IGNORED

Bristol City v Charlton Athletic Match Day 13

Septic Peg

13 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

Best defender, first-choice left back, two quality midfielders and best striker all out injured, does that not have any impact?

Edit: Forgot we also sold our previous best defender and didn’t replace him.

We've been without the best part of £30m worth of players and in Kalas, Nagy and Afobe , what would be the spine of the team.  At this level, how many other teams would be able to cope with losing that many players and of that quality for as long as we have, and yet still be within one win of top spot?

Yes, LJ still makes some strange and unfathomable selections and substitutions but he and the team are getting the job done, even though it might not always  be pretty. When players like Nagy, Kalas and Dasilva return it will be like new signings. The big loss is Afobe, made even more so by FD's sending off, but perhaaps this is the opportunity for Rodri to take his chance.

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Yes, we should have scored more but one first has to hit the target. Weimann and CoD sitters last seen headed Dundry way,  Rodney's short tap-in in front of goal was headed toward The Coopers.  Did their keeper make a save as Bentley was more occupied?

Are you sure you actually watched the game?

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Last five at home since all the new signings:-

W3 D2 L0

...maybe we’re overstating our home form problems a bit.

4 wins from the last 13 home league games .... hate being pessimistic but facts are facts .... yep new signings, but the same coaching team ... we just seem to struggle at home, regularly, tonight was a bonus ...

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Exhausted...and I'm sat at home. Whatever happened to calm measured wins? All bit chaotic...but what a pass for the winner. Wonderful stuff!

I'm also sat at home tonight as been under the weather but the win has bucked me up. Should have scored more, with Weimann and Rodri missing chances, but their keeper made some very good saves. It wasn't a game where either side had control, and we gave the ball away too easily too often, but we're fourth having not hit our best all season. Season's certainly going to be fun and not for those with feint hearts or cardiac conditions. Fam out for 3 should see Rodri get more game time. 

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

How in the hell are we 4th, one win from top spot? 

It’s just an incredibly tight and open division this year I think. We were 10th until the winner.

Still remarkable though given we have so many key players out...imagine this team with Kalas, Dasilva, Nagy and Smith all back in contention...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

4 wins from the last 13 home league games .... hate being pessimistic but facts are facts .... yep new signings, but the same coaching team ... we just seem to struggle at home, regularly, tonight was a bonus ...

So combining the 2 lots of data there it quite clearly shows our home form has improved dramatically.
Facts are facts after all

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Only about five to keep them in it. He had a blinder.

I'll play it back when I get in. Best save of the night was Bentley post his error.

Wholly disagree he played a blinder, we thankfully nicked a result which is all that matters but overall we were poor in the extreme.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Annoying thing is . Yes we created a couple of chances before they scored but didn’t really go for it until we went 1 down.

odowda looked better in midfield after Han went off and we drive at them

thats what we want to see at home. 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

My facts are also facts. Five unbeaten at home with 3 wins since the new-look side took shape. That suggests our home form is improving along with the personnel.

8 minutes ago, 054123 said:

It was hardly convincing was it?

Appreciate all the injuries at the moment and our complete lack of goal scoring threat, so over the moon with any points we can scrape.

On to Cincinnati 

With out current injury list I think it's not so much the how, but the how many that counts the most.

Having said that, for a team at the top end of the table, how long is it since we last played convincingly at Ashton Gate?

Can't believe I've come on here to read some negative comments. Must be some very miserable people out there. Charlton are a very decent side - we showed a hell of a lot of fight out there and Palmer and Rodri's quality had them rocking even with an extra man.

Weimann's energy even into the last 10 minutes when the Charlton players were blowing very impressive too.

Well done City - well deserved win.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s just an incredibly tight and open division this year I think. We were 10th until the winner.

Still remarkable though given we have so many key players out...imagine this team with Kalas, Dasilva, Nagy and Smith all back in contention...

Definitely. The Luton result doesn’t look too bad now with midweek results going our way.

Archived