IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

4 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I am more enthused about this signing than any other this window.......the kid looks class and if we can make him even better then we may just have a gem on our hands.

Along with Hakeeb Adelukan, this, to me, is exactly the type of signing that we haven't always pursued successfully enough. It's not as if Callum O''Dowda hasn't been a success from Oxford so the precedent is there! Will be delighted when this is confirmed!!

14 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I am more enthused about this signing than any other this window.......the kid looks class and if we can make him even better then we may just have a gem on our hands.

I think we would be wise to remember what level he was playing at 2 seasons ago.

This is a punt - I hope it’s a hugely successful punt - but it is still a punt.

6 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think we would be wise to remember what level he was playing at 2 seasons ago.

This is a punt - I hope it’s a hugely successful punt - but it is still a punt.

Yes agree. He will have jumped 6 leagues in 2 seasons. He looks like He has all the raw ingredients to go far. Pace is pace in any league but 6 leagues is quite a lot 

10 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Haven't read the whole thread, but if/when he signs, surely we need to nick the Mo Salah chant Liverpool fans sing to the tune of Sit Down by James?

Why? Why do we have to copy chants by fans of other clubs? Lots of our fans despise clubs like Liverpool and Man Utd, but at least their fans can come up with original chants with which to support their teams....I’ve always thought these two were class....

34 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why? Why do we have to copy chants by fans of other clubs? Lots of our fans despise clubs like Liverpool and Man Utd, but at least their fans can come up with original chants with which to support their teams....I’ve always thought these two were class....

Understood, and agreed, although I've definitely heard variations of the Albert Adomah/Callum O'Dowda runs down the wing for me chant by other clubs - no idea whether we were originators of that particular chant, but I don't think we should avoid moderating chants by other clubs, especially one which I think would fit pretty well, just as a point of pride.

Of course it's great to create chants of our own, but when you spot a good one from another club to use for one of your players, I think that's perfectly fine.

Also, agreed on the United/Liverpool front. One part of the Carabao Cup game that tends to be forgotten is the sheer number of chants the United fans had for almost every player.

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Understood, and agreed, although I've definitely heard variations of the Albert Adomah/Callum O'Dowda runs down the wing for me chant by other clubs - no idea whether we were originators of that particular chant, but I don't think we should avoid moderating chants by other clubs, especially one which I think would fit pretty well, just as a point of pride.

Of course it's great to create chants of our own, but when you spot a good one from another club to use for one of your players, I think that's perfectly fine.

Think that was a Liverpool song first originally too, for Maxi Rodriguez.

Just did a long interview with Mark Haliwell "who covers Cheltenham for the BBC" all about Eisa for OSIB and I am even more excited now. Interesting insight into what he's like, sounds like he's ridiculously down to earth and well loved by all down there.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Think that was a Liverpool song first originally too, for Maxi Rodriguez.

Well that would prove my point perfectly - probably one of our most used and enjoyed chants. We obviously have the Flint Said No chant, which was a masterstroke, but other than that, I struggle to remember many chants that were wholly original.

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Well that would prove my point perfectly - probably one of our most used and enjoyed chants. We obviously have the Flint Said No chant, which was a masterstroke, but other than that, I struggle to remember many chants that were wholly original.

even that’s a bit stolen from Newcastle’s **** off Adam Johnson chant

1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

I would have thought with Gary being the Cheltenham boss, he would have given Lee the lowdown on his personality + ability and what he is like to have around in the dressing room and overall fit for the current team 

And presumably so would the three lads we`ve had on loan up there.

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Just did a long interview with Mark Haliwell "who covers Cheltenham for the BBC" all about Eisa for OSIB and I am even more excited now. Interesting insight into what he's like, sounds like he's ridiculously down to earth and well loved by all down there.

So is it a done deal and we`re just waiting for City to confirm it?

I always dread last minute hitches with these things and it all falling through. At the risk of sounding like another poster on here, I want to see it on the OS!

18 minutes ago, Greedo said:

even that’s a bit stolen from Newcastle’s **** off Adam Johnson chant

15 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

But that doesn't scan. :P Also the "Flint said no, no, no" part of the chant is undeniably genius.

It scans perfectly - and you think three words of the Flint chant were ‘undeniably genuius’ ??!!!! Good grief....it’s a drunken football chant...that’s all....

10 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

Unless his agent plays up its a deal between father and son effectively so I don't see it going wrong if we want him 

I know, I know. It`s just I have this niggling little doubt in the back of my mind that something will go wrong - I like to call it a Moteab!

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It scans perfectly - and you think three words of the Flint chant were ‘undeniably genuius’ ??!!!! Good grief....it’s a drunken football chant...that’s all....

Blimey, calm down. That Adam Johnson line doesn't scan as well rhythmically as our bit about Swindon Town when you listen to the original song, I'm not saying it's bad though. And obviously I'm not saying our fans should win Nobel prizes for putting Flint's "No, no, no" quote into the chant, but it's very catchy and a smart twist on a chant. 

25 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

So is it a done deal and we`re just waiting for City to confirm it?

I always dread last minute hitches with these things and it all falling through. At the risk of sounding like another poster on here, I want to see it on the OS!

Yeah pretty much it seems. He thought as much and was essentially referring to it as a done deal. Apparently us and Sunderland offered the same but we put in a sell on where they didn’t iirc. Peterborough’s offer was mainly clauses so they didn’t get near to doing it. I’m sure many on here know the details for sure. 

15 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

A lot of those goals remind me of a certain Nicky Maynard, in his prime. 

Yes please..! 

Nice! I’m buzzed after watching that reel. Pretty much all those goals demonstrate his ability to create chances for himself & also put them away really well. 

I wonder what his shot:goal ratio is and if it takes a lot for him to put them away

Archived