wish for...

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

It certainly tells me something. 

Many people have personal vendettas against LJ and they wanted us to lose today because they wanted him to be sacked. 

Cretins, absolute cretins. 4 points from two tough games is excellent. 

Absolute bollocks. Many of us just happen to think he's an awful manager, we don't actually want him to fail. 

5 hours ago, petehinton said:

Don't really know where to start. 

Expected to not have to scrape a 1-0 against a horrendous team. 

Expected to not have to worry about Rotherham, Blackburn and Burton after spending millions upon millions in 6 months. 

Expected to not have to time waste from the 75th minute at 1-0 at home to a team that hasn't scored in 3

Expected to not have to see a panic treble substitution in the 62nd minute to play long ball. 

I could go on

Icing on a cake made of shite.

14 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Panic on the streets of ashton

Panic on the streets of bedminster

Hang the lj hang the lj hang the lj

13 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I think we could do many bcfc/smiths analogies!!!

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Busy trolling through the old Smiths back catalogue to find another, but i think this is pretty unbeatable

Forget the girlfriend the game put me in a coma

16 minutes ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

Not considerable enough progress considering the circumstances*

What did you expect? Us to go on a record breaking winning run to balance it out?

9 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Absolute bollocks. Many of us just happen to think he's an awful manager, we don't actually want him to fail. 

It's very clear people have chosen what side they are on and refuse to budge from that position.

Some are even willing us to lose so that in their minds we can sack LJ and move onto better things.

No doubt in my mind that these people don't care about us and I thinj they are willing to take a short term hit for a long term gain but imo that is a risky strategy that offers no guarantees so personally I'm happy to take a win in whatever shape or form it comes.

6 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

What did you expect? Us to go on a record breaking winning run to balance it out?

It's very clear people have chosen what side they are on and refuse to budge from that position.

Some are even willing us to lose so that in their minds we can sack LJ and move onto better things.

No doubt in my mind that these people don't care about us and I thinj they are willing to take a short term hit for a long term gain but imo that is a risky strategy that offers no guarantees so personally I'm happy to take a win in whatever shape or form it comes.

So you think it is just stubbornness that means people "refuse to budge" from their position on LJ?

Or do you think it might be that one unconvincing win against a side who hadn't won in 16 might not be enough to suddenly convince people of his credentials after 13 defeats in 17?

I know which one I think it is.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That maybe the case and I agree a win is a win in principle 

Reflecting on today the players won that in spite of LJ, they did that from the reaction of sections of the crowd after the triple substitutions. 

I want to win every game of course, but what I cannot accept is the disjointed nature of the performances; that's purely down to the Manager. 

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

So you think it is just stubbornness that means people "refuse to budge" from their position on LJ?

Or do you think it might be that one unconvincing win against a side who hadn't won in 16 might not be enough to suddenly convince people of his credentials  after 13 defeats in 17?

No I think they have made their decision about LJ because they don't believe he is good enough and I respect their position. 

I genuinely do believe they want us to lose so we can sack him and get a new bloke in who can deliver. They care about Bristol City as much as I do but we just have a difference if opinions on the future of the club.

Nothing wrong with that really, debate is healthy. But what I don't like is this place should be buzzing after two good results and that bounce could and should spur us on to better things but instead were all sat here arguing like we've extended our losing streak.

5 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

That maybe the case and I agree a win is a win in principle 

Reflecting on today the players won that in spite of LJ, they did that from the reaction of sections of the crowd after the triple substitutions. 

I want to win every game of course, but what I cannot accept is the disjointed nature of the performances; that's purely down to the Manager. 

The subs provided a great lift, we were in a different team following their introduction. They added some energy into the play and we went hunting for the win.

It was brave for LJ to make those changes. Get an injury and we're stuffed but I applaud the bravery. Luck? Or a tactical genius? 

How we played when the subs came on is how I want to see us play every game and I'm sure LJ is scratching his head just as much as we are as to why our players choose to play so God damn pedestrian and safe 

13 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I expected, throughout the past couple months, progress that shows that we won't get relegated. On current form we will, simple as that really. 

I'd take a loss for Johnson to go. Not because I dislike him (again, I don't) but because in the long run it'd be (probably, obviously football is ifs and buts) a better move for us.

I believe another manager would bring a, relatively, sudden upturn in form, especially considering our players, they're not anywhere near 'bad'.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

The subs provided a great lift, we were in a different team following their introduction. They added some energy into the play and we went hunting for the win.

It was brave for LJ to make those changes. Get an injury and we're stuffed but I applaud the bravery. Luck? Or a tactical genius? 

How we played when the subs came on is how I want to see us play every game and I'm sure LJ is scratching his head just as much as we are as to why our players choose to play so God damn pedestrian and safe 

You seriously want to see us play like how we did after those substitutions every week?

I usually think your posts are pretty balanced but that statement feels pretty unhinged mate.

The goal and the win completely masks performance of the game we played, even at 1-0 up we decided to play suicide balls around the back line and made absolutely no attempt to take the game on and really kill Rotherham off.

The last 20 minutes were as bad as the first 45.

7 minutes ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

I expected, throughout the past couple months, progress that shows that we won't get relegated. On current form we will, simple as that really. 

I'd take a loss for Johnson to go. Not because I dislike him (again, I don't) but because in the long run it'd be (probably, obviously football is ifs and buts) a better move for us.

I believe another manager would bring a, relatively, sudden upturn in form, especially considering our players, they're not anywhere near 'bad'.

Current form? Two games undefeated? I'll take that form til the end of the season.

I fully understand this view, it may work but also it may not work and right now especially on the back of two positive results I'm prepared to sit tight and see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

You seriously want to see us play like how we did after those substitutions every week?

I usually think your posts are pretty balanced but that statement feels pretty unhinged mate.

The goal and the win completely masks performance of the game we played, even at 1-0 up we decided to play suicide balls around the back line and made absolutely no attempt to take the game on and really kill Rotherham off.

The last 20 minutes were as bad as the first 45.

I honestly thought we played much better after the subs, maybe I was blinded by how crap we were prior to that but following the subs we upped the tempo, and started to create chances.

Patterson and Taylor brought a fresh energy to the team and we began to make half chances. Two good penalty appeals too which would have made the result look better if given.

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Current form? Two games undefeated? I'll take that form til the end of the season.

I fully understand this view, it may work but also it may not work and right now especially on the back of two positive results I'm prepared to sit tight and see what happens. 

I honestly thought we played much better after the subs, maybe I was blinded by how crap we were prior to that but following the subs we upped the tempo, and started to create chances.

Patterson and Taylor brought a fresh energy to the team and we began to make half chances. Two good penalty appeals too which would have made the result look better if given.

They definitely upped the tempo but I reiterate that I believe that was down to the players taking the game on in spite of LJ.

Once we scored you could see the influence of LJ return and the return of the 'Crab Men' playing it in their minds 'safe' when they should have gone with their instincts and killed the game off. 

8 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

They definitely upped the tempo but I reiterate that I believe that was down to the players taking the game on in spite of LJ.

Once we scored you could see the influence of LJ return and the return of the 'Crab Men' playing it in their minds 'safe' when they should have gone with their instincts and killed the game off. 

I agree with you. I would have liked us to have pushed for another but considering all the late goals we have conceded I think it was fair to shut up shop and time waste.

Archived