IGNORED

Senior Reds - Steve Lansdown

Robbored

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Misreading my post Nogbad? 

The important word in that post is ‘hope’.........followed by ‘I can’t possibly say”. 

Not exactly a prediction as  AppyDays post was.

Not at all.

You said you hoped he'd admit he was wrong, not that you hoped he would be wrong, which we all would including no doubt Appy himself.

Your comment indicated not only you thought he'd be wrong i.e. that you thought City would finish top 6-8, but that when events proved him wrong, you wanted him to come back and publicly admit it.

You now say, 'I can't possibly say' yet previously your position was easily identifiable, as the opposite to AppyDAZE's, when you questioned his reasonable post and sought a further humble post of contrition in the future.

He has said he will 'admit' it if he is proved wrong. It now falls to you, as the poster who came out and insisted he should be held to to account, to make the same undertaking to him should he be proved right and City do not finish top 8.

(This is coming from an independent and unbiased arbitrator by the way, who simply wants to see fair play and equal accountability on OTIB )

7 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

@Robbored - Did SL say he would be 'disappointed' if we don't finish in the top 6 or that the top 6 is his 'expectation'?

Did you interpret it as: 'hope or wish' vs. 'requirement or stipulation'?

Minor detail but major difference. 

Thanks

SL used the word ‘disappointed’  twice if I  recal correctly.

I don’t think he mentioned expectations at all - he didn’t need to.....

16 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

From this good thread I'd like to ask Simon uk to return to gasville and return when he has comments that merit such good feedback on an excellently run group (Senior Reds, well done Pedro) with an excellent guest speaker (SL) who happens to be one of the best 6 owners in the 92 clubs currently in the league, with one of the most exciting management teams.

To say what have replaced our best three players with is just a stupid question suggesting you dont care nor go to matches to see an entirely new back 5.

Jesus Christ man.

One of the best 6 owners....

Most exciting management teams....

Don’t tell me. You’re a relation?

15 hours ago, SX227 said:

Hilarious isn't it!

Paying to praise the Holy One whilst tugging their forelocks....

3 yrs left tops before he's gone, and then we can actually think about the Prem.

If it wasn’t so sad it bloody would be. What is it that people cannot see?

The emperor and those around him are naked. Woe betide anyone who points that out or questions it...

Thing is my guess it’s not just their forelocks they tug......

10 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Not at all.

You said you hoped he'd admit he was wrong, not that you hoped he would be wrong, which we all would including no doubt Appy himself.

Your comment indicated not only you thought he'd be wrong i.e. that you thought City would finish top 6-8, but that when events proved him wrong, you wanted him to come back and publicly admit it.

You now say, 'I can't possibly say' yet previously your position was easily identifiable, as the opposite to AppyDAZE's, when you questioned his reasonable post and sought a further humble post of contrition in the future.

He has said he will 'admit' it if he is proved wrong. It now falls to you, as the poster who came out and insisted he should be held to to account, to make the same undertaking to him should he be proved right and City do not finish top 8.

(This is coming from an independent and unbiased arbitrator by the way, who simply wants to see fair play and equal accountability on OTIB )

You and your independent arbitrator most definitely misread or at least misunderstood that particular post.

To clarity - I hope City reach the play offs but can’t predict whether we will or not as unlike AppleDaze I don’t have a crystal ball...

Is that clear enough? 

16 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

"An excellent guest speaker (SL) who happens to be one of the best 6 owners in the 92 clubs currently in the league, with one of the most exciting management teams."

Bloody Hell !

I just spat my tea across my laptop, can we have posts of this comical genius proceeded with a giant unsafe for work at the beginning please?

Has someone been on the Christmas Eggnog at an office lunch?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

You and your independent arbitrator most definitely misread or at least misunderstood that particular post.

To clarity - I hope City reach the play offs but can’t predict whether we will or not as unlike AppleDaze I don’t have a crystal ball...

Is that clear enough? 

I’ll clarify - I hope 

Clarify or clarity?

Time you gave the www a rest and go and have a rest.

When you going to spill the beans on what happened with you and GJ? 

Never mind fawning over SL. We need the details. From the horse’s mouth......

5 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

If it wasn’t so sad it bloody would be. What is it that people cannot see?

The emperor and those around him are naked. Woe betide anyone who points that out or questions it...

Thing is my guess it’s not just their forelocks they tug......

It would be simpler for you to explain what you can see that others cannot see.

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Clarify or clarity?

Time you gave the www a rest and go and have a rest.

When you going to spill the beans on what happened with you and GJ? 

Never mind fawning over SL. We need the details. From the horse’s mouth......

BigAl - have you started the Xmas boozing early?   :cool2:

@BS4 on Tour...

Hodge did an analysis earlier in the thread.. From his analysis we conceded 4 less goals in the equivalent games last season- however this has come and we can all see it, at the expense of goals and midfield control (in the main).

As for the games vs teams who came into this League, it is harder to gauge- a full sample size would be needed in that respect. In terms of the direct equivalents- that's 15 games- 4 less goals conceded.

@Robbored Basically what I'm saying is: Forest (H), Bolton (A) Middlesbrough (H) QPR (A) Sheff Utd (H) Aston Villa (H) Sheff Wed (H) Brentford (A) Hull (H) Reading (A) Preston (H) Leeds (A) Ipswich (A) Millwall (H) Birmingham (A) Norwich (H)

Well it's 16, not 15 but the point still stands. We've conceded 4 less goals than last season across those 16 games. However we've also scored less. Midfield control is probably irrelevant in this context.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Is that clear enough? 

It's very straightforward imo.

In May one of you will be proved right, the other proved wrong.

If AppyDAZE is proved right the onus will be very much on you to come on here and admit you were wrong.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It's very straightforward imo.

In May one of you will be proved right, the other proved wrong.

If AppyDAZE is proved right the onus will be very much on you to come on here and admit you were wrong.

Jeeez - I’m too weary to explain yet again Nogbad..........it’s not my problem if you can’t understand that particular post...........:dunno:

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It would be simpler for you to explain what you can see that others cannot see.

Really? Do I really need to explain all of that to you?

Have a look at my history and read my posts.

There you can read all about how I feel that SL isn’t the great man for BCFC that so many do. You can read about how I believe he’s pulled our pants down under the auspices of making us proud. Whilst he’s quietly gone about acquiring not just a blind sycophantic following but also vast amounts of land that will eventually make him and his even wealthier than they are now.

Now the amount of his wealth and the tax he avoids paying doesn’t matter enormously to me - although as an ex NHS man I would’ve thought you might have had a view.

What saddens me is the state of BCFC. You might talk progress with what you see as an improved defence.

This time last year we were on the brink and of greatness. That would have made me proud.

What did SL agree on his watch? Loan signings in the form of Diony and Kent.

But hey what do I know. History will prove me right or wrong. Shame though that those real opportunities simply pass us by.

Eggnog? I will thank you.

When you going to reveal the GJ saga?

As for this top 6 goal that's seemingly been set...

I sometimes wonder. In the business world (and probably not just that) there's a concept that's basically setting up to fail.

It's probably a laughable view but I sometimes wonder if SL was so hacked off at 2nd half of last season and despite the friendship with the Johnson family, is looking to set a target that LJ is unlikely to meet that it will make it easier to remove him with a minimal payoff instead of his full final year paid up- contractual clause with minimum target maybe?

It's a bit out there but then it's final Friday before Christmas so why not...?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jeeez - I’m too weary to explain yet again Nogbad..........it’s not my problem if you can’t understand that particular post...........:dunno:

Avoidance. Odd from someone with a career in mental health....

More I think about you - and I do so much - your random posts, your logic, your questions, your spilling missed steaks, your inability to answer a question, that bizarre avatar - who really has an avatar of their old boss? - the more I think one of us must be mad....

As someone else said earlier I think it’s time to leave this alone and go and have a tug of your forelock. Or Steve’s....

3 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Really? Do I really need to explain all of that to you?

Have a look at my history and read my posts.

There you can read all about how I feel that SL isn’t the great man for BCFC that so many do. 

When you going to reveal the GJ saga?

Firstly, I don’t read many of your posts so wouldn’t have known that your anti SL - you’re  in the minority I suspect.......

Secondly the GJ saga as you put it was many years ago and has been done to death numerous times.

Hard luck if you missed any one of the many posts on that particular topic.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Firstly, I don’t read many of your posts so wouldn’t have known that your anti SL - you’re  in the minority I suspect.......

Secondly the GJ saga as you put it was many years ago and has been done to death numerous times.

Hard luck if you missed any one of the many posts on that particular topic.

In fairness Robbo the 'GJ/Robbo Saga' is a Otib forum version of a much loved TV comedy classic  clip.

It's right up there in terms of revisit-ability as 'The Two Ronnies four candles' .. 'Delboy falling through the bar' .. 'Basil beating his car with a branch' .. & Frank Spencer 'on roller skates ….. etc etc...

They all stand the test of time, we've all seen those clips numerous times, we still laugh every time and never tire of 'em....

Same for you and the GJ office encounter Robbo, it's become BCFC folklore now, it should become a Christmas story treat for City fans old and new and retold annually for ever and ever, just like The Snowman.

Common Robbo, you were there, you know the real story better than any of us tell us the story again please, for Christmas, we are all ready and eagerly waiting to hear it again...  Can you start it from the beginning please?  :) 

32 minutes ago, Robbored said:

OK, all seems clear to me, but you do seem a little frazzled.

Let's leave it now and return to this in in May, when either Appy will 'appily be contrite as you so vocally demanded, or, if the situation demands, no doubt you will step forward unprompted to admit how very wrong you were, whichever our final position makes applicable.

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Common Robbo, you were there, you know the real story better than any of us tell us the story again please, for Christmas, we are all ready and eagerly waiting to hear it again...  Can you start it from the beginning please?  :) 

Right! 

I slagged him off on here.

He got the hump and called me into his office to challenge me.

We ended up talking about the upcoming England match and parted on good terms.

Thats it!

Others claim that other stuff went down but are simply making stuff up. 

No big deal - lots of water under the bridge in the years since.

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why does Robbored get such a hard time on here? I for one, enjoy his posts and think, at times, he gets unfair stick.

You carry on as you are Robbored. ?

Thank you SJ and I simply carrying on posting in the same fashion as I always have.

Btw - you’re not alone in enjoying my posts.

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why does Robbored get such a hard time on here? I for one, enjoy his posts and think, at times, he gets unfair stick.

You carry on as you are Robbored. ?

The place definitely wouldn't be the same without him.. he's alright, and equally good for a bit of banter as he is for a few interesting thoughts and insights. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Our defence is a new set of players excepting Kelly and Baker. Two new full backs in Dasilva and Hunt although Pisano in back fit again.

They are more solid than last season with two good footballers in Kalas and Webster. Both are good in the air and comfortable in possession. Both are positionally astute which is why City are much harder to score against.....surely, even you can see that BS4.

Pack deserves a mention for the unfashionable role that he plays.

Thanks for the reply. I thought Flint and Baker was also a formidable partnership at the heart of our defence. And I’ve always rated Pack.

But you said we have conceded less goals this season vs the same teams we played last season and that just isn’t true - as I’ve pointed out with the facts in several posts above.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Right! 

I slagged him off on here.

He got the hump and called me into his office to challenge me.

We ended up talking about the upcoming England match and parted on good terms.

Thats it!

Others claim that other stuff went down but are simply making stuff up. 

No big deal - lots of water under the bridge in the years since.

...was there not an element of confusion over the question of identity during the meeting?   I've often wondered if father has passed down a version of events to his son which has subsequently left LJ slightly paranoid, obsessed even with the identity of BCFC and of his team on the pitch... Many believe he still doesn't know some of his better players and the roles they should play...  

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@BS4 on Tour...

Hodge did an analysis earlier in the thread.. From his analysis we conceded 4 less goals in the equivalent games last season- however this has come and we can all see it, at the expense of goals and midfield control (in the main).

As for the games vs teams who came into this League, it is harder to gauge- a full sample size would be needed in that respect. In terms of the direct equivalents- that's 15 games- 4 less goals conceded.

@Robbored Basically what I'm saying is: Forest (H), Bolton (A) Middlesbrough (H) QPR (A) Sheff Utd (H) Aston Villa (H) Sheff Wed (H) Brentford (A) Hull (H) Reading (A) Preston (H) Leeds (A) Ipswich (A) Millwall (H) Birmingham (A) Norwich (H)

Well it's 16, not 15 but the point still stands. We've conceded 4 less goals than last season across those 16 games. However we've also scored less. Midfield control is probably irrelevant in this context.

Thanks - so I was right to say we’d conceded less goals last season against the same teams that we’ve played this season...cheers

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks for the reply. I thought Flint and Baker was also a formidable partnership at the heart of our defence. And I’ve always rated Pack.

But you said we have conceded less goals this season vs the same teams we played last season and that just isn’t true - as I’ve pointed out with the facts in several posts above.

Actually it is.

Excluding the teams who have come into this League, we have conceded 4 less goals in the other 16 games vs last season.

Forest (H) 1 v 1- Same.

Bolton (A) 2 v 1- One more.

Middlesbrough (H) 2 v 1- One more.

QPR (A)- 0 v 1- One less.

Sheff Utd (H) 0 v 3- Three less.

Aston Villa (H) 1 v 1- Same.

Sheff Wed (H) 2 v 0- Two more.

Brentford (A) 0 v 2- Two less.

Hull (H)- 0 v 5- Five less.

Reading (A)- 3 v 0- Three more.

Preston (H) 1 v 2- One less.

Leeds (A) 2 v 2- Same.

Ipswich (A) 2 v 1- One more.

Millwall (H) 1 v 1- One more.

Birmingham (A) 0 v 2- Two less.

Norwich (H) 2 v 1- One more.

NET TOTAL 4 LESS IN EQUIVALENT GAMES.

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

I've often wondered if father has passed down a version of events to his son which has subsequently left LJ slightly paranoid, obsessed even with the identity of BCFC and of his team on the pitch... Many believe he still doesn't know some of his better players and the roles they should play...  

I doubt if GJ can even remember me.

Otib is full of posters who think they know better than , not only LJ but every previous manager since the introduction of otib. We are after all just football fans and typical of every other football fan......

I have faith that LJ knows his stuff. He’s a student of the game and I’m happy to accept that what he does is in the interests of our club. 

Even if I was disillusioned with LJ I wouldn’t see much point in complaining about it.

Archived