IGNORED

Senior Reds - Steve Lansdown

Robbored

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Maybe he knows who we are signing in January.

Optimism based on realistic chances is fine...but if every team was to play to it's potential with more experience and resources, then I think SL maybe disappointed.

2 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

Yes I was. 

LJ was driving in at 3.30 when were we’re leaving the car park. I guess that was for the meeting after the lunch. 

MA and LJ had their initial recruitment meeting a week it so back.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And you were correct MOP.....Robbored replied with his usual confusing guff.....the defensive record this season to date is worse than last season’s but Robbored knows best and claims it’s better....

It is - check against the same opposition.

5 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Predictable platitudes?

What is it with you pensioners? 

Did anyone ask why if Rovers (you know, your other team) could sack DC and if Man Utd could sack JM why he can’t do the same? With Ashton at the very least?

Were there any probing questions asked or was it an appreciation society sort of meeting?

I’m counting down the years before I can become enrolled..... ?

Hilarious isn't it!

Paying to praise the Holy One whilst tugging their forelocks....

3 yrs left tops before he's gone, and then we can actually think about the Prem.

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

....with an excellent guest speaker (SL) who happens to be one of the best 6 owners in the 92 clubs currently in the league, with one of the most exciting management teams...

Is that an opinion or did I miss a survey? Not knocking SL - never will - just wondering where you got the rating from, as if it’s a personal one you must know all about the other 91....and ‘one of the most exciting management teams’?!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is that an opinion or did I miss a survey? Not knocking SL - never will - just wondering where you got the rating from, as if it’s a personal one you must know all about the other 91....and ‘one of the most exciting management teams’?!

Probably in 442, along with LJ’s 8th best u40 in Europe ?

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I happen to agree with HR. He’s not alone with his opinion.

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok, we conceded 1 against Norwich last season but we conceded 2 against them this season....your argument has fallen down already...

Preston, Villa........just saying......

• Admin

SL has clearly heard that LJ informed everyone at the forum that with a bigger budget he'd walk this league and has suitably loosened the purse strings. Ever the understanding boss, he realises the other teams have had a 23 game head start though so will only be holding Lee to qualifying for the playoffs. Usually I'm not that confident ahead of the playoffs given our inept record but with our future PL winning head coach at the helm, how can we fail?

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So your ‘check against the same opposition’ post meant ‘just check against PNE and Villa’ - and that is what you are basing your ‘our defence is better this season than last season’ argument on?! Just based on games against two clubs?! Unbelievable, again, you are truly one deluded individual - you may be just on here to wind people up, if so, job done, well done....if not, you must just enjoy being proved wrong again and again whilst moaning about the tannoy system and GJ.....

49 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I happen to agree with HR. He’s not alone with his opinion.

Preston? At this stage last season we’d conceded 2 goals to PNE as compared to 1 this season....so just one goal difference.... not much to write home about.....I bet you were thinking of the 5-0 defeat at Preston and got the wrong season....

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It is - check against the same opposition.

While the goal difference in those games is 4 better than last season it includes the 5 goals against Hull (where we kept a clean sheet this season) but excludes the 5 goals conceded against Villa. Also if you want to do a comparison of games against relegated clubs from prem/promoted to prem and relegated from champ/promoted to champ we've had 1 home game against a relegated side and 2 away. We've had 2 home games and 1 away games against teams promoted from league 1.

Against the teams relegated from the prem we've conceded 7 goals so far this season, calculating the best case GD and worst case GD from 3 corresponding games of last season, best case we conceded 2 goals (Fulham A, Cardiff A & Fulham or Cardiff H) worst case we conceded 6 (Wolves H&A and Cardiff A). So we're 1 goal worse of last season which makes it 3 goals better off this season before moving onto performances against those in or were in league 1. Against L1 teams we played 2 home 1 away in corresponding fixtures. This season we have conceded 2 goals, best case last season we conceded 1 goal, worst case we conceded 6.

All a bit long winded but its attempting to prove that its easy to say check against same opposition but as said earlier when we include Hull which is a 5 goal swing from last season and don't include Villa then it skews the statistic. In reality our defence is very similar to that of last season at this point, what we're lacking is the same goal threat on a consistent basis.

7 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

So, Steve Lansdown's gonna be upset to finish top 8?

Absolute nonsense.

Well he supposedly said it so I’m guessing yes.

Why do you set different standards than the owner?

Bizarre

(However I think SL is a little delusional, mid table will do me)

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

MA and LJ had their initial recruitment meeting a week it so back.

Hope its better than last years xmas meeting, but expect a couple of loanees that we have never heard of and who will be guaranteed first team starts. This will upset things slightly and we will slide down to a lower half finish.

9 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Hope its better than last years xmas meeting, but expect a couple of loanees that we have never heard of and who will be guaranteed first team starts. This will upset things slightly and we will slide down to a lower half finish.

And a Merry Xmas to you..........

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

Like all City fans, I hope we finish in the top 6 but without a crystal ball, I can’t possibly say for sure.

Really? But you said you hoped @AppyDAZE would come on here in April/May and admit he was wrong after he said he didn't think City would finish in the top 6, or even 8.

So if we don't finish in the top 6/8, and he is therefore proved correct, are you going to come on here and admit you were wrong, because presumably by saying what you did to AppyDAZE you were saying you think we will.

It has to work both ways, you'll surely agree, in which case I'll be very surprised if it isn't you being the one returning to this thread to admit you were wrong.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Really? But you said you hoped @AppyDAZE would come on here in April/May and admit he was wrong after he said he didn't think City would finish in the top 6, or even 8.

So if we don't finish in the top 6/8 are, and he is therefore proved correct, are you going to come on here and admit you were wrong, because presumably by saying what you did to AppyDAZE you were saying you think we will.

It has to work both ways, you'll surely agree, in which case I'll be very surprised if it isn't you being the one returning to this thread to admit you were wrong.

Misreading my post Nogbad? 

The important word in that post is ‘hope’.........followed by ‘I can’t possibly say”. 

Not exactly a prediction as  AppyDays post was.

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We conceded 0 goals against Sheffield Weds last season and we conceded 2 against them this season.....you are deluded....

So why do you just react with a laughing emoji every time you are proved incorrect @Robbored ?!! As you have done with my posts about individual games (eg the one above) proving your ‘defensive record against the same opposition’ argument to be rubbish?! It probably makes you feel more relevant.....and I’m not expecting a constructive reply to this post - you’ll probably just react with another childish emoji....

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So why do you just react with a laughing emoji every time you are proved incorrect @Robbored ?!! As you have done with my posts about individual games (eg the one above) proving your ‘defensive record against the same opposition’ argument to be rubbish?! It probably makes you feel more relevant.....and I’m not expecting a constructive reply to this post - you’ll probably just react with another childish emoji....

Our defence is a new set of players excepting Kelly and Baker. Two new full backs in Dasilva and Hunt although Pisano in back fit again.

They are more solid than last season with two good footballers in Kalas and Webster. Both are good in the air and comfortable in possession. Both are positionally astute which is why City are much harder to score against.....surely, even you can see that BS4.

Pack deserves a mention for the unfashionable role that he plays.

Archived