IGNORED

wayne rooney drink drive

pillred

20 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He will get off with only a fine because an expensive lawyer will argue that his fans will suffer if he loses his licence and he does stuff for charity. 12 month ban for everyone else tho.

Yeh a fine,and pay it off straight away,NO PUNISHMENT, ban from driving for 18 months, and 6 points, 

22 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Yeh a fine,and pay it off straight away,NO PUNISHMENT, ban from driving for 18 months, and 6 points, 

The guidelines for being 3 times over the limit (if true in his case) are a ban of between 23 to 28 months, a large fine and the possibility of prison.

But as with most crimes the UK judiciary have become weak with their sentencing policy, so I suspect a highly paid lawyered up Rooney will not get anything like that. However his timing could not have been worse, given what happened on the M1 last week.

It was always my understanding that the bans, fines and possible prison for moron's who drive whilst over 3 times over the limit were meant to be a deterrent to stop people wiping out let's say 8 innocent people ala last week on the M1.

20 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Three times over the limit - six pints.

My limited sympathey for him has just evaporated; I had assumed he was just marginally over.

"visibly drunk"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4369140/wayne-rooney-arrested-charged-drink-driving-alderley-edge-singing-oasis/

believe me eddie 3 times over the limit is a LOT more than 6 pints, it doesn't follow that 2 pints is the limit so he must have had 6.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Ah. Go on, I'm about to genuinely learn something here.  How does the testing work then?  Roughly, I don't need equations. 

not sure but watched a programme called police 10 7 set in nz, and a bloke blew 1100 which is aprox 3 times there limit, he was amazed it was only 3 times as he admitted to having drunk at least 10 pints.

8 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Ah. Go on, I'm about to genuinely learn something here.  How does the testing work then?  Roughly, I don't need equations. 

The machine is breath alcohol content and blood test will determine blood alcohol content.

Metabolism wise we are all different to some 6 pints over a long night with a large meal might possibly mean they are ok, to others they will be well over, of course if he had been on the lash for several days celebrating Coleen being out of his hair, he may never have been sober just topping himself up on a daily basis.

Basically there is no safe limit.

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

To be 3 times over the limit you'd have to drink a min of 7-8 pints (or equivalent alcoholic hop)  an hour and driven shortly after

You get rid of some of the alcohol per hour dependent on various factors , build , whether eaten etc etc IIIRC but if he was out for 12-14 hrs and eaten during that time as it appears I'd estimate he'd be  in double figures pints wise at least , though I'd guess a few pints and shorts on top are a more likely scenario

In addition to Coleen wrath, I don't suppose Mr Happy Koeman will be impressed with his refuelling !

4 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I once got pulled after 5 pints of Bass one evening and failed a breath test.  Thought I was well over and waited for the blood test result which was surprisingly only just over half the limit.  Was a wakeup call though.

If you consumed 5 pints over a number of hours and eaten , it's possible

On the other hand if you'd sunk them quickly your level may have only just started to rise as the alcohol takes a little while to get in system

your level will be rising or falling and when you get tested and the blood test is taken at some point later is very relevant (Remember the roadside test is only a guide and not scientifically accurate)

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think the average person metabolises about one unit per hour so if he had been on the lash for 6 hours, 6 units would have gone from his system.  If he was still 3 times the limit, he must have been pretty pissed.

Not the case i'm afraid, it may be true of the first couple of units especially with food and maybe a walk, you process more in the first couple of hours but as you drink more your body absorbs more alcohol and processes it much much slower.

In fact it is usual that the 2nd test is higher than the first because it is being absorbed slower.

18 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Based on him being 3 times the limit he's looking at between 23 and 28 months ban, and a big fine. After all, it'll be based on his income. Yaya Toure got a £54k fine and Firminio £20k although I'm not sure how over the limit they were.

Though any fine is water off a duck's back, it's the embarrassment factor, especially the "mystery brunette" bit.

It was a mystery that the woman was a brunette , most of his knock offs would be grey haired or blue rinsed , allegedly.

Archived