IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

27 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Yeah he is but if he comes good that be gray, watkins nd him that they took a chance on and will prob fund them for next 5 years... why do they take punts nd we dnt

You could ask why they missed him first time round when he was Dartford, or Leatherhead or Corinthians (in their own catchment area - big area admittedly)?  Maybe they were watching McCoulsky instead!

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You could ask why they missed him first time round when he was Dartford, or Leatherhead or Corinthians (in their own catchment area - big area admittedly)?  Maybe they were watching McCoulsky instead!

Or possibly Greenwich where he scored most and got Pete Johnson to get him to "Nam....

As things stand - what with all the new signings if we were to sign Marriott then someone - maybe Taylor wouldn't even make the bench. I 'd prefer to stick with what we now have in terms of forward options. It is,imo, a good window so far and pretty exciting as I understand the team LJ( or whoever) is trying to assemble.

However, the prospect of Eisa as  a punt of SL's money ( not "our money" as so many fans delusionally feel) is well worth it as a an ongoing developing back up. It could be a case of  Akinde or Engvall but on the other hand a future Gayle or Assombalonga.

No to Jack and hello Eisa - buy him and loan him back to Gary to carry on the good work.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Isn’t he a Londoner?

Lisa came from war torn Sudan to London as a 14 yr old with his brother who now plays ( quite well) for Shrewsbury- fascinating story.

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Pack was a free agent. Was training by himself IIRC so Cheltenham had no say in where he went

Screenshot_20180707-072755_Samsung Internet.jpg

Was out of contract, but due being under 24 at the time, Cheltenham were due compensation. 

Technically you're both right.

No offence intended but the topic of whether or not we've signed players from Cheltenham before or not is far less interesting that news on Eisa so please can we stop that now :whistle:

Really hope we can bring him in, think he would give us a really interesting blend of forwards with lots of different strikers. Can you confirm we're actually interested @Knighty?

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No offence intended but the topic of whether or not we've signed players from Cheltenham before or not is far less interesting that news on Eisa so please can we stop that now :whistle:

Really hope we can bring him in, think he would give us a really interesting blend of forwards with lots of different strikers. Can you confirm we're actually interested @Knighty?

Agree, really don't want to see Eisa being snapped up by Brentford (like they did with Watkins) when it seems a relatively modest outlay would bring him to us - even we end up loaning him back out in League 1 to gain more experience.

8 minutes ago, westonred said:

This guy is not championship standard yet and we dont need anymore for the future as we have some talented youngsters coming through and buying him will block their way.

Stick with Marriott he's ready now

Marriott would be great, but he's incredibly expensive. We have a few young forwards granted, but Eisa is a step up in my opinion. I think Hinds, McCoulsky and Semyedo (spelling) are not ready just yet. I think Eisa could be with some polishing. 

Archived