IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Me neither, I always thought £1.5m for Eisa represented far better value than £5-6m for Marriott.

It will teach Fry & Co that we won`t be ****** around too.

Absolutely! No one knows how good this lad could be in the Championship and at that money it's a huge gamble to take. If no one meets the valuation then he'll be having another season in L1. If he hits the same goal tally again then he's probably worth the dosh, but if next season with mostly the same defenders remembering what he did, where he went, how he turned on the left or right, they remember, so if he bombs and has a crap season maybe we dodged a bullet?  On the other hand ……………… ?

23 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, I suppose experience is the main concern. The season before last he was playing SIX levels below the Championship.

I'm afraid Messrs Ashton and Johnson have run out of opportunities to sign players for £1.5m as "ones for the future maybe". Mr Lansdown's patience will be wearing rather thin and Eisa will be fully expected to be pushing for a first team start next season.

Great post. Perfectly sums up City's transfers.

34 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, I suppose experience is the main concern. The season before last he was playing SIX levels below the Championship.

I'm afraid Messrs Ashton and Johnson have run out of opportunities to sign players for £1.5m as "ones for the future maybe". Mr Lansdown's patience will be wearing rather thin and Eisa will be fully expected to be pushing for a first team start next season.

Considering Lansdown is the one who wanted this philosphy I doubt his patience will be wearing thin. That and the facts he is probably still 4-5m up on transfer fees from this summer. The philosophy is still in place and while we may have sold players who were already here, the next batch are all on LJs watch in Brownhill, O’Dowda and Diedhiou. 

Experience could be an issue but if he is used like Brownhill and COD were their first seasons I’d be happy. 

Eisa loaned to Peterborough for a season as part of a deal for Marriott, they get their striker we get our striker plus 12 month’s development at a higher level for Eisa (and us).

Eveyone’s a winner!

My friend who did the work on him revealed that there slight worry was that he scores a lot of goals away n goes missing in home matches.. his stats n facts suggested away from home he is a world beater. But home form is opposite... they believe they can get best out of him so good luck to them...... funny enough when he worked on Watkins he was the opposite.... I’m guessing playing non league then in front of a Cheltenham crowd is a difference, let alone Ashton gate.??? Some players feel less pressure away I guess??

7 minutes ago, Knighty said:

My friend who did the work on him revealed that there slight worry was that he scores a lot of goals away n goes missing in home matches.. his stats n facts suggested away from home he is a world beater. But home form is opposite... they believe they can get best out of him so good luck to them...... funny enough when he worked on Watkins he was the opposite.... I’m guessing playing non league then in front of a Cheltenham crowd is a difference, let alone Ashton gate.??? Some players feel less pressure away I guess??

This would suggest to me he is better on the counter attack. Sign me up to the analysis team!

7 minutes ago, Knighty said:

Thanks Knighty for sharing originally. Shame people were so sceptical about your information to begin with when it’s clear you shared in good faith.

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Thanks Knighty for sharing originally. Shame people were so sceptical about your information to begin with when it’s clear you shared in good faith.

I honestly do sir... I would b mad to put on here all the names my mate says there looking at. City must look at 1000s of players... he told me Willis n Eisa were on the high priority but always knew Eisa was the easier chance due to relationships within the 2 clubs n contract situation.. Willis is back of the que I guess as Taylor Moore has been on fire n Baldwin in pre season so think city b covered there... my mate job will mean he still follows Willis  and other targets, just not priority... for people who say I will get him in trouble believe me he tells what I need to know only... I never knew he was tracking the American keeper, still is! So I get told harmless stuff.. he still mad about the Ollie Watkins thing so hoped this will chill him out as Eisa was his choice n project

38 minutes ago, Knighty said:

That would suggest that he is good at finding space away because the opponents as the home team, will be more attack minded. 

At home the opposition will be more defensive minded. 

Pace in away games is more effective but craft and patience in home games. So he is quick but not crafty? 

1 hour ago, Knighty said:

Knighty, I think you have qualified for your ITK badge.

11 hours ago, bcfcnick said:

I can see him forming a prolific partnership with Diedhiou given time to adjust to the higher level.  He's not the sort of player who could play as a lone striker.

From his goal scoring clips he looks a classier player and more clinical finisher player than Jack Marriott and one who will adjust better going up the leagues.  He's got a great goal scoring ratio at whatever level he has played and players coming late into the league from a lower level seem to have an extra hunger and passion for the game. Marriott looks like a possible upgrade on Matty Taylor and he's just really had the one good goal scoring season.  He could pay off for someone but equally could prove to be a costly flop whereas I think we've picked up a bargain.

In a 3-5-2?

Because enthused about this signing though I am (and based on what people have said on here, fitting him into a 4-3-3 may well be viable) if he is a 4-4-2 type striker- oh we'll score goals sure but overall v the better sides especially we'll get overrun.

Would make little sense to go 4-4-2 given the type of players we've signed this summer. A wide forward maybe a better fit?

Saw him in 4 games last year, very interesting player, type that Brentford or Peterborough would buy. He needs work, but he has a natural ability in front of goal, it is his overall game that needs work and coaching, plus building the physical side, but he has huge scope for improvement. Exactly the sort of player we should be signing. 

1 hour ago, Knighty said:

I honestly do sir... I would b mad to put on here all the names my mate says there looking at. City must look at 1000s of players... he told me Willis n Eisa were on the high priority but always knew Eisa was the easier chance due to relationships within the 2 clubs n contract situation.. Willis is back of the que I guess as Taylor Moore has been on fire n Baldwin in pre season so think city b covered there... my mate job will mean he still follows Willis  and other targets, just not priority... for people who say I will get him in trouble believe me he tells what I need to know only... I never knew he was tracking the American keeper, still is! So I get told harmless stuff.. he still mad about the Ollie Watkins thing so hoped this will chill him out as Eisa was his choice n project

Thanks knighty. What was the story with Ollie Watkins? I am still gutted about missing out on him. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In a 3-5-2?

Because enthused about this signing though I am (and based on what people have said on here, fitting him into a 4-3-3 may well be viable) if he is a 4-4-2 type striker- oh we'll score goals sure but overall v the better sides especially we'll get overrun.

Would make little sense to go 4-4-2 given the type of players we've signed this summer. A wide forward maybe a better fit?

Pretty sure we have been 442 all summer. The players we signed fit multiple formations for sure but they are playing a 442. When Diedhiou is back he will partner Weimann and Watkins and COD will be the wide players with Smith and Brownhill in CM. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Pretty sure we have been 442 all summer. The players we signed fit multiple formations for sure but they are playing a 442. When Diedhiou is back he will partner Weimann and Watkins and COD will be the wide players with Smith and Brownhill in CM. 

I forsee a decent number of games where we get overrun then. We'd bench Pack?? Really?

Hope I'm wrong.

As for Eisa he seems a good find for sure- great shout by @GrahamC

Archived