IGNORED

Senior Reds - Steve Lansdown

Robbored

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Then he wants to get real. This squad WON'T finish top 8, nevemind top 6

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

In your opinion AD...........I hope you’ll come here in April/May and admit you were wrong in December 2018 with less than half the season gone....

So, if you're hoping AD will admit he's wrong in May, you're saying you do think we'll finish at least top 8?

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

Does he actually think the likelihood of finishing above Leeds, Norwich, WBA, Derby, Boro, Villa, Forest, Swansea, Stoke is likely? And would honestly be disappointed if we didn't?

Not sure where he's coming from if he actually thinks that...

Over half the season to go Spudski and SL sees a top six finish as realistic  - based I suspect on what he’s seen in recent games.

He definitely thinks it’s possible for sure. 

Others may completely disagree but none of us have a crystal ball to predict the future..... and I don’t have a problem with optimism.

7 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Remind me......what was said then ?

SL said that Cotterill had told him that he’d ‘got all he could out of the squad’  and SL told us ‘ I don’t believe him’

We glanced at each other across the table and one chap ran his fore finger across his throat and we all knew that Cotterill was doomed and early in the NY he was sacked.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Over half the season to go Spudski and SL sees a top six finish as realistic  - based I suspect on what he’s seen in recent games.

He definitely thinks it’s possible for sure. 

Others may completely disagree but none of us have a crystal ball to predict the future..... and I don’t have a problem with optimism.

Maybe he knows who we are signing in January.

Optimism based on realistic chances is fine...but if every team was to play to it's potential with more experience and resources, then I think SL maybe disappointed.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

added that he’d be disappointed if we don’t finish in the top six - pressure clearly on LJ to produce the goods.......

This is the second time in seven months he has said this. It's weird as I've not heard anyone else with this level of expectation. 

Once we sold our three best players I, like most people on here I could discern, were all saying that midtable would be okay.

The reason I mention this is people lose their mind (a few weeks ago for example) if you express concern about LJ's ability.

My concerns recently, like most people, were when our form resembled a serious slump into the divisions poorest teams.

If it's unthinkable to question him then, how on earth do you think LJ can recover from missing this sort of bold objective.

Or put more simply, the pressure of the expectations of a few frustrated folks on OTIB is nothing compared to SL's targets. 

@Robbored are you sure you or SL didn't have a few too many mulled ciders? You're not supposed to say this stuff out loud. 

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Predictable platitudes?

What is it with you pensioners? 

Did anyone ask why if Rovers (you know, your other team) could sack DC and if Man Utd could sack JM why he can’t do the same? With Ashton at the very least?

Were there any probing questions asked or was it an appreciation society sort of meeting?

I’m counting down the years before I can become enrolled..... ?

To be honest it would have seemed inappropriate at a Christmas lunch to give SL a hard time after he had given up his time to attend. He was very open with the things he was saying particularly about being disappointed if we don’t finish top six. In my opinion with the current squad that is extremely unlikely. Perhaps he knows who we got lined up in January?

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Today’s speaker as he usually is at our pre Xmas luncheon. 

Looked very well, spoke well and took the predictable platitudes of appreciation with good grace. 

Said he feels City are currently in a good position  but added that he’d be disappointed if we don’t finish in the top six - pressure clearly on LJ to produce the goods.......mentioned the defeat at Reading as being “not good enough”.

Likes the solidity of the defence now tho.

Says that the development of the training facilities at Failand have been granted planning permission and the next stage is getting bids in. Probably 2020/21 before it’ll be ready.

No unexpected comments from him today - unlike two years ago......

Always appreciate your insight and updates on Senior Reds sessions Robbored, thank you

10 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

To be honest it would have seemed inappropriate at a Christmas lunch to give SL a hard time after he had given up his time to attend. He was very open with the things he was saying particularly about being disappointed if we don’t finish top six. In my opinion with the current squad that is extremely unlikely. Perhaps he knows who we got lined up in January?

So you were there today then AA. 

SL does usually attend the Xmas lunch - last year was an exception. Iirc we had Jon Lansdown instead.

You’ll remember his opening quip at the beginning of his talk when he said he had a meeting after lunch to “find out what’s going on at the club”........

3 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Thanks for feeding back!

im afraid that selling flint reid and bryan, and replacing them with the likes of watkins adelakun, eisa and hunt, and expecting improvement, is wishful thinking at best. Living in cloud cookoo land at worst

They were adequately replaced. Kalas and Webster, both far better footballers than Flint. Kelly and Dasilva both equal to Bryan and this seasons defensive record is better than last seasons......

Its the goals of Reid that haven’t been replaced - yet.....

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m simply reporting what was said at Senior Reds today Ole.........

I was referring to SL when I commented on what you're not supposed to be saying out loud. Your post was very welcome and insightful, thankyou. (That's what happens when you offer an insight or opinion rather than dismissing someone else's ?

21 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

Lined up in January? To leave? I’m guessing that the old FFP line is being warmed up as I type.

Based on previous windows I don’t think I’ll hold me breath. Remember this year? Jesus Christ.....

And even if we do pull something out of the hat - which I’d say is unlikely based on opportunity and ambition we witnessed this January - you can sure as hell see our 3 Wise Men ******* it up.

If the Roverssssss could see it and the Glasers could see it what’s stopping Mr L? 

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They were adequately replaced. Kalas and Webster, both far better footballers than Flint. Kelly and Dasilva both equal to Bryan and this seasons defensive record is better than last seasons......

Its the goals of Reid that haven’t been replaced - yet.....

After 22 games this season, we have conceded 26 goals; after 22 games last season, we had conceded 23.

Lansdown has always stated he wants to see “progression” year on year. Part of the reason he hasn’t sacked LJ has been due to, overall, seeing steady progression in our final position.

Last season we finished a comfortable 11th and I think, within reason, looking at pushing for the playoffs was/is a reasonable objective.....we can’t expect to finish 10th and then say “they’re you go, progression” 

1/2 quality signings in January (yea, yea I know) and there is no reason why we can’t push hard for the playoffs.....especially as LJ is über confident in his own ability.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

So, if you're hoping AD will admit he's wrong in May, you're saying you do think we'll finish at least top 8?

Like all City fans, I hope we finish in the top 6 but without a crystal ball, I can’t possibly say for sure.

8 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

After 22 games this season, we have conceded 26 goals; after 22 games last season, we had conceded 23.

I appreciate the sentiment but we were second this time last year and absolutely flying. This year we’ve conceded only a few more but have been on one of our bad streaks.

our central defence at the moment is about as strong as i remember in 30 years... pity the midfield and attack is so knackered?!

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So you were there today then AA. 

SL does usually attend the Xmas lunch - last year was an exception. Iirc we had Jon Lansdown instead.

You’ll remember his opening quip at the beginning of his talk when he said he had a meeting after lunch to “find out what’s going on at the club”........

Yes I was. 

LJ was driving in at 3.30 when were we’re leaving the car park. I guess that was for the meeting after the lunch. 

41 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I appreciate the sentiment but we were second this time last year and absolutely flying. This year we’ve conceded only a few more but have been on one of our bad streaks.

our central defence at the moment is about as strong as i remember in 30 years... pity the midfield and attack is so knackered?!

The post I replied to was sentiment; my response was just numbers.

From this good thread I'd like to ask Simon uk to return to gasville and return when he has comments that merit such good feedback on an excellently run group (Senior Reds, well done Pedro) with an excellent guest speaker (SL) who happens to be one of the best 6 owners in the 92 clubs currently in the league, with one of the most exciting management teams.

To say what have replaced our best three players with is just a stupid question suggesting you dont care nor go to matches to see an entirely new back 5.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Today’s speaker as he usually is at our pre Xmas luncheon. 

Looked very well, spoke well and took the predictable platitudes of appreciation with good grace. 

Said he feels City are currently in a good position  but added that he’d be disappointed if we don’t finish in the top six - pressure clearly on LJ to produce the goods.......mentioned the defeat at Reading as being “not good enough”.

Likes the solidity of the defence now tho.

Says that the development of the training facilities at Failand have been granted planning permission and the next stage is getting bids in. Probably 2020/21 before it’ll be ready.

No unexpected comments from him today - unlike two years ago......

Did the nurse come and wipe you all down at nap time ?

Archived