IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

Matt Taylor is best behind a striker. He has pretty good vision and I always think he makes decent time on the ball. 

The guy can play it’s a matter if we can fit him into the right spot or if we even want to bother. 

Big season for this bloke!

As I said in another thread I’m a fan!

42 minutes ago, eric04 said:

Hat-trick tonight in just 45 minutes (yes I know it was against Cirencester). 

Personally I'd take the gamble. At even £2m I would think that even if he couldn't cut it at this level, we would still be able to sell him on for what we paid for him to a League 1 club.

Could be the next big thing...

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Personally I'd take the gamble. At even £2m I would think that even if he couldn't cut it at this level, we would still be able to sell him on for what we paid for him to a League 1 club.

Could be the next big thing...

I can think of one league 1 club that couldn't afford him ! :cool:

36 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I can think of one league 1 club that couldn't afford him ! :cool:

But didn't the snake cost us £10m? That's what they were saying he would go for!?

They could sign Eisa, as well as a few other players, still have a bit of change, buy a new tent, AND buy Wally a new watch with that money.

Don't tell me they got it wrong and he went for peanuts in the end? Surely not....

:rolleyes:^_^:thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, Taz said:

But didn't the snake cost us £10m? That's what they were saying he would go for!?

They could sign Eisa, as well as a few other players, still have a bit of change, buy a new tent, AND buy Wally a new watch with that money.

Don't tell me they got it wrong and he went for peanuts in the end? Surely not....

:rolleyes:^_^:thumbsup:

I’m still giggling about that - Dopey said Matty is worth £10m then we sign him for £300k and rub huge amounts of salt into their wounds by selling one of our players for £10m.......and because of Dopey’s pathetic attempt to get/keep the disenchanted few from north of the river on his side by quoting this tune....I’d like to once again post it....with no apologies....

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bristol-rovers-manager-denies-star-striker-will-be-sold-in-january/

I never realised the £10m price wasn't the end of that quote.

£300k :rofl2br:

It makes you wonder if;

a) He even knew about the release clause or

b) He knew about it but didn`t have a ******* clue how these things work

#tinpot

On 11/07/2018 at 16:22, The Journalist said:

Just a point on Matty Taylor that people hugely overlook - our upturn in form at the very end of 2016-17 (including winning at Brighton, a game in which he set up our goal) coincided with him playing up top in a 4-4-2. Having previously chopped and changed time and again, this was the template we adopted for the following season.

The key question mark over Taylor is not his overall play or even his finishing, but whether he can actually get into goalscoring positions having been involved in the build-up play.

If the answer is yes - and he'll need a full pre-season behind him and a run at the start of 2018-19 - he's a keeper.

I was at Brighton so funny how we all see things differently.

He got into a great position, about 8 yards out, the ball came to him and he took a swing and missed the ball completely.

It stuck in my mind because that was the moment I decided he would never make it as a goal scorer at this level.

He works hard and does get in some good positions. However his finishing is not good enough. Move him on.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It makes you wonder if;

a) He even knew about the release clause or

b) He knew about it but didn`t have a ******* clue how these things work

#tinpot

Apparently Danny Coles is Matty’s agent, he knew about the £300k release clause and informed LJ.

At least that what the bitter blue lot claim :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

I was at Brighton so funny how we all see things differently.

He got into a great position, about 8 yards out, the ball came to him and he took a swing and missed the ball completely.

It stuck in my mind because that was the moment I decided he would never make it as a goal scorer at this level.

He works hard and does get in some good positions. However his finishing is not good enough. Move him on.

If you judged every striker in the world on "that one they missed" you would never buy a striker again.

51 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Apparently Danny Coles is Matty’s agent, he knew about the £300k release clause and informed LJ.

At least that what the bitter blue lot claim :rolleyes:

Try asking them what the point of a release cause would be, if it wasn't common knowledge. Or why they think that the figure being bandied about on their own forum would remain secret. :)

3 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

When we signed him a couple of gasheads both told me independently that Taylor would miss more than he scored but that the gas would definitely miss the goals he did score.

Its true he's missed a couple of sitters but I don't think we've seen enough of him to make an assessment just yet. He was out injured for much of last season so hopefully he'll be fully fit come August 4th and in the frame for a start.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

When we signed him a couple of gasheads both told me independently that Taylor would miss more than he scored but that the gas would definitely miss the goals he did score.

Its true he's missed a couple of sitters but I don't think we've seen enough of him to make an assessment just yet. He was out injured for much of last season so hopefully he'll be fully fit come August 4th and in the frame for a start.

Haven't seen enough of him? He's been here about 2 years, he doesn't score enough goals and is prone to missing sitters.

1 hour ago, marksy said:

Haven't seen enough of him? He's been here about 2 years, he doesn't score enough goals and is prone to missing sitters.

He's not been here 2 years.

He's been here 18 months, and spent the majority of that time with an injury of some sort.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

He's not been here 2 years.

He's been here 18 months, and spent the majority of that time with an injury of some sort.

So not only a poor goals record, he's also a sick note . Hardly a mouthwatering prospect :whistle:

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

If you judged every striker in the world on "that one they missed" you would never buy a striker again.

Far from an isolated example, I'm afraid. Plenty of others available - how about missing a tap in from about 2 yards away at Derby just after half time that would finished the game. On all the available evidence, and there's enough of it to take a considered view, he's not good enough as a goal-scorer at this level. Those who would persist with him are doing so on the basis of hope rather than expectation. 

1 hour ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Far from an isolated example, I'm afraid. Plenty of others available - how about missing a tap in from about 2 yards away at Derby just after half time that would finished the game. On all the available evidence, and there's enough of it to take a considered view, he's not good enough as a goal-scorer at this level. Those who would persist with him are doing so on the basis of hope rather than expectation. 

He`s always going to be one of those players that divides opinion I think (I am a fan of his BTW). I guess we`ll just have to wait and see what the future holds.

The question for me is do we keep MT and use him as a regular starter and pay £1.5m or so for someone like Eisa or spend £5-6m on Marriott? I think I come down in favour of the former.

Archived