IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Granted , just don’t know his level at all . Not seen a second of him. Is it right he’s 24 ? Came into the pro game late if true . 

I don’t know his whole story but has jumped multiple leagues successfully last season. Like we saw with Kodjia there is a raw unpredictability to players like that. That can be maddening and magically entertaining at the same time. Personally, rather have a raw hungry athletic striker to come on and change a game rather than Taylor or even Djuric(depends on matchup). 

Like they way we have done business this summer. We have filled out our starting XI with championship level players(can’t argue their experience). Our bench will have young and hungry players with high ceilings like Walsh, Adelakun, Eisa, Kelly(JB stays?) and Eliasson(looks good this preseason). Some experience too like Wright, Pato and Pack or Smith. The squad has come a long way from our first season back up. 

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Players who come into the pro game late seem to appreciate what they have more than many of those who have been with a club since they were kids.

They do I think. Aden Flint is the perfect example of one close to home, used to play non-league while working on the roads at night and all the other stuff.

He will never in his worst nightmares want to go back there again.

Albert was another. Painting & decorating while playing for Barnet. Players like that have a significantly different approach to their careers.

Right, having suggested him 11 months ago my next piece of advice is don’t even think about loaning him out!

Should be around the first team, not scoring goals in League One for someone else..

8 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Dnt need him now with the capture of Webster... think they feel Taylor Moore is our Jordan Willis.

As long as they don't think he's our Wincey Willis.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Right, having suggested him 11 months ago my next piece of advice is don’t even think about loaning him out!

Should be around the first team, not scoring goals in League One for someone else..

Agreed. Hopefully the Diedhiou suspension means we won’t risk it. 

Having Diedhiou, Djuric, Taylor, Eisa and Weimann as our forwards is a good number with a good range of skill sets. 

36 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I wonder if this might signal the end of Milan at city? It would make sense to be fair but would mean Mo may have to play the first 6 before Fammy's back.

IF Milan has, as reported, said he would like to go back to Italy, it makes sense. It's a pity we couldn't keep Milan for the 6 games and then send him off with our best wishes. 

I can’t imagine Mo would start ahead of Taylor and   Weimann as league 2 to Championship is a big leap, but he would be useful to have on the bench. Of course, Albert came from Barnet and went straight into the first team without any problem, so I might be talking rubbish 

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. Hopefully the Diedhiou suspension means we won’t risk it. 

Having Diedhiou, Djuric, Taylor, Eisa and Weimann as our forwards is a good number with a good range of skill sets. 

I hope we keep him here too - League 1 (unless it`s a top side) isn`t much of a step up for a player with as many games as he has so I can`t see the point.

The deciding factor IMO though is whether we do end up with Marriott.

13 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I hope we keep him here too - League 1 (unless it`s a top side) isn`t much of a step up for a player with as many games as he has so I can`t see the point.

The deciding factor IMO though is whether we do end up with Marriott.

Cant see us going for Marriott in addition to Eisa.

29 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Imagine what they`ll be like if they`re not eight points clear by bonfire night!

I`d love to see them struggle in League 1 but sadly I don`t think it will happen, that league is just too poor.

As long as they take 6 points off the blue bellends who gives a **** :laugh:

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

:clap:

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Looks like he can finish with either foot judging by this.

Interesting.

A few of those goals were ones goalkeepers at any level will struggle with.

A few were ones where he got into Reid like positions.

And of course there are a few that would have been saved/stopped by facing a better defence.

Good signing and good to see us hoovering up talent from smaller local clubs. We’ve been a bit hit and miss recently with that, took a low risk punt on Matty Taylor which paid off but seeing Ollie Watkins lighting up the championship really sticks in the craw. 

Archived