IGNORED

Mo Eisa - NOW OFFICIALLY SIGNED (merged)

GrahamC

9 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Have only just seen that video of him, so obviously only going to be good snippets. But he doesn’t snatch at the chances & it’s often finished with the instep. Certainly looks like he has potential. COYR 

What I look for is where the ball hits the net. He finds side netting often and that is natural. Also when he drops that shoulder and cuts on his right looks lightning quick for any defender. Also the FK was superb. Pace, dip and curl. Don’t think anyone save that. Also, seemed to be a poacher of sorts too. Picked up some dangerous spots in the box. Obviously highlights but you can pick up some minor details.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It seems he`s one who didn`t take rejection at a young age lying down but knuckled down and got on with it which now seems to have paid off for him. I like players with that sort of attitude, they know they`re only a gnat`s bollock away from being a failure and are more determined and hungry because of it.

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Yep, great point RRH. Here's hoping that hunger continues now he's reached the championship and that he wants to go on to the very top. 

Can only agree with both of the above. Could have the next Jamie Vardy, but if this does come through, the lad needs a bit of time to find his feet. That's unless he takes to the league like a duck to water... 

3 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Nice to think LJ sold the benefits of joining us not just to the player but to his existing manager too, who I am sure wants his player to make the best move possible. Can't remember who the Cheltenham manager is though. :dunno:

It`s a bloke called Johnson as well funnily enough - not sure if they`re related or anything though.

Well if we are really interested in him, and I haven’t been following but have seen his name mentioned, there would be something wrong if we aren’t given first refusal at least given the family ties and loan deals from us in the past.

17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Well if we are really interested in him, and I haven’t been following but have seen his name mentioned, there would be something wrong if we aren’t given first refusal at least given the family ties and loan deals from us in the past.

Think more the loan deals to be honest. I am sure financially they favoured Cheltenham. Meaning I doubt they were paying any fees and probably paying only a small portion if any of the wages(probably some on Taylor Moore but the others would be on very little I’d imagine). The only benefit for us would be the experience which you can’t put a price on. I am glad we are(seemingly) taking advantage of this situation because lets face it, anyone else would be. I can see other forums saying they could not compete because of the family connection  and he would not have to move. Lets face it we have said similar before. About time something favoured us

40 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Does this mean we have moved on from Marriott @Harry..funny we are taking their potential replacement from them and not paying the £ for Marriott.

a decent punt for me 

I don’t know the ins and outs of that one mate, but I’d be very surprised if Marriott was still on the table. 

I did hear a week or so back that we were still interested in him, but I can only imagine it was a case of one or the other and Posh have acted like ***** so we’ve done the right thing. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I don’t know the ins and outs of that one mate, but I’d be very surprised if Marriott was still on the table. 

I did hear a week or so back that we were still interested in him, but I can only imagine it was a case of one or the other and Posh have acted like ***** so we’ve done the right thing. 

As I said I’ve not really followed this, so probably totally wrong, but were Posh hoping to sell us Marriott at at premium and then buy Eisa as his replacement? But have we snookered them by jumping in for Eisa, if so well played LJ.

4 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

CLUB STATEMENT | Cheltenham Town FC have today (Saturday) accepted an offer for the transfer of Mo Eisa to another club for an undisclosed fee. Mo has therefore been given permission to discuss personal terms #ctfc

Just wait for the announcement that he's joined someone other than us! This thread could be deleted sharpish :whistle:

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

As I said I’ve not really followed this, so probably totally wrong, but were Posh hoping to sell us Marriott at at premium and then buy Eisa as his replacement? But have we snookered them by jumping in for Eisa, if so well played LJ.

Think Marriott has had his ‘head turned’ by Derby and this may have influenced the final decision M

Have to say I know little about Elsa so hope that we come out of this the better

I like Marriot but no guarantee he would have delivered in Championship and I wasn’t sure whether I’d have paid £6m or so that was being banded about so let’s hope the gods / fate have pushed us in the right direction 

As someone who has watched Mo on numerous occasions I can tell you he is ready now. He works hard and scored goals in a very poor Cheltenham side last year. He’s very quick and strong and is decent enough with his back to goal. 

He’s never been bullied by league two defenders and I honestly think he has every chance of making the step up. Really pleased, according to someone within the club it will be officially announced on Monday. Terms have already been sorted already apparently and it’s a done deal. 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think Marriott has had his ‘head turned’ by Derby and this may have influenced the final decision M

Have to say I know little about Elsa so hope that we come out of this the better

I like Marriot but no guarantee he would have delivered in Championship and I wasn’t sure whether I’d have paid £6m or so that was being banded about so let’s hope the gods / fate have pushed us in the right direction 

Sadly for Posh, if Derby are the only ones left there will be no auction so they are even less likely to get the money they want.

What a shame if they end up with egg on their faces. :sad26:

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Sadly for Posh, if Derby are the only ones left there will be no auction so they are even less likely to get the money they want.

I`ve got a vision in my mind of Barry Fry throwing an Arthur Daley style trilby on the floor and jumping up and down on it.

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They might sell for less than they want with no time to find a replacement or keep an unhappy player. If they buy someone they might be held to ransom themselves. It works both ways doesn’t it.

Archived