IGNORED

Senior Reds - Steve Lansdown

Robbored

Today’s speaker as he usually is at our pre Xmas luncheon. 

Looked very well, spoke well and took the predictable platitudes of appreciation with good grace. 

Said he feels City are currently in a good position  but added that he’d be disappointed if we don’t finish in the top six - pressure clearly on LJ to produce the goods.......mentioned the defeat at Reading as being “not good enough”.

Likes the solidity of the defence now tho.

Says that the development of the training facilities at Failand have been granted planning permission and the next stage is getting bids in. Probably 2020/21 before it’ll be ready.

No unexpected comments from him today - unlike two years ago......

How was his tone when discussing top 6? Its difficult to interpret through text. Did he sound expectant, optimistic we have the quality etc? Just it seems quite a difference from his claim of better last seasons finish given how this season has started. It seems hard to believe LJ's job would be under pressure should he finish 10th or so.

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

How was his tone when discussing top 6? Its difficult to interpret through text. Did he sound expectant, optimistic we have the quality etc? Just it seems quite a difference from his claim of better last seasons finish given how this season has started. It seems hard to believe LJ's job would be under pressure should he finish 10th or so.

He was his usual self - says it as it is. No doubting his expectations tho. 

If LJ doesn’t achieve the top six, I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes........

38 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Looked very well, spoke well and took the predictable platitudes of appreciation with good grace. 

Said he feels City are currently in a good position  but added that he’d be disappointed if we don’t finish in the top six - pressure clearly on LJ to produce the goods.......mentioned the defeat at Reading as being “not good enough”.

Says that the development of the training facilities at Failand have been granted planning permission and the next stage is getting bids in. Probably 2020/21 before it’ll be ready.

Thank you Robbored, I much prefer this to your trolling.

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

21 minutes ago, hodge said:

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thanks for Posting Robbo!....I have said quite a few times this is what he is after (top 6) this season (and put up with the usual school boy irony from one or two tossers!)

LJ and MA better have a good plan for January if we are to get anywhere near that!...Or Perhaps we already have the players...Either way LJ has to produce the goods going forward!

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Thanks for Posting Robbo!....I have said quite a few times this is what he is after (top 6) this season (and put up with the usual school boy irony from one or two tossers!)

LJ and MA better have a good plan for January if we are to get anywhere near that!...Or Perhaps we already have the players...Either way LJ has to produce the goods going forward!

If we persist with the 4141/4411 variant we have used of late, we will accumulate points and get back to being tough to beat.

I don’t think it would need much more to make us competitive.  I don’t think we are capable of getting into the playoffs, but I think we can be within ‘touching distance’.

The key to any January signing is to improve the starting eleven.  No need for squad fillers.

I do see the side starting to play better through familiarity of team-mates and style.

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Sixteenth may a problem then....and a more likely outcome.

No way are we anywhere near what's required for such heights,so hopefully Steve can start getting 'eemself adjusted to that. 

Predictable platitudes?

What is it with you pensioners? 

Did anyone ask why if Rovers (you know, your other team) could sack DC and if Man Utd could sack JM why he can’t do the same? With Ashton at the very least?

Were there any probing questions asked or was it an appreciation society sort of meeting?

I’m counting down the years before I can become enrolled..... ?

5 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Predictable platitudes?

What is it with you pensioners? 

Did anyone ask why if Rovers (you know, your other team) could sack DC and if Man Utd could sack JM why he can’t do the same? With Ashton at the very least?

Were there any probing questions asked or was it an appreciation society sort of meeting?

I’m counting down the years before I can become enrolled..... ?

LJs position was not questioned - no reason for it to be given that SL said at the start that he’s happy with the clubs position right now.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Cheers for the update Robbored.

Lets hope he try's to get Kalas on a permanent then :fingerscrossed:

33 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Sixteenth may a problem then....and a more likely outcome.

No way are we anywhere near what's required for such heights,so hopefully Steve can start getting 'eemself adjusted to that. 

So we are nowhere near 6th (which we are 6 points off) but we are likely to finish 16th (which we are 5 points off)

Not quite getting you here...

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

In your opinion AD...........I hope you’ll come here in April/May and admit you were wrong in December 2018 with less than half the season gone....

Absolutely. Hey, I'm wrong A LOT    :laugh:

but top 8 is a tall order, and if he gets it. He's done really well and I'll say so.

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So we are nowhere near 6th (which we are 6 points off) but we are likely to finish 16th (which we are 5 points off)

Not quite getting you here...

Maybe he's thinking of the football (and results) against some of the real crap teams in this division that frankly, top sides beat, often with ease.

But hey, who knows in reality?

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Then he wants to get real. This squad WON'T finish top 8, nevemind top 6

Considering we are only 3 points off 8th that’s a bit of a stretch at this stage of the season. 

I think it’s very unlikely we’ll be in the play offs, but it isn’t impossible if we keep this form up

Just now, JBFC II said:

Considering we are only 3 points off 8th that’s a bit of a stretch at this stage of the season. 

I think it’s very unlikely we’ll be in the play offs, but it isn’t impossible if we keep this form up

January will be big, and we'll be a lot closer to knowing.

The beauty of football and why we love it.

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

January will be big, and we'll be a lot closer to knowing.

The beauty of football and why we love it.

Needs to be much better than last year that’s for sure.

A goal scoring striker (where from I don’t know...) and top 6, especially with our decent defence, could be possible. If not we’ll drift between 10-15th for the rest of the season I reckon 

31 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

How do you like your Lee Johnson, sir?

Well done

:laugh:

Personally I'd rather the Lee Johnson was taken off the menu altogether  and we don't see it back again (or any related dishes)..

The description reads well - but when it arrives on the plate it's usually a disappointment, inconsistent quality, the ingredients and even the recipe change frequently. The only way one can get through it is by consuming it alongside copious amounts of alcohol.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Does he actually think the likelihood of finishing above Leeds, Norwich, WBA, Derby, Boro, Villa, Forest, Swansea, Stoke is likely? And would honestly be disappointed if we didn't?

Not sure where he's coming from if he actually thinks that...

Remind me......what was said then ?

• Admin

.... But added that he’d be disappointed if we don’t finish in the top six - pressure clearly on LJ to produce the goods......

I'd guess as owner of Bristol City he is used to being disappointed, doesn't mean he'll do anything about it 

Archived