IGNORED

Police "Kettling" at London Bridge

Nongazeuse

40 minutes ago, SonOfDjuric said:

@JulieH no reply? 

Trying to find another excuse I think. We all know that many fans were told they couldn’t leave a certain area so heaven only knows why our resident copper would suggest otherwise. 

Your earlier account also seems to suggest the old bill were on the lookout for those involved in the earlier trouble. Yet our resident plod earlier said that they weren’t at all influenced by that. 

I still maintain that they were being excessive as they’d been hoodwinked earlier. There was a good 10 minutes of fighting between rival fans, only round the corner from the ground, at a known Millwall pub and the old bill were nowhere to be seen. That must have seriously peed them off that their intelligence had been breached. 

On 11/04/2018 at 12:40, SonOfDjuric said:

@JulieH no reply? 

Sorry for late reply I have been on leave and was back to work yesterday at rovers game

not sure what else you wish me to say as clearly your source as to what happened is different from the police account from both metpol and our own police service, and other members of the public that were involved. 

I was at LB myself and saw the hordes of police stopping City fans but just simply walked around them all with no problem, not sure i’d Describe it as “ kettling” but they were certainly holding City fans back, not sure why there was such an overload of police considering most fans just wanted to just get on their way

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

Sorry for late reply I have been on leave and was back to work yesterday at rovers game

not sure what else you wish me to say as clearly your source as to what happened is different from the police account from both metpol and our own police service, and other members of the public that were involved. 

Well well well....there's a surprise. Police info different to Joe Publics'....never....????

On 15/04/2018 at 11:58, JulieH said:

Hi Julie,

Sorry for the late reply, I too was on leave, back to work today tho, just not at the rovers game as I feel I have more of a life.

My source is my own eyes - I even had brand new contact lenses in at Milwall, so I trust my source 100% - so I feel your sources may have fudged their reports just a tad, as everything posted by yourself on this thread is utter police dog sh*te

39 minutes ago, SonOfDjuric said:

Hi Julie,

Sorry for the late reply, I too was on leave, back to work today tho, just not at the rovers game as I feel I have more of a life.

My source is my own eyes - I even had brand new contact lenses in at Milwall, so I trust my source 100% - so I feel your sources may have fudged their reports just a tad, as everything posted by yourself on this thread is utter police dog sh*te

Thank you very much

My sources also are 100% so I think we will agree to disagree.

Not sure everything I post is as bad as you describe but if that is your view then you are entitled to it. 

2 hours ago, JulieH said:

Thank you very much

Not sure everything I post is as bad as you describe but if that is your view then you are entitled to it. 

Yeh, but your “sources” are untrustworthy, corrupt and full of dog sh#te as mentioned earlier by Sonofduric.

No one believes your lot nowadays.

I was on the first train back, one lad tried to leave and go elsewhere but 3 officers restrained him and forcibly moved him down the escalators into the train station. 

What Julie is saying/repeating is a lie. Letting the odd person through doesn’t mean they weren’t kettling the majority. They were. 

3 hours ago, JulieH said:

Thank you very much

Think Julie is getting a bit stressed @BigTone

4 hours ago, JulieH said:

Thank you very much

I think you have been spending too much time down the rovers.... you are sounding like... talking like.... and telling the 'truth' just like them....! 

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wasn't there myself, but would it not be an idea for those who feel wronged to make an official complaint.

Guess they are investigated independently.

Look how the complaint made against the officer who hit the Millwall fan on his head for no reason went mate.

No point in complaining to these lot, nothing gets done. 

On 10/04/2018 at 14:12, SonOfDjuric said:

Sorry @JulieH but that’s absolute b*llcks and you know it.

There was a group of fans that got a train from south Bermondsey to London Bridge 5 minutes prior to the final whistle. These fans had no choice but be forced onto the railway station after all other exits were blocked by police. This group was then met by about 30 officers in a crescent formation at London Bridge, not allowing anyone from the south Bermondsey train to leave the station until they were ready. The group was then marched out of the doors and were met by easily another 100 officers plus a good 15 police dogs. This group was then kettled directly into the underground and anyone that asked to leave were threatened with arrest. An officer was even queried why and he replied, “we must contain you all as there was an incident pre match and we need to identify suspects.”

Then, after marching fans through the barriers in the underground station the high vis brigade marched back up ready for the second train, that left about 5 minutes after the final whistle. This train was met with the same volume of officers and dogs, although more fans were able to escape the kettle. 

The process repeated for the third train that left about 15 minutes after full time. By this time the dogs had been put back into their vans, but there was still an unreasonably large volume of officers. This third group was largely able to leave in whatever direction they preffered, but we’re still filmed. There were a select few, targeted by police, that were still kettled in this third group. An officer also threatened a fan with arrest after he tried to walk away from the targeted group. The officer said, “you’re lying, you’re not leaving. Look at the clothes you’re wearing. You’re a hooligan; if you attempt to leave you will be arrested.”

This was a disgusting abuse of police powers and blatant criminalisation of ALL football fans, many of which were split apart from their groups. The only way staurday differed to the famed Birmingham game was that fans were not issued with a dispersal order and were able to attend the game.

I counted 7 passers by asking police officers if there had been a terrorist attack due to the hugely excessive police force, one even described it as a war zone.

So, @julieH, please do not lie

Justifiable force....

24 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Don’t know why she is allowed on here TBH, as not trusted by most. The biggest FIRM in football!

Usually on OTIB - if you abuse/lie to other posters, you get a BAN by the MODS.

Agree mate . Most violence meted out at football matches courtesy of the cowards in black who should be fighting crime and earning their wages.

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Agree mate . Most violence meted out at football matches courtesy of the cowards in black who should be fighting crime and earning their wages.

Only way they can justify their overtime and excessive costs to police football matches. If no arrests , difficult to justify the expense, one way to ensure this doesn’t happen is to antagonise those attending to see if they react. 

We’ve all been to football games and we’ve all seen it.

1 minute ago, daored said:

Only way they can justify their overtime and excessive costs to police football matches. If no arrests , difficult to justify the expense, one way to ensure this doesn’t happen is to antagonise those attending to see if they react. 

We’ve all been to football games and we’ve all seen it.

Absolutely right. 

Archived