IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I forsee a decent number of games where we get overrun then. We'd bench Pack?? Really?

Hope I'm wrong.

As for Eisa he seems a good find for sure- great shout by @GrahamC

We didn’t get overrun first half of last season. We are now a deeper squad that can deal with the demands of the formation. Now hopefully, we are working on different formations for different situations like holding on to a lead, Pack on for Weimann to make a 451. 

I have been saying one of Smith or Pack this will be their last season here imo. Brownhill is too good not to play and seems like Korey is even more vocal and fit this season. I wouldn’t say Pack is benched as I think he could start in different matchups. Personally think LJ finally has a hardworking squad he can trust and will use everyone a bit more. I am all for tactical changes for certain sides within reason. 

Have looked at a video of some of his goals. He's obviously quick so that's a big plus. He's good in the air. He scores goals with both feet. So we have to make sure the rest of the team provide him with the chances. Him and Diedhiou would be a hand full for any side. But we could do with a midfielder who can create those chances.

One player that did interest me against the Shrews was the left back Pring. He's got skill and pace. Pissed past 3 of there's in one lung busting run. 

1 hour ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Thanks knighty. What was the story with Ollie Watkins? I am still gutted about missing out on him. 

My mate did some scouting work on him for 6 months have him a glowing  report and city wouldn’t pay... he been working on Eisa for same time and thought de jevu 

49 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

1.5M on Eisa seems a much better option than spending 6M on Marriott. It’s a gamble but one worth taking with the season he’s just had at Cheltenham. 

Depends if the 300 hotels were included in the deal.

If everything is 'undisclosed', how can we make an assessment of value??

14 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

From this page onwards. some realistic comments and some 'my dad's bigger than your's.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/safc-bid-for-eisa-turned-down.1438556/page-78

yes the usual can't believe he's going to Bristol city but most are realistic, overall thought they were pretty realistic about there current status makes a pleasant change from some supporters.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

have we actually signed him, can't see anything about it on the BBC sport transfer site.

It’s only been announced by journalists, not the club. Cheltenham have said they’ve accepted an offer, that’s all. But it’s common knowledge that it’s us. Allegedly.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

From this page onwards. some realistic comments and some 'my dad's bigger than your's.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/safc-bid-for-eisa-turned-down.1438556/page-78

I like those that think they should have moved quicker, before a championship club could have got involved. Like GJ wouldn't have been straight on the phone to Lee to let him know an offer had been made. 

Nothing unethical like sharing the bid with him, just trying to drum up a bidding war, of course! ;)

17 hours ago, Harry said:

I understand he’s a first team signing. Doesn’t mean he’s first choice but he’s first team squad. 

My take on him is that he’s bright, quick, gets in the right places but is very much a ‘forward’ and it doesn’t suit his game to be ‘on his own’ up top, i.e. he’d struggle to play as a lone striker, having to drop deep, hold up and link play, he’s very much a pure striker. 

He’s by no means a finished article and is relatively inexperienced, but the way he strikes the ball is very true - he knows where the goal is and knows how to find it. 

I like him. I think he’ll do well. 

1st bold comment....agree 100%, people get too fixated on starting eleven, it rarely works like that.  I would want to see him in the match day 18 as much as possible, and he’s got a chance of good minutes in the opening 6 matches.

Although I like Djúric and the option he gives us, I feel that it contradicts the way we want to play (I get plan B, must must it deviate so much from plan A?), therefore I’d settled with Diedhiou, Weimann, Taylor and Eisa (not forgetting the options of Paterson, Watkins, Adelakun to play in the "forward line".  I’d let Djuric go back to Italy, save ourselves a year’s wages and take the £750k.  There’s enough power and / or pace in that group to not need to worry about lumping it.

16 hours ago, glynriley said:

At 24 years old he'd better not be one for the future. He'll be drawing his pension by the time he come back from a succession of loan moves. 

Agree, only seen him on the C5 highlights programme and stuff posted here, and at 24, he’s gonna have that desire to make the most of what he’s got as quickly as possible.  Calm finisher, gets the shot away....but I also liked his awareness for the assists.  The best goal for me was the give-n-go, showed he wants to make runs, rather than try to beat his man.  He’ll be playing with players more capable of matching his runs at City.

If it’s pissed on Fry, MacAnthony and Evans’s Chips, even better.

Have those Sunderland fans not realised that they haven’t even had a bid accepted by Cheltenham? Only we have if rumours are to be believed. So to say he has chosen us over them is abit far fetched, in their current situation even with the debt cleared you’d be pretty stupid if you did chose that basket case over us, regardless of how big a club they are.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Although I like Djúric and the option he gives us, I feel that it contradicts the way we want to play (I get plan B, must must it deviate so much from plan A?), therefore I’d settled with Diedhiou, Weimann, Taylor and Eisa (not forgetting the options of Paterson, Watkins, Adelakun to play in the "forward line".  I’d let Djuric go back to Italy, save ourselves a year’s wages and take the £750k.  There’s enough power and / or pace in that group to not need to worry about lumping it.

Would we not be best looking to sell Djuric in January? If Fam is out for six games , would we be leaving ourselves short of a hold up striker ?

1 minute ago, daored said:

Would we not be best looking to sell Djuric in January? If Fam is out for six games , would we be leaving ourselves short of a hold up striker ?

Yep, we could do that....and he could suddenly be worth more and now indispensable to us.

The Diedhiou ban and even Taylor’s injury have made it difficult.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yep, we could do that....and he could suddenly be worth more and now indispensable to us.

I just don’t think we have another striker in the squad who offers that  option if fam is out. It’s certainly something to consider.

I do agree with you , when everyone is fit you’d expect him to be a squad player only 

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do we have any info on how bad it is yet?

5 hours ago, WECANDO said:

Have looked at a video of some of his goals. He's obviously quick so that's a big plus. He's good in the air. He scores goals with both feet. So we have to make sure the rest of the team provide him with the chances. Him and Diedhiou would be a hand full for any side. But we could do with a midfielder who can create those chances.

One player that did interest me against the Shrews was the left back Pring. He's got skill and pace. Pissed past 3 of there's in one lung busting run. 

Didn’t see the Shrewsbury game, but out here in Marbella on holiday so went to see the game last night. I really liked the look of Pring and also Webster. But with Lloyd Kelly and Pring in the background we could effectively play hard ball with Joe Bryan. Who looked very much part of the team last night as well. 

1 hour ago, daored said:

I just don’t think we have another striker in the squad who offers that  option if fam is out. It’s certainly something to consider.

I do agree with you , when everyone is fit you’d expect him to be a squad player only 

He’s never really had a run in the side when fit has he so it’s really hard to say what we are getting with him, but the glimpses shown when not fit have been very positive, and of course the goals per minutes played. IF it’s him that wants a move for regular football he might be persuaded to stay and see how things are until January at least, and he never knows he might be undroppable. 

Archived