IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

Signed by GJ from Dartford in the summer, has scored 4 already in their three games.

Seeing as we certainly have a real advantage if any Cheltenham player is on our radar, this lad, (who is 22) is definitely worth us keeping an eye on.

If he can score as many as Vassell of Luton he also wouldn't cost us even half as much.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Signed by GJ from Dartford in the summer, has scored 4 already in their three games.

Seeing as we certainly have a real advantage if any Cheltenham player is on our radar, this lad, (who is 22) is definitely worth us keeping an eye on.

If he can score as many as Vassell of Luton he also wouldn't cost us even half as much.

But Bobby has 3 in 2, so why bother?... if we are looking at it purely on this seasons stats

the stats for Reid playing in the championship far out weigh both of these players at the moment.  We have Hinds as the prospect, and maybe Engvall, I'd rather we look at a proven talent given what we have in the u23's at the moment

24 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Yep someone who has never played league football before last week, has a purple patch and he is already ready for a jump to championship squad

Where have I said he was good enough to play at this level now? Ridiculous reply.

3 minutes ago, TRL said:

But Bobby has 3 in 2, so why bother?... if we are looking at it purely on this seasons stats

the stats for Reid playing in the championship far out weigh both of these players at the moment.  We have Hinds as the prospect, and maybe Engvall, I'd rather we look at a proven talent given what we have in the u23's at the moment

Why bother? 

We presumably will still continue to scout players all this season and whilst I'm delighted (and admittedly surprised) by Reid's excellent goal scoring start, it may of course not last..

I don't want to turn it into yet another Engvall thread, but LJ's comment today that he still wants to bring in another attacking player this month after signing Eliasson and when he sends Engvall back out on loan when two of his other senior strikers are currently both out injured, suggests to me that he simply does not rate him.

As for Eisa I'd simply hope that any (young) promising player at a South West club was known to us.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Where have I said he was good enough to play at this level now? Ridiculous reply.

Why bother? 

We presumably will still continue to scout players all this season and whilst I'm delighted (and admittedly surprised) by Reid's excellent goal scoring start, it may of course not last..

I don't want to turn it into yet another Engvall thread, but LJ's comment today that he still wants to bring in another attacking player this month after signing Eliasson and when he sends Engvall back out on loan when two of his other senior strikers are currently both out injured, suggests to me that he simply does not rate him.

As for Eisa I'd simply hope that any (young) promising player at a South West club was known to us.

I understand what you are suggesting, but Personally, i think if we are looking for something now it would be a proven striker, we have many players at that level.  and if you fill your under 23's with too many young talents i think you stifle growth.  You get to a point where none of them are getting enough games and they end up on loan and it all goes nowhere

I am thinking, Engvall, Mclousky, Hinds, the Italian guy  add more in there and the focus goes imo.  When you consider these players have Taylor and Đurić in front of them, I do wonder what the purpose is.  Almost getting in players for the sake of it rather than identifying real talent and  rolling it into the first team

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

to be honest mate it took a few reads before I understood what you meant, from first impressions it implies that you fancy this player to come into the squad ASAP when obviously he has to develop

If we are insistent on bringing in another striker I hope it's a 3-4m or striker from a foreign league. Risky sure but that's where the best value for money is. Maybe Vassell becomes good idk but you can get better performers in better divisions for just a bit more money and most likely not too much more in wages. 

On 12/08/2017 at 19:51, GrahamC said:

Nobody else from the lower leagues please. Proven players. 

3 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Nobody else from the lower leagues please. Proven players. 

What a silly suggestion.

The likes of Brownhill and O'Dowda of late, then the likes of Albert, Bolasie in the past, show that lower league players can be gems.

Or would you rather we had a team of David James, Nicky Hunts and Damien Stewarts? All 'proven players'.

You need a balance, no such thing as guaranteed success.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

What a silly suggestion.

The likes of Brownhill and O'Dowda of late, then the likes of Albert, Bolasie in the past, show that lower league players can be gems.

Or would you rather we had a team of David James, Nicky Hunts and Damien Stewarts? All 'proven players'.

He would prefer the Hunts, James and Stewart's. It's experience you see.

1 hour ago, Selred said:

What a silly suggestion.

Exactly. Of all the `proven` players signed by our rivals in January how many have made a significant contribution to their season since? Mitrovic definitely and Grabban to an extent but not many beyond that.

I dare say his name has cropped up in the Johnson household and how he has developed this season. Bit of a rough diamond when brought in by GJ from non league but the lad has bags of skill, pace and knows where the net is. No reason why LJ couldn’t get first shout on him if he thinks he can step up and one for the future

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t say I’ve seen anything of him bar the goal clips on C5.

What does he offer over McCoulsky, or Hinds for that matter?

Games and goals in League 2. He’s ready for league 1. We don’t have any young striker who’s at that level yet imo.

If Plymouth don’t go up, would be nice seeing Morrell go there as he’s done well at Cheltenham this season. 

5 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Games and goals in League 2. He’s ready for league 1. We don’t have any young striker who’s at that level yet imo.

If Plymouth don’t go up, would be nice seeing Morrell go there as he’s done well at Cheltenham this season. 

Yeah, get the goals n games....but what type of player is he?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, get the goals n games....but what type of player is he?

Pacey and good on the ball from what I’ve seen. Can score goals as well. He can play as a wide forward, not very defensive, or as a striker. Would be a good addition, worth a bid up to 500k.*

*Based on the sale of Vassel to Brum who had the same sort of record as Eisa 

7 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Pacey and good on the ball from what I’ve seen. Can score goals as well. He can play as a wide forward, not very defensive, or as a striker. Would be a good addition, worth a bid up to 500k.*

*Based on the sale of Vassel to Brum who had the same sort of record as Eisa 

Vassel who scored less and cost at least double that?

Archived