IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

3 hours ago, brad blit said:

Would this see a striker leave us now...... seeing as LJ said recently that he was only looking at GK unless a player left?

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

i think the taylor forced our hand and may mean no striker leaves until jan pending scans etc

Perhaps it's also the case that the interest from others kicked us up the arse. 

A word from Dad saying about the bids probably helped as well....

Welcome Mo. Genuinely excited about this one :clapping:

On 22/07/2018 at 10:33, JoeAman08 said:

Pretty sure we have been 442 all summer. The players we signed fit multiple formations for sure but they are playing a 442. When Diedhiou is back he will partner Weimann and Watkins and COD will be the wide players with Smith and Brownhill in CM. 

And you know this, how?

1 hour ago, ooRya said:

Be interesting to know whether your colleague thought that he would cut it in league 2?

He thought if he really worked at it he might just about earn a full time contract with a lower league side. Says he's a genuine lad with a good work ethic who's taken his chances when they've come. He thought Championship would be a step too far but with his coaching head on he'd love to see him do well.

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

And you know this, how?

Watching preseason. Fam is going to start we know that. Weimann is a marquee signing and been playing significant minutes. COD and Brownhill primed for big seasons. Watkins a championship RM that we didn’t have. Korey has also played loads and for me seems more vocal than before indicating to me that he is motivated for a big season. You can learn quite a bit from preseason tbh. 

On 22/07/2018 at 09:33, JoeAman08 said:

Pretty sure we have been 442 all summer. The players we signed fit multiple formations for sure but they are playing a 442. When Diedhiou is back he will partner Weimann and Watkins and COD will be the wide players with Smith and Brownhill in CM. 

So we have just given Pack a new three year deal & he won’t be a first choice?

Can’t see that.

On 21/07/2018 at 18:12, GrahamC said:

Right, having suggested him 11 months ago my next piece of advice is don’t even think about loaning him out!

Should be around the first team, not scoring goals in League One for someone else..

Heard down this way Dad is getting him back on a seasons loan.

Nah:innocent06:

47 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So we have just given Pack a new three year deal & he won’t be a first choice?

Can’t see that.

Made me wonder myself. 442 sounds very ridgid and I am sure it will be more fluid than that but all preseason Weimann has been a strike partner with someone else. Also, contracts don’t mean too much. He could be sold by the end of the window. Or maybe is signals Smith leaving? Idk just saying what I have seen in the games I have seen. It doesn’t look like we are dropping a striker for a midfielder or we’d have seen more Smith, Brownhill and Pack on the pitch together. Without research I’d say the have spent 0 minutes this preseason as a 3 together. One will be on the bench and I can’t imagine it is Brownhill

36 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Made me wonder myself. 442 sounds very ridgid and I am sure it will be more fluid than that but all preseason Weimann has been a strike partner with someone else. Also, contracts don’t mean too much. He could be sold by the end of the window. Or maybe is signals Smith leaving? Idk just saying what I have seen in the games I have seen. It doesn’t look like we are dropping a striker for a midfielder or we’d have seen more Smith, Brownhill and Pack on the pitch together. Without research I’d say the have spent 0 minutes this preseason as a 3 together. One will be on the bench and I can’t imagine it is Brownhill

I hope you’re not doubting the facts you stated earlier.

7 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I hope you’re not doubting the facts you stated earlier.

Don’t know why I am getting this from you. I always tell what I see. It gets boring having to say imo all the time. Factually in the games I have seen this summer we have been 442. So it is quite simple to come to these conclusions. Perhaps it takes the fun out of guessing where everyone will play.

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

He thought if he really worked at it he might just about earn a full time contract with a lower league side. Says he's a genuine lad with a good work ethic who's taken his chances when they've come. He thought Championship would be a step too far but with his coaching head on he'd love to see him do well.

Thanks 

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Don’t know why I am getting this from you. I always tell what I see. It gets boring having to say imo all the time. Factually in the games I have seen this summer we have been 442. So it is quite simple to come to these conclusions. Perhaps it takes the fun out of guessing where everyone will play.

Personally I find it irritating when somebody posts something as if it is fact, it comes over as arrogance and  as if you’re ITK. Therefore I like to respond in the way I have.  That’s why you’re getting this from me.

4 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

My work colleague coached him as a lad with London Schoolboys and took him for his first club. Greenwich Borough who took him as an adult (basically bust this term) get a lifesaving £100k from the deal.

As to quality he's apparently 'useful' but my mate would be astounded were he to cut it at Championship level.

OUt of interest and genuine question (I could be wrong about my recollection of your negative post history) but if your colleague had said that there’s no doubt he’s the next Ian Wright, would have event bothered sharing it with us..?

Your colleague also appears to have coached him what, 6+ years ago..? As a schoolboy..?

6 years ago, I don’t think many on here would have been too excited about us signing Jamie Vardy or Harry Kane, based on their records, so I’m happy to take GJ’s advice, off the back of a 25 goal season at league 2 level, over some unnamed schoolboy coach who trained him 6+ years ago. 

2 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

“Just about earn a contract with a lower league club” after scoring 25 goals in his first season, with a lower league club..?! 

I respectfully suggest that your colleague has been proven wrong about him already..! 

Has anyone seen the tweet from the sag that has been doing the rounds? Back in May he responded to a short football survey on Twitter....in answer to ‘who would be your ‘dream’ signing?’ he replied “Mo Eisa” - looks like they missed out again...oh dear...and I still remember the incredibly deluded sag who waxed lyrical online about how he “couldn’t believe Tammy Abraham chose to join Bristol City over his club..” - now that’s a classic!

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

“Just about earn a contract with a lower league club” after scoring 25 goals in his first season, with a lower league club..?! 

I respectfully suggest that your colleague has been proven wrong about him already..! 

Wow ! Hold on a minute , the lad has played one season in senior football, there are a few on here getting totally carried away.

Mo is not an 18 year old that has got a contract in League 2., had a brilliant season and, then ends up in the Championship. to an extent , the lad has won the lottery and, he has it ALL to prove.

He is 24! this a huge punt, do not for a second ,doubt that.

I will, currently, not express my concerns around the club  that we have bought him from.......#toocosy

I will be elated if he does well, truly I will, but the odds are against that, and anyone who thinks otherwise does not understand the game.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Wow ! Hold on a minute , the lad has played one season in senior football, there are a few on here getting totally carried away.

Mo is not an 18 year old that has got a contract in League 2., had a brilliant season and, then ends up in the Championship. To an extent , the lad has won the lottery and he has it ALL to prove.

He is 24! this a huge punt, do not for a second ,doubt that.

I will, for a second, not express my concerns around the c.ub that we have bought him from.......#toocosy

I will be elated if he does well, truly I will, but the odds are against that, and anyone who thinks otherwise does not understand the game.

All fair points, but you think he’d struggle to “just about earn a contract with a lower league club” off the back of last season..?! 

I think not..! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

All fair points, but you think he’d struggle to “just about earn a contract with a lower league club” off the back of last season..?! 

I think not..! 

No, I don't, but then we are not a lower league club.......currently.

We play in the 5th biggest league in Europe and I really doubt, truly hope I am wrong, that Mo can cut it there - his track record suggests that it will be a leap too far.

I wonder if this deal would have happened if he had played for ANY other Div 2 team................

Archived