IGNORED

Police "Kettling" at London Bridge

Nongazeuse

Just now, Dylan said:

I'd rather watch Millwall than Arsenal for atmosphere if I lived in the London area for sure. Not even taking into account the ticket pricing either

Precisely @Dylan

The walk to the ground, the atmosphere, the environment, was definitely a step back in time, and I enjoyed it. Saturday felt close to the working mans game we use to know.

41 minutes ago, Olé said:

Hmmm.... I was there last season and saw and heard barely a peep. 

CxEfzYeWQAEy7CD.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.717f3bd5027918a818137a6a114a3e0d.jpeg

To be fair they were completely outclassed from start to finish. 

Usually they are pretty decent & bring good numbers.

Not sure how you lot can hate them so much that you can be bothered to make that kind of card. I would have thought you would feel the same way about Rovers as we do about our nearest neighbours Charlton - a kind of mocking amusement. We call Charlton the 'train-spotters' or 'anoraks' - never anything as heartfelt as 'scum'. 

1 minute ago, Piccolo said:

Not sure how you lot can hate them so much that you can be bothered to make that kind of card. I would have thought you would feel the same way about Rovers as we do about our nearest neighbours Charlton - a kind of mocking amusement. We call Charlton the 'train-spotters' or 'anoraks' - never anything as heartfelt as 'scum'. 

Lets get this sorted haha.

The sags are without a doubt the most reprehensible team in the entire English league system. Not even biased this. Anyone with half a mind to do some research would come to the same conclusions imo.

- Boob Cricket

- Famously far-right and neo-nazi following, including racial attacks on their own players

- Attacking non-league goalies through their own nets

- 3 (I think it is now) Separate accounts of horse-punching

- Tried to pinch our ground in 1982 on the cheap when we were in financial ruin, they ripped the piss out of us for it

- Pinched a ground from Bristol Rugby on the cheap and forced them to rent it off them

- Squatted in Bath because they burnt their own stand down for the insurance money

Someone will have more, I know missed a few out, but they are the gift that keeps on giving. In short they're a horrible bunch of moronic tossers and the sooner their Jordanian fake-sheikh carpet bagger owner pisses off and they go bust the better.

And still only the second best mob in the city :whistle:

11 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

Ask your own Danny Baker about them. ;) Very astute man is Danny

38 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

Trust me Piccolo the rivalry and hatred is as big as anywhere else in the Country, i’m Surprised you’re not aware of that, the Millwall/ Charlton comparison is like a tea party

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

Precisely @Dylan

The walk to the ground, the atmosphere, the environment, was definitely a step back in time, and I enjoyed it. Saturday felt close to the working mans game we use to know.

Thought so too.

I had a couple of annoyances, but overall yeah- result and display aside of course.

As an experience though? A good away day. Felt reasonably authentic, might go again next year.

50 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Lets get this sorted haha.

The sags are without a doubt the most reprehensible team in the entire English league system. Not even biased this. Anyone with half a mind to do some research would come to the same conclusions imo.

- Boob Cricket

- Famously far-right and neo-nazi following, including racial attacks on their own players

- Attacking non-league goalies through their own nets

- 3 (I think it is now) Separate accounts of horse-punching

- Tried to pinch our ground in 1982 on the cheap when we were in financial ruin, they ripped the piss out of us for it

- Pinched a ground from Bristol Rugby on the cheap and forced them to rent it off them

- Squatted in Bath because they burnt their own stand down for the insurance money

Someone will have more, I know missed a few out, but they are the gift that keeps on giving. In short they're a horrible bunch of moronic tossers and the sooner their Jordanian fake-sheikh carpet bagger owner pisses off and they go bust the better.

And still only the second best mob in the city :whistle:

Make that rhyme and that's a whole new chat! 

19 minutes ago, harrys said:

Trust me Piccolo the rivalry and hatred is as big as anywhere else in the Country, i’m Surprised you’re not aware of that, the Millwall/ Charlton comparison is like a tea party

Millwall v Charlton is a tea party. Officially the most one sided derby in English football (35 Millwall wins to their paltry 12 in 74 meetings). And they constantly moan about us simply taking over their ground without any resistance at all. Never really been any trouble at these matches - in fact it used to be tradition for both sets of fans to go watch the other team with Charlton/Millwall mates or family when the other was away. In the 20's 30s, 40's and 50's both sides got huge crowds because basically the whole of the SE London football loving public went to the matches. Crystal Palace at this point were so far out that officially they were still a Surrey based club.

I knew City v Rovers was heated, but thought that like us & Charlton it was quite one sided. Charlton hate us with a passion, but we laugh at them & treat them as a fun & easy derby game. Just always assumed it was Rovers that hated City & you lot just thought they were amusing. 

11 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

Millwall v Charlton is a tea party. Officially the most one sided derby in English football (35 Millwall wins to their paltry 12 in 74 meetings). And they constantly moan about us simply taking over their ground without any resistance at all. Never really been any trouble at these matches - in fact it used to be tradition for both sets of fans to go watch the other team with Charlton/Millwall mates or family when the other was away. In the 20's 30s, 40's and 50's both sides got huge crowds because basically the whole of the SE London football loving public went to the matches. Crystal Palace at this point were so far out that officially they were still a Surrey based club.

I knew City v Rovers was heated, but thought that like us & Charlton it was quite one sided. Charlton hate us with a passion, but we laugh at them & treat them as a fun & easy derby game. Just always assumed it was Rovers that hated City & you lot just thought they were amusing. 

Put it this way about the Bristol derby.

Last time we played them in a competitive game- roughly give or take 4 and a half years ago so early September 2013. Anyway, it was a mere JPT Round 1. Bit meh, yeah?

Nope. Full house and a pitch invasion. Terrific atmosphere too- a very intense, if perhaps a tad overlooked, underrated rivalry by the national media etc.

I think that should give some idea...

8 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

If the trains were delayed it might likely have been the result of the neanderthal muppets who, like fish out of water, haven't a scooby how the world beyond BS3 functions. We were on the one but last train to get to kick off (anticipating the muppets would delay procedings later) and I very nearly had to 'leave my seat to have a word' given the drunken t***ers had forced the doors three times before an official intervened. Had the train been taken out of service I'd had put a few on them over the electrified rails without quibble. Instead of this pseudo reverence for the p***s that follow us it's about time the sensible majority held them to account. They certainly aren't clever, they're as funny as cancer and have sod all to do with the beautiful game. If all they're interested in is alcohol, drugs and fighting then hopefully the World Cup will be right up their street. Flights from Lulsgate and guaranteed returns via Royal Wootten Bassett.

err, the return flight is now to Brize. Flights to Lyneham and a return to the M4 via Bassett were stopped at the request of the deceased families. It all became an overwhelming media circus.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Put it this way about the Bristol derby.

Last time we played them in a competitive game- roughly give or take 4 and a half years ago so early September 2013. Anyway, it was a mere JPT Round 1. Bit meh, yeah?

Nope. Full house and a pitch invasion. Terrific atmosphere too- a very intense, if perhaps a tad overlooked, underrated rivalry by the national media etc.

I think that should give some idea...

So, more Millwall v West Ham than Millwall v Charlton you are saying.

That JPT story is like the one when Millwall drew West Ham away in the U21 Cup at Boleyn Ground in 2015/16. That was West Ham's last season at the ground & frustratingly the Met. got wind that this was going to be a big deal & the away turn out would be like a normal away game there & that West Ham were also looking to turn up in numbers for the 7pm kick-off; and so it was moved to 12pm and played behind closed doors at West Ham's training ground. When Saturday Comes did a little article on it: West Ham v Millwall U21 Cup

And do you remember the Full Members' Cup (Simod Cup)? A competition for the top two divisions simply to replace the lost of European football in the wake of the ban due to Heysel. West Ham drew Millwall in 1987 and all hell broke loose for what should have been a very low key game! 

Well, you learn something new everyday - I simply thought the Bristol derby was Rovers hating you lot & you lot not really caring like us v Charlton. 

4 minutes ago, Piccolo said:

So, more Millwall v West Ham than Millwall v Charlton you are saying.

That JPT story is like the one when Millwall drew West Ham away in the U21 Cup at Boleyn Ground in 2015/16. That was West Ham's last season at the ground & frustratingly the Met. got wind that this was going to be a big deal & the away turn out would be like a normal away game there & that West Ham were also looking to turn up in numbers for the 7pm kick-off; and so it was moved to 12pm and played behind closed doors at West Ham's training ground. When Saturday Comes did a little article on it: West Ham v Millwall U21 Cup

And do you remember the Full Members' Cup (Simod Cup)? A competition for the top two divisions simply to replace the lost of European football in the wake of the ban due to Heysel. West Ham drew Millwall in 1987 and all hell broke loose for what should have been a very low key game! 

Well, you learn something new everyday - I simply thought the Bristol derby was Rovers hating you lot & you lot not really caring like us v Charlton. 

Historically the fan base was was a North/South divide with the River Avon that runs  through the city, before my time attendances were roughly on a par but since our promotion to the top flight in ‘76 we’ve always had superior numbers, at a rough guess i’d say 90% South of the River is red with the rest of the City generally fairly even in numbers, nearly 21000 average at AG this season with about 9000 at the Memorial, 30000 Bristolians watching their football ain’t bad considering many think Bristol isn’t a football City also baring in mind the mainly dross fare we’ve had to put up with over the years

14 hours ago, JulieH said:

I can confirm we were not peed off after the game as you so beautifully put it.

we also did not kettle fans at London Bridge . 

There were large police numbers there to prevent any further disorder , fans could go where they wanted and were not controlled in any kettle arrangement after the game 

Incorrect..... yes they did.

*Resident policewoman caught lying....

42 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

held back for "filtering" purposes for about 30 seconds never "kettled"

I was there..........

This is exactly what happened.

i have spoken to the Bristol police officer who was there and there was some filtering of those persons who had been involved in the disorder st millwall . This was to ensure no furtherdisorder occurred and the correct policing numbers were allocated to the correct persons to ensure this remained the case.

There was no kettling by police other than this which lasted no more than a few minutes 

we are both on duty tonight at Birmingham game so can answer any further questions then @TETBURY MASSIVE 

resident policeoman not lying .

28 minutes ago, JulieH said:

i have spoken to the Bristol police officer who was there and there was some filtering of those persons who had been involved in the disorder st millwall . This was to ensure no furtherdisorder occurred and the correct policing numbers were allocated to the correct persons to ensure this remained the case.

There was no kettling by police other than this which lasted no more than a few minutes 

we are both on duty tonight at Birmingham game so can answer any further questions then @TETBURY MASSIVE 

A Policeoman...

Make you sound like a transgender Italian copper Julie.

48 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I don't call being prevented from going to catch my train as "filtering"  - despite asking the police to let me through they wouldn't do so and I ended up on a half mile detour back to the mainline station round the Shard.  I was self-evidently not involved in any earlier trouble being in my sixties although I think could have taken out the PCSO quite easily had I been inclined. 

18 hours ago, JulieH said:

I can confirm we were not peed off after the game as you so beautifully put it.

we also did not kettle fans at London Bridge . 

There were large police numbers there to prevent any further disorder , fans could go where they wanted and were not controlled in any kettle arrangement after the game 

Sorry @JulieH but that’s absolute b*llcks and you know it.

There was a group of fans that got a train from south Bermondsey to London Bridge 5 minutes prior to the final whistle. These fans had no choice but be forced onto the railway station after all other exits were blocked by police. This group was then met by about 30 officers in a crescent formation at London Bridge, not allowing anyone from the south Bermondsey train to leave the station until they were ready. The group was then marched out of the doors and were met by easily another 100 officers plus a good 15 police dogs. This group was then kettled directly into the underground and anyone that asked to leave were threatened with arrest. An officer was even queried why and he replied, “we must contain you all as there was an incident pre match and we need to identify suspects.”

Then, after marching fans through the barriers in the underground station the high vis brigade marched back up ready for the second train, that left about 5 minutes after the final whistle. This train was met with the same volume of officers and dogs, although more fans were able to escape the kettle. 

The process repeated for the third train that left about 15 minutes after full time. By this time the dogs had been put back into their vans, but there was still an unreasonably large volume of officers. This third group was largely able to leave in whatever direction they preffered, but we’re still filmed. There were a select few, targeted by police, that were still kettled in this third group. An officer also threatened a fan with arrest after he tried to walk away from the targeted group. The officer said, “you’re lying, you’re not leaving. Look at the clothes you’re wearing. You’re a hooligan; if you attempt to leave you will be arrested.”

This was a disgusting abuse of police powers and blatant criminalisation of ALL football fans, many of which were split apart from their groups. The only way staurday differed to the famed Birmingham game was that fans were not issued with a dispersal order and were able to attend the game.

I counted 7 passers by asking police officers if there had been a terrorist attack due to the hugely excessive police force, one even described it as a war zone.

So, @julieH, please do not lie

12 minutes ago, SonOfDjuric said:

Then, after marching fans through the barriers in the underground station the high vis brigade marched back up ready for the second train, that left about 5 minutes after the final whistle. This train was met with the same volume of officers and dogs, although more fans were able to escape the kettle. 

I got the train that was 5 mins after the final whistle as heard the cheers as we were walking to the platform. Got on the train and and back to London Bridge and never even seen anything at London Bridge at all! We walked to London Bridge station and got the direct tube to Paddington and went and watched the Man City game in a pub at Paddington.  Must depend on where you were I suppose but we went wherever we wanted to go with no issues from Plod.

20 hours ago, Singingsuperstar said:

I heard you mate, even l believed you. Your accent was incredible!!! 

Only the Queen's best for the force mate. You'll have also noted that I decided to speak to the blonde officer who was particularly easy on the eye (and didn't have a ******* camera strapped to her head).

Archived