IGNORED

Worst. Game. Ever.

Benjam!n Ultra

A couple of weeks ago when I was stating that we had played well in some of the matches we had lost and had crucial decisions go wrongly against us and we had only lost each match by one goal, I was laughed at and told that a defeat was a defeat regardless of whether it is by a goal or an avalanche of goals...By the same people who are now on here telling us that a one nil win isn't good enough. To use your own argument against you, a win is a win whether it is by one goal or an avalanche of goals. It is still three points!

You said it!

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Today's win and performance reminded me just how flat I felt after watching a 1-0 win when Senior Johnson was in charge....... :facepalm:

Dull, pedestrian and uninspiring.

And as I said in the post you've quoted, what did you expect after the run of form we've been on? Confidence is pivotal in football. We've just got 4 points from 6 but people seem determined to continue to focus on the negative.

Just now, Up The City! said:

Strangely enough my position is the same. Im not in either camp really.

I'm just taking it for what it is. Today I left the ground for the first time in ages feeling happy. When that final whistle went it felt like we had won a cup final.

What I'm against us people wanting us to win or lose to score points. That is disgraceful imo and I will fight tooth and nail to defend that bwcause first and foremost I am a Bristol City fan and I want us to win each and every game we play however we go about it.

No arguments here; needed a win, got a win, I'm happy tonight.

Doesn't stop me looking to the future and getting worried , though.  And I as happy as I am tonight, I am very worried.

We'll see if this translates into a better run of form, because we need it to.

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

And as I said in the post you've quoted, what did you expect after the run of form we've been on? Confidence is pivotal in football. We've just got 4 points from 6 but people seem determined to continue to focus on the negative.

No people look at the pile of rotting veg and wonder why people think it's going to turn itself into a mouthwatering dish in the very near future

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

A couple of weeks ago when I was stating that we had played well in some of the matches we had lost and had crucial decisions go wrongly against us and we had only lost each match by one goal, I was laughed at and told that a defeat was a defeat regardless of whether it is by a goal or an avalanche of goals...By the same people who are now on here telling us that a one nil win isn't good enough. To use your own argument against you, a win is a win whether it is by one goal or an avalanche of goals. It is still three points!

You said it!

I wish I could like this more than once.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Bit like huddrsfield leeds and reading then.

You are dilusional and completely out of your depth when debating on here. Im sorry but im just being honest.

Oh come off of it. You can't compare one team to another, far to many variables and differences.

I'm delusional because I'm happy we have won today, because we are undefeated in two games?

I somewhat don't think I'm the delusional one here.

3 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

You said it!

Today's first half performance was probably the must disjointed, pathetic effort I have ever seen... second half wasn't much better... Lee Johnson is so far out of his depth it's scary... the man is becoming delusional... We will go down with him in charge that I'm 100% sure of, how you can't see this makes you equally delusional IMHO..

4 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Came on here expecting some of the doom and gloom to have disappeared. Dear me it's worse. 

It was woeful but LJ should get a bit of credit for getting the win and Rotherham should get credit for being well organised and gritty. It had to be 4-0 or better for some I think. Was poor but two teams deathly afraid of losing with us just getting the edge because we played at home with 18,000 ready to go mental at anything other than a win. Hopefully it's the boost we need to push away from the bottom. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

It certainly tells me something. 

Many people have personal vendettas against LJ and they wanted us to lose today because they wanted him to be sacked. 

Cretins, absolute cretins. 4 points from two tough games is excellent. 

Hang on.....Rotherham a tough game? What planet are you on?

10 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

After Tuesday's decent enough draw yeah, I was expecting a more entertaining game than what we saw this afternoon.

As the op said today was one of the worst performances I've seen from City in ages.

But......a win is a win.....

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , no vendetta 

Just want us to get rid of a coach who hasn't a clue IMO

Hes not goingg to suddenly morph into Conte

What I find sad is some of the pitiful attempts to defend him and on what basis

These clueless supporters of LJ have a vendetta against our club IMO... none of them go to games that is blatantly clear by their comments!!

8 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Today's first half performance was probably the must disjointed, pathetic effort I have ever seen... second half wasn't much better... Lee Johnson is so far out of his depth it's scary... the man is becoming delusional... We will go down with him in charge that I'm 100% sure of, how you can't see this makes you equally delusional IMHO..

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , no vendetta 

Just want us to get rid of a coach who hasn't a clue IMO

Hes not goingg to suddenly morph into Conte

What I find sad is some of the pitiful attempts to defend him and on what basis

LJ made a bold move in bringing on three subs with a fair bit of the game to go, replacing two crowd favourites who had had poor games. Those three subs then changed the course of the game and brought us three points. For this LJ is called delusional and accused of not having a clue! I know who I would label these things!

Jeez, one of you has put a City supporter who is upbeat on ignore, I would seriously suggest it should've been the other way around. You are doom and gloom merchants. We won ffs!!!

2 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

LJ made a bold move in bringing on three subs with a fair bit of the game to go, replacing two crowd favourites who had had poor games. Those three subs then changed the course of the game and brought us three points. For this LJ is called delusional and accused of not having a clue! I know who I would label these things!

Jeez, one of you has put a City supporter who is upbeat on ignore, I would seriously suggest it should've been the other way around. You are doom and gloom merchants. We won ffs!!!

We won yet I feel like we lost... the crowd leaving the ground was downbeat, listening to LJ on the radio makes me feel downbeat, the chopping and changing from our manager drives me crazy... 

A positive from today for me was Matt Taylor... impressed!

6 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

It wasnt bold.....it was utterly DESPERATE.

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

There was one positive tweet about LJ on Radio Bristol on the way home earlier and that was from a 5 year old... 

That tells us every thing we need to know!!

Was he gas?

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

That kids lead a beautifully uncynical life?

If he is City that won't last long, hope he enjoys it while he can

It certainly tells me something. 

Many people have personal vendettas against LJ and they wanted us to lose today because they wanted him to be sacked. 

Cretins, absolute cretins. 4 points from two tough games is excellent. 

Give it a rest Lee.

You know what I've just read your post, and listening to people on Radio Bristol and you can all go and do one!!!!

After however many games without a win I don't give a **** how we got a win, what mattered was we got a win!!! And I'm bloody delighted. 

What delighted about that dull performance. Wow?

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

But you don't know what they were arguing about.  Could be a very valid reason why he was arguing.

We do know as the guy rang RB - there was a lull in the game and crowd noise so he took the chance from 4-5 seats back fromt LJ to shout  "Change it up Johnson, go 4-4-2"  LJ looked around and shouted back "We are playing 4-4-2" and the crowd around him went mental.... and I ask you - anyone who was there today in that first 60 minutes were we playing 4-4-2 ?   If so, that meant Tomlin was playing up front alongside Tammy, so in a 4-4-2 we had one of our strikers  dropping back to collect the ball of our CB's....

Archived