IGNORED

Bristol City v Charlton Athletic Match Day 13

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Because we should’ve scored 3 before their goal.

There really isn’t a middle ground for opinion at the moment is there?

We weren’t great tonight and haven’t been for a little while, but we managed to scrape home. Brilliant.

...but then we scored two after their goal.

Not claiming we were great and there’s nothing wrong with a middle ground for opinion - but saying we had “zero goal scoring threat” when we’ve just won 2-1 is hardly “middle ground” is it.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No we are not - 11 points from 6 home games this season = 1.8 points per home game since the first game this season ... that isn’t “over 2 points per game at home” is it?! 

He said SINCE the first game...

11 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Excellent on the break, with pace up front. 

Got to love it when a side continuously timewastes, especially when against 10 men, and still lose though ?

Don't get me wrong, credit where it's due. Played well away from home, dangerous on the break.

But shove that up your ass you jellied eelleed bunch of Cockney turds 

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No we are not - 11 points from 6 home games this season = 1.8 points per home game since the first game this season ... that isn’t “over 2 points per game at home” is it?! 

You missed a vital word out of that quote oooops

10 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Because we should’ve scored 3 before their goal.

There really isn’t a middle ground for opinion at the moment is there?

We weren’t great tonight and haven’t been for a little while, but we managed to scrape home. Brilliant.

surely the fact we should have scored 3 before their goal shows we have a goalscoring threat?

If we had no threat the chances wouldn't have even happened

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not claiming we were great and there’s nothing wrong with a middle ground for opinion - but saying we had “zero goal scoring threat” when we’ve just won 2-1 is hardly “middle ground” is it.

Your point is taken ??

25 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I saw him in the floor challenging for the ball with the Charlton players kicking shit out of him. 

The bloke they bought from Pompey (name escapes me) sat on the ball and Fam kicked him several times supposedly attempting to play the ball. We'll not appeal 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Eh? So he’s ignoring the huge defeat vs Leeds?! Stats eh? Let’s just take a snapshot of whatever suits a train of thought?! Fair enough! All of this bluster does not retract from the FACT that Bristol City has won 4 of the last 13 home games ...

12 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I said since the first game, so we have 11 points from5 games. So it is over 2 points per game at home, isn’t it?!

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

surely the fact we should have scored 3 before their goal shows we have a goalscoring threat?

If we had no threat the chances wouldn't have even happened

To be precise our the goal scoring threat from our strikers. I appreciate the semantics of the situation, but as an avid football fan, I’m sure you understood my point.

Dont worry James, you are the last person I’ll go down a stats wormhole with ??

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Eh? So he’s ignoring the huge defeat vs Leeds?! Stats eh? Let’s just take a snapshot of whatever suits a train of thought?! Fair enough! All of this bluster does not retract from the FACT that Bristol City has won 4 of the last 13 home games ...

He’s ignoring a defeat against Leeds because he said SINCE we signed the players and you go back into last season for your stats........

Always thought it strange that people go on about the need for a strong defensive partnership, but often ignore the need to have a partnership upfront.

Lummydaze, even The Gas were half decent when they had ‘Smash and Grab’!

With modern football doesn’t necessarily have to be a front two, but you do need a couple of complementary players who are on the same wavelength ...almost telepathic. 

There was the beginnings with a Palmer/Afobe relationship. I’m struggling though with the rest of our attackers to find any ‘pairing’. The closest is Fammy/Eliasson.. but that isn’t  particularly strong. 

Wiemann I have no idea who he should be linking with, Semmenyo just ain’t on the same wavelength with anyone. Rhodri, we’ll have to wait and see.

Just seems to me that our transfer policy and coaching is missing a key trick ... given none of them were attackers, perhaps, that’s not surprising. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Last season is irrelevant. Different playing staff. But I agree should he  have included the Leeds game. But you did quote incorrectly ( your choice to back up your facts) so you are going to have to take the flak

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Which one word did I miss out?!

Since

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He’s ignoring a defeat against Leeds because he said SINCE we signed the players and you go back into last season for your stats........

13 games also a very odd cut off point.

Most form guides use 5 or 6 games, a few use 10, though rarely going across 2 seasons.

As already said in a response to BS4, the home form this season when taken into account with his selective stats show an improvement in our home form anyway.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“Let’s just take a snapshot of whatever suits a train of thought”.....

.....”Bristol City has won 4 of the last 13 home games”

2 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Always thought it strange that people go on about the need for a strong defensive partnership, but often ignore the need to have a partnership upfront.

Lummydaze, even The Gas were half decent when they had ‘Smash and Grab’!

With modern football doesn’t necessarily have to be a front two, but you do need a couple of complementary players who are on the same wavelength ...almost telepathic. 

There was the beginnings with a Palmer/Afobe relationship. I’m struggling though with the rest of our attackers to find any ‘pairing’. The closest is Fammy/Eliasson.. but that isn’t  particularly strong. 

Wiemann I have no idea who he should be linking with, Semmenyo just ain’t on the same wavelength with anyone. Rhodri, we’ll have to wait and see.

Just seems to me that our transfer policy and coaching is missing a key trick ... given none of them were attackers, perhaps, that’s not surprising. 

Wienmann will never link with anyone imo. He runs and runs and runs and finds himself way out of position to make an effective strike partner for anyone. You can't knock the work rate.. some may argue it's great team play, but if you are not linking up with your attack in a cohesive way... Is it really team play? I think that question needs answering as I think it is one of our biggest downfalls.

My summary of tonight is great win but we really need players back so we can rotate that Centre Midfield area. The subs made a difference and woke us up but with Fam now out we will have to use Rodri for the full 90 sooner than we would have liked. He’s also a hothead so needs to curb himself otherwise it’s Semenyo and Watkins left. Semenyo just isn’t ready yet unfortunately. I thought Rowe played well, Pereira was hot and cold, Moore and Williams solid enough, Massengo was knackered and Brownhill was a warrior. o’Dowda? I’m missing what he brings to the party? Palmer did what he does, moment of class to win us the game.

2 minutes ago, TRL said:

Wienmann will never link with anyone imo. He runs and runs and runs and finds himself way out of position to make an effective strike partner for anyone. You can't knock the work rate.. some may argue it's great team play, but if you are not linking up with your attack in a cohesive way... Is it really team play? I think that question needs answering as I think it is one of our biggest downfalls.

Afobe ..... did and did Rodri today ...

Archived