IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

37 minutes ago, RedM said:

As I said I’ve not really followed this, so probably totally wrong, but were Posh hoping to sell us Marriott at at premium and then buy Eisa as his replacement? But have we snookered them by jumping in for Eisa, if so well played LJ.

Yep. I hinted on page 25 of the Marriott thread a few days ago that we’d consider him too expensive with all of Pboro’s messing around and that we’d nab Eisa ahead of them, leaving them floundering and desperate to sell JM now for as best as they can get. I hope they’re gutted. They’ve acted like lords of the manor and we’ve got peed off and instead taken their target for a third of the price they wanted us to pay them for JM (and prob a third of the wages too). 

11 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Sadly for Posh, if Derby are the only ones left there will be no auction so they are even less likely to get the money they want.

What a shame if they end up with egg on their faces. :sad26:

Posh thought they had the perfect scenario.

Bristol City need a striker to replace Bobby Reid. They have a wealthy owner and have £15m+ sitting from selling Reid and Flint in the bank to finance a new purchase and are interested in their striker Marriott.

McAnthony handles the transfer in his usual subtle, restrained way - announcing for all the world to know that "what Lee wants, Lee doesn't always get" , and making sure everyone knows that other clubs are making bids and very interested, all with the aim of driving up the price in what he thinks is a sellers market.

The  post script now seems to be that, having sold Marriott to us for £6m+ , Posh planned to bank most of money and use a bit of it to sign Eisa as Marriott's replacement.

If Heineken did "hoist on your own petard"................................!  :)

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Me neither, I always thought £1.5m for Eisa represented far better value than £5-6m for Marriott.

It will teach Fry & Co that we won`t be ****** around too.

Agreed this looks to be good value in the scheme of things but I don't think posh have messed us around. They've had a price and not budged. By all accounts all parties involved know that price and it hasn't been met. If anything they've been very straight and open with everyone, admittedly there's no need to broadcast it all over twitter but that's how they operate.

That said, they've potentially shot themselves in the foot by asking too much. We shall see in 2 weeks. 

37 minutes ago, Beezey said:

As someone who has watched Mo on numerous occasions I can tell you he is ready now. He works hard and scored goals in a very poor Cheltenham side last year. He’s very quick and strong and is decent enough with his back to goal. 

He’s never been bullied by league two defenders and I honestly think he has every chance of making the step up. Really pleased, according to someone within the club it will be officially announced on Monday. Terms have already been sorted already apparently and it’s a done deal. 

You'd better be right as lots of egg on one's face can be quite uncomfortable! 

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Right, having suggested him 11 months ago my next piece of advice is don’t even think about loaning him out!

Should be around the first team, not scoring goals in League One for someone else..

No danger of him being sent out on loan imo 

With Reid and Flint's departures we need to replace some goals in the team...

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No danger of him being sent out on loan imo 

With Reid and Flint's departures we need to replace some goals in the team...

And with Milan potentially leaving, Fammy missing six games and Matty Taylor being carried off tonight in Spain I`d think the possibility has just reduced yet again.

I can see him forming a prolific partnership with Diedhiou given time to adjust to the higher level.  He's not the sort of player who could play as a lone striker.

From his goal scoring clips he looks a classier player and more clinical finisher player than Jack Marriott and one who will adjust better going up the leagues.  He's got a great goal scoring ratio at whatever level he has played and players coming late into the league from a lower level seem to have an extra hunger and passion for the game. Marriott looks like a possible upgrade on Matty Taylor and he's just really had the one good goal scoring season.  He could pay off for someone but equally could prove to be a costly flop whereas I think we've picked up a bargain.

2 minutes ago, nimrod said:

Is this one for the development squad? 

I understand he’s a first team signing. Doesn’t mean he’s first choice but he’s first team squad. 

My take on him is that he’s bright, quick, gets in the right places but is very much a ‘forward’ and it doesn’t suit his game to be ‘on his own’ up top, i.e. he’d struggle to play as a lone striker, having to drop deep, hold up and link play, he’s very much a pure striker. 

He’s by no means a finished article and is relatively inexperienced, but the way he strikes the ball is very true - he knows where the goal is and knows how to find it. 

I like him. I think he’ll do well. 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

I understand he’s a first team signing. Doesn’t mean he’s first choice but he’s first team squad. 

My take on him is that he’s bright, quick, gets in the right places but is very much a ‘forward’ and it doesn’t suit his game to be ‘on his own’ up top, i.e. he’d struggle to play as a lone striker, having to drop deep, hold up and link play, he’s very much a pure striker. 

He’s by no means a finished article and is relatively inexperienced, but the way he strikes the ball is very true - he knows where the goal is and knows how to find it. 

Could you see him up front with Weimann in the No.10 role, at least for the first six games anyway?

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Only seen the YouTube highlight reel, but I’d be a bit shocked/surprised if he’s being signed for first team. One for the future maybe, but looks a million miles from championship first team (happy to be proved wrong).

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

My mistake RRH. The recent change in the currency markets adversely affected the value of sterling vs the U.S. dollar and the Euro but the value of the Tillson was always shit.

For a moment there I thought that a Tillson had become the new Bitcoin and had increased significantly in value as a result.

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yes, I suppose experience is the main concern. The season before last he was playing SIX levels below the Championship.

13 minutes ago, nimrod said:

Only seen the YouTube highlight reel, but I’d be a bit shocked/surprised if he’s being signed for first team. One for the future maybe, but looks a million miles from championship first team (happy to be proved wrong).

I'm afraid Messrs Ashton and Johnson have run out of opportunities to sign players for £1.5m as "ones for the future maybe". Mr Lansdown's patience will be wearing rather thin and Eisa will be fully expected to be pushing for a first team start next season.

Archived