IGNORED

Senior Reds - Steve Lansdown

Robbored

34 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Why does Robbored get such a hard time on here? I for one, enjoy his posts and think, at times, he gets unfair stick.

You carry on as you are Robbored. ?

The 'hard time' Robbo endures is largely self inflicted and provoked by his own posts, so he clearly enjoys it imo. 

I'm pretty sure he's in his element on this thread and others this afternoon and happy as a sandboy.

As long as it doesn't get nasty it seems to me he revels in the banter and attention, so no problem imo.

35 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The 'hard time' Robbo endures is largely self inflicted and provoked by his own posts, so he clearly enjoys it imo

Not entirely so Nogbad. 

Posters will disagree with a post or statement of mine and become personal or drag up age old events from the past in an attempt to belittle me ( as earlier in this thread) but it’s all water off a ducks back to me - I have the skin if a rhino. 

Remember that I spent almost 40 years as a psychiatric nurse and you become accustomed to insults and verbal abuse aimed at you and consequently a thick hide develops. Anyone in my profession will havevdeveloped a similar hide.

It really doesn’t bother me one iota.

And....yep! I do like it on otib. Some insightful  posters, some decent debates and useful information. Even. the ill informed make it ‘interesting’

24 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

As long as it doesn't get nasty it seems to me he revels in the banter and attention, so no problem imo.

But a lot of us don't.

We had a good thread going, which was started by RR, and it ends up with some personal sniping at him and people more intent on trying to wind him up than contribute constructively.  He may have the skin of a rhino and not be bothered, but I for one, find it tiresome.

It's the season of goodwill ffs.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Actually it is.

Excluding the teams who have come into this League, we have conceded 4 less goals in the other 16 games vs last season.

Forest (H) 1 v 1- Same.

Bolton (A) 2 v 1- One more.

Middlesbrough (H) 2 v 1- One more.

QPR (A)- 0 v 1- One less.

Sheff Utd (H) 0 v 3- Three less.

Aston Villa (H) 1 v 1- Same.

Sheff Wed (H) 2 v 0- Two more.

Brentford (A) 0 v 2- Two less.

Hull (H)- 0 v 5- Five less.

Reading (A)- 3 v 0- Three more.

Preston (H) 1 v 2- One less.

Leeds (A) 2 v 2- Same.

Ipswich (A) 2 v 1- One more.

Millwall (H) 1 v 1- One more.

Birmingham (A) 0 v 2- Two less.

Norwich (H) 2 v 1- One more.

NET TOTAL 4 LESS IN EQUIVALENT GAMES.

So,  @Robbored wins by a technical knockout over @BS4 on Tour... on that particular point.

It was better than watching the tele.

It's all a learning curve.

13 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

But a lot of us don't.

We had a good thread going, which was started by RR, and it ends up with some personal sniping at him and people more intent on trying to wind him up than contribute constructively.  He may have the skin of a rhino and not be bothered, but I for one, find it tiresome.

I don't consider any of my input to the thread falls into those categories.

I'm sure we all appreciate the input of (almost) all our fellow OTIB posters and, while often disagreeing, most will be genuinely exchanging good wishes for Christmas in the next few days.

25 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't consider any of my input to the thread falls into those categories.

I'm sure we all appreciate the input of (almost) all our fellow OTIB posters and, while often disagreeing, most will be genuinely exchanging good wishes for Christmas in the next few days.

Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you, just reacting to your point that it is alright for people to pick an argument with him.  I think people get fed up with a lot of the sniping and point scoring on here which goes well beyond the realm of robust debate.

Oh, and a Merry Christmas!

1 hour ago, Drew Peacock said:

But a lot of us don't.

The OTIB 3 kings posters bring posting gold, frank 'n sense and mirth!

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Actually it is.

Excluding the teams who have come into this League, we have conceded 4 less goals in the other 16 games vs last season.

Forest (H) 1 v 1- Same.

Leeds (A) 2 v 2- Same.

Do all those teams have the same players as last season though? I'm guessing not, so Kalas and co are not defending against the same forwards, midfielders, teams as Flint and co, so not sure this comparison tells us anything terribly worthwhile? 

Webster is better with the ball than Flint, few if any would argue with this; other than this, our defensive record is a couple more goals conceded after 22 games this season than last.

However, I would hope that after 46 games, our defensive record is better this season than last. Gonna be messy after Christmas otherwise.

5 minutes ago, reddoh said:

corrected for you.

and have a great Christmas (Just four more sleeps to go unless you are old)

I am old(er) and have had 3 of the sleeps already today!

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Do all those teams have the same players as last season though? I'm guessing not, so Kalas and co are not defending against the same forwards, midfielders, teams as Flint and co, so not sure this comparison tells us anything terribly worthwhile?  

There are variables of course but the point I was making was that our defence this season is better and stronger than last season despite the departure of both Flint and Bryan.

Unfortunately  BS48 decided to argue the point .......:dunno: probably in an effort to prove me wrong...........:cool2:

6 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Webster is better with the ball than Flint, few if any would argue with this; other than this, our defensive record is a couple more goals conceded after 22 games this season than last.

However, I would hope that after 46 games, our defensive record is better this season than last. Gonna be messy after Christmas otherwise.

I think the one telling statistic about our defence is that, until last Saturday, we had not conceded during the last 15 minutes of any game this season.

Conceding late goals has been an achilles heel ( not the only one of course!) for a few seasons so this shows a greater resilience and ability to "manage game" better than in the past.

42 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you, just reacting to your point that it is alright for people to pick an argument with him.  I think people get fed up with a lot of the sniping and point scoring on here which goes well beyond the realm of robust debate.

Oh, and a Merry Christmas!

Cheers Drew.? A very Merry Christmas to you too!??

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Actually it is.

Forest (H) 1 v 1- Same.

Leeds (A) 2 v 2- Same.

Yes, but Robbored specifically said that we have conceded less goals vs individual opponents this season compared to last...his exact words in his post were: “...check against the same opposition...” - so, as your stats above show, he’s wrong when you look at our record against 7 opponents already this season.....you might wanna check what you typed next to Millwall too...

3 hours ago, freezer said:

So,  @Robbored wins by a technical knockout over @BS4 on Tour... on that particular point.

It was better than watching the tele.

It's all a learning curve.

No he doesn’t he got it wrong...we’ve conceded more goals this season after 22 games than we did last season after 22 games...so he’s wrong to say our defence is better this season .....and he said check against the ‘same opposition’ and if you do that we have conceded more goals this season against seven opponents so far than we did last season....so he’s wrong on both counts....

I don't want to get too deep into this particular debate, but I thought we were discussing whether this seasons defence was better than last seasons defence, with regard to goals conceded against matches played against the same teams so far.

If that is the case, and we have conceded fewer goals then isn't that proof?

Please correct me if I'm wrong or missing something, I'm only going on the facts supplied by other posters that in those games that we've conceded less goals.

6 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

You can interpret the stats how you like- we all can.

I just placed them like for like, game for game set against the same fixtures last season.

Even though the goals conceded in those 16 is less, we have also scored less, we are less clinical and of more importance what cannot be measured by stats is that we look like (because we do) we have less control in the midfield.

Taken as a whole, we are weaker- that's clear.

Stats are an interesting thing in general- over the season who has a higher passing accuracy. Kalas or Webster?

Last time I analysed it was the former- however the latter makes more passes and is more progressive with his passing hence he is more eye-catching. Plus he brings the ball out more hence he's the star.

Think if utilised differently though, you have 2 passing centre backs as a pair (Webster and Kalas) albeit one more exciting, dynamic and progressive in their passing range than the other.

Which is fine incidentally- they can compliment each other well and yet both good in possession. To me, 4-3-3 would help with this- perhaps when Walsh and Smith return...

After analysing several stats from many different sources I have deduced it is nearly xmas and I couldn’t give a toss about threads that become yawn-fests.

In my simplistic view we look strong at the back and do not seem to be missing Flint and Bryan defensively but are missing their goals and contributions to goals scored respectively.

We are missing Reid but F the gimp - anybody who does that arrested youth head tap shite can suck my dick and I hop me we never go back so we need a replacement in January of quality.

27 minutes ago, Neo said:

After analysing several stats from many different sources I have deduced it is nearly xmas and I couldn’t give a toss about threads that become yawn-fests.

In my simplistic view we look strong at the back and do not seem to be missing Flint and Bryan defensively but are missing their goals and contributions to goals scored respectively.

We are missing Reid but F the gimp - anybody who does that arrested youth head tap shite can suck my dick and I hop me we never go back so we need a replacement in January of quality.

Statistically there have been 12 threads and 135 posts that have become yawn fests.

This is an increase of 2 threads and 24 posts over the same period last season but a decrease on the season before that, when there were 18 threads and 175 posts that became yawn fests.

Of course , you have to factor in that this time last season we were riding the crest of a wave, while the season before we were just recovering from that record run of defeats. You also have to take into consideration the weather and injuries and suspensions. 

You also have to take into consideration that Robbored contributed 10 times to Yuletide yawn fest threads this season, compared to only 7 times last season , but 19 times the previous season. It is also worth taking into consideration the number of times the expression "johnson out" has featured during yawn fest threads, but statistically this has remained pretty consistent over the last 3 seasons.

In view of this, I'm not sure whether SL should throw money at the January window in order to bring in better quality posters for OTIB, as I think we have a more than adequate championship squad, as I could easily demonstrate statistically - if it weren't Christmas time!

So statistics prove that, like you Neo, I don't give  a toss about threads that become yawn fests! :)

Wishing all our readers a Happy Christmas!

15 minutes ago, Neo said:

Very unusual response I'd have thought. 

9 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Statistically there have been 12 threads and 135 posts that have become yawn fest.

This is an increase of 2 threads and 24 posts over the same period last season but a decrease on the season before that, when there were 18 threads and 175 posts that became yawn fest.

Of course , you have to factor in that this time last season we were riding the crest of a wave, while the season before we were just recovering from that record run of defeats. You also have to take into consideration the weather and injuries and suspensions. 

You also have to take into consideration that Robbored contributed 10 times to Yuletide yawn fest threads this season, compared to only 7 times last season , but 19 times the previous season. It is also worth taking into consideration the number of times the expression "johnson out" has featured during yawn fest threads, but statistically this has remained pretty consistent over the last 3 seasons.

In view of this, I'm not sure whether SL should throw money at the January window in order to bring in better quality posters for OTIB, as I think we have a more than adequate championship squad, as I could easily demonstrate statistically - if it weren't Christmas time!

So statistics prove that, like you Neo, I don't give  a toss about threads that become yawn fest! :)

Wishing all our readers a Happy Christmas!

Top post - original and one the most amusing I’ve read in ages................:laughcont:

Archived