IGNORED

Team for Brentford

Will b11

33 minutes ago, Will b11 said:

Unchanged team I would go for personally - Bentley , Hunt , Kalas , Williams , Dasilva , Watkins , Brownhill , Nagy , Eliasson , Weimann , Diedhiou 

Keep the defence as it was Sunday but think we need fresh legs in midfield as this will be 3 games in 7 days 

Smith or Massengo to come in for Nagy as we need to have fresh legs for this game. Happy if Watkins starts as thought he did well and gave us an aerial threat 

If LJ goes 352 then we could have Smith, Massengo & Brownhill in midfield I suppose 

5 hours ago, Will b11 said:

Unchanged team I would go for personally - Bentley , Hunt , Kalas , Williams , Dasilva , Watkins , Brownhill , Nagy , Eliasson , Weimann , Diedhiou 

4 hours ago, INCRED said:

Keep the defence as it was Sunday but think we need fresh legs in midfield as this will be 3 games in 7 days 

Smith or Massengo to come in for Nagy as we need to have fresh legs for this game. Happy if Watkins starts as thought he did well and gave us an aerial threat 

If LJ goes 352 then we could have Smith, Massengo & Brownhill in midfield I suppose 

A toss-up for me whether you go same side, but expect to need to refresh players around the hour....or you bring in fresh legs like Smith at the start.

Would stay 442, and let them worry about Eliasson and Watkins.  I posted my reasons elsewhere.

We say all the time let teams worry about us. Same team same approach for me. We lose 4-2 all good for me if we have intent.

Can make a case for rotating 1 or 2 but who? Korey for me is done. Maybe he starts and plays a blinder but I need to see a good game to get back to thinking he can contribute. Maybe Massengo for Nagy Brentford don’t have the largest midfield so think Massengo could compete. 

You could match them but means dropping Fam or Weimann which I am not keen on. So yea all in all I go same team and try to cause same problems we did Luton. 

The only change that’s a possibly is midfield. Smith in for Nagy simply to add some physicality but we don’t know if everyone has recovered fully from the Luton game given the relatively short turn around.

The defence picks itself as do Weimann and Famara.

For me  Id love to see LJ Put A fresh Massengo and Moore into the team , I think it would be ideal to have Massengo in a midfield 3 yes i know we are home

I think we can be as creative aslong as weimann,Eliasson,Hunt and Dasilva start! With Moore playing it out from the back  or no moore and 4 3 3 formation.

So it could either be 3-5-1-1

Weimann

Eliasson

Dasilva Massengo nagy brownhil Hunt

Williams kalas Moore

Bentley

Or 

4-3-3

Eliasson-Fam -Weimann

Massengo brownhil nagy

Dasilva baker williams Hunt

Bentley 

9 hours ago, RedDave said:

Would be madness to play the same team again. Brentford pose unique problems that need to be countered 

I agree and also think we have more depth than some seasons other than upfront, so its silly to not use it during the festive period. 

I'd play...think we need to be more physical against Brentford. They don't like it up em so to speak.

Maybe Smith in centre. With the intention of bringing Eliasson on.

_______________Bents_______________

______Kalas____Williams___Baker_____

Hunt_____Nagy_____HNM_____DaSilva

_____________Brownhill______________

_______Watkins________Weimann_____

On balance, same side but with modified tactics. 

By which I mean more counterattacking, yet with a strong press (medium to high line), and when I say counterattacking I don't mean defensive but positive without the ball. 

Possession if we do this wouldn't be a huge priority..would be quite stupid to try and outpossess etc with this team IMO. 

When I say medium to high press, put the squeeze on when they come into midfield yet throw in occasional bursts of high pressure as and when- see the goal that settled their game v Millwall as a good example! 

I'm all for playing out from the back but that was a nonsense! A gift.

50 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'd play...think we need to be more physical against Brentford. They don't like it up em so to speak.

Maybe Smith in centre. With the intention of bringing Eliasson on...

... when we're losing.

Now where have i seen this before?

Why not just play Eliasson. I really don't get it. Brentford don't leave out that quality winger they have for games against tough opponents do they?

Eliasson is unplayable. Bloody start him LJ. Even if we play 352. He clearly looks quality in any attacking area of the pitch, he's a level above the attacking players we have.

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Why not just play Eliasson. I really don't get it. Brentford don't leave out that quality winger they have for games against tough opponents do they?

Eliasson is unplayable. Bloody start him LJ. Even if we play 352. He clearly looks quality in any attacking area of the pitch, he's a level above the attacking players we have.

I'd play Eliasson if we matched them 433.

15 hours ago, RedDave said:

Would be madness to play the same team again. Brentford pose unique problems that need to be countered 

Very LJ (or indeed a Johnson family trait) to worry about the opposition instead of imposing our style on them. Keep the same team and go for it. Yes, Brentford is a tough game but they're hardly invincible, and because they'll play and not sit it should suit our counter attack style. 

Brentford have lost the most away games in the top half of the Championship (7) - not a great away record by any means.

Six of those by one goal.

Watkins and Mbeumo have scored 65% of their goals.

Keep it tight and get all over Watkins and Mbeumo and jobs a good 'un.

23 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Very LJ (or indeed a Johnson family trait) to worry about the opposition instead of imposing our style on them. Keep the same team and go for it. Yes, Brentford is a tough game but they're hardly invincible, and because they'll play and not sit it should suit our counter attack style. 

By go for it, could you define?

Do you mean go for it attacking wise, do you mean go for it in terms of a basketball game- ie we attack, you attack, try and dominate the ball- could you be a bit more specific in the ideal tactical blueprint?

Worth noting as well that only 40-45% of Championship games have resulted in a home win this season.

@bcfc01 Feels like a possible draw tomorrow to me, but the 7 away losses gives hope...they've won 5, drawn 1 and lost 7...conceded a shade under a goal a game on the road though!

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Do you mean go for it attacking wise, do you mean go for it in terms of a basketball game- ie we attack, you attack, try and dominate the ball- could you be a bit more specific in the ideal tactical blueprint?

Worth noting as well that only 40-45% of Championship games have resulted in a home win this season.

Play on the front foot and, to use a basketball analogy, adopt a high court press. Brentford like to play out from the back and can be caught out as Millwall showed. 

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Play on the front foot and, to use a basketball analogy, adopt a high court press. Brentford like to play out from the back and can be caught out as Millwall showed. 

If we play the same team as Sunday though, I suspect we'll have <50% possession. If we're fine with that then I'm inclined.

High press? I'd use more sparingly personally however a good weapon, the medium press though, yeah 100%...but the goal they conceded to Millwall, yes credit where it's due but that was a gift- I doubt they'll piss about to that extent again! Just watched some highlights, my assertion was a bit damning but still Brentford were somewhat culpable in it!

On a general note, I feel we don't sufficently press, regardless of opposition.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@bcfc01 Feels like a possible draw tomorrow to me, but the 7 away losses gives hope...they've won 5, drawn 1 and lost 7...conceded a shade under a goal a game on the road though!

They seem to be a boom or bust side away from home.

Hope its bust tomorrow but, like you, I think a draw is on the cards.

Given the ridiculous odds for a City win though, I'll be having a few quid on that.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Gonna be interesting for the commentator tomorrow:

Dasilva v Dasilva

Watkins v Watkins

Ha. It was bad enough listening to radio bristol commentary when every players name it different. Much of the time you'd be left guessing which team scored for a few seconds (*). Luckily now for those of us not travelling to away games we have alternate means of keeping up.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Maybe Smith in centre. With the intention of bringing Eliasson on.

I probably agree with you with the forwards. Fam looked absolutely knackered near the end before being subbed.

Also Nagy looked absolutely knackered and I'm surprised he wasn't subbed. I really hope he doesn't start as he really struggled recently with 3 games in a week.

Bentley

Pereira.  Kalas   Williams  Dasilva 

Smith  Massengo 

Brownhill.   Weimann    Eliasson 

Watkins 

All about getting at their midfield when they have the ball. That's a side with very high work rate and a nice balance imo.

Play Weimann a bit deeper, but can obviously be changed to a 442 as well. 

19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I probably agree with you with the forwards. Fam looked absolutely knackered near the end before being subbed.

Also Nagy looked absolutely knackered and I'm surprised he wasn't subbed. I really hope he doesn't start as he really struggled recently with 3 games in a week.

Bentley

Pereira.  Kalas   Williams  Dasilva 

Smith  Massengo 

Brownhill.   Weimann    Eliasson 

Watkins 

All about getting at their midfield when they have the ball. That's a side with very high work rate and a nice balance imo.

Play Weimann a bit deeper, but can obviously be changed to a 442 as well. 

We all know we will never guess a LJ team selection. ?

Brentford play well against teams who try to match them technically.

Against a physical side with an Airial threat they suffer.

I don't see Famara as an Airial threat...Weimann and Watkins I do.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

We all know we will never guess a LJ team selection. ?

Brentford play well against teams who try to match them technically.

Against a physical side with an Airial threat they suffer.

I don't see Famara as an Airial threat...Weimann and Watkins I do.

I only would not play Diedhiou because he looked tired last game which was only a few days ago. But usually I'd say he is far more an aerial threat than those 2. He is taller and stronger and gets up well.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I only would not play Diedhiou because he looked tired last game which was only a few days ago. But usually I'd say he is far more an aerial threat than those 2. He is taller and stronger and gets up well.

I don't see him as a threat airially in the box. His positioning is poor...the cross has to be pin point to him. He seldoms gets across his man or adjusts his run accordingly. Watch Weimann and what Watkins have shown in the box...correct movement, positioning, pro active rather than reactive.

Famara will win a header in midfield, he'll also win headers when defending set pieces. He likes a ball at him.

38 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I probably agree with you with the forwards. Fam looked absolutely knackered near the end

No chance that Famara won’t start - unless he’s injured. His aerial ability is very valuable in both boxes. LJ has stated several times just how useful Fam is when defending corners and set pieces .

The only possible change I can see could be in midfield. 

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't see him as a threat airially in the box. His positioning is poor...the cross has to be pin point to him. He seldoms gets across his man or adjusts his run accordingly. Watch Weimann and what Watkins have shown in the box...correct movement, positioning, pro active rather than reactive.

Famara will win a header in midfield, he'll also win headers when defending set pieces. He likes a ball at him.

He's scored probably most of his goals with his head from crosses.

He's too big to be really sharp, but he is very good at winning a header and being a nuisance. Much better with a floated cross than one with pace.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No chance that Famara won’t start - unless he’s injured. His aerial ability is very valuable in both boxes. LJ has stated several times just how useful Fam is when defending corners and set pieces .

If he's 100% sharp and at his best then play him. I always thought he has struggled to look the same player a few days after a game. But then maybe his fitness has improved.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Exactly... he's brilliant at defending set pieces.

Useless at attacking set pieces in the opposition's box though ??

He'd make a fantastic CB ??

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

He's scored probably most of his goals with his head from crosses.

He's too big to be really sharp, but he is very good at winning a header and being a nuisance. Much better with a floated cross than one with pace.

He needs about 10 pin point crosses, out swingers that are floating away from the keeper to score. As a forward at this level he needs to do better.

He's not big... he's skinny as a rake. He looks deceptive on the pitch size wise. Afobe is big. Famara is tall and skinny.

I don’t know which is the best  team to pick tomorrow. Thought the team against Luton did ok, but can understand changing personnel and formation against a side that play very differently to Luton and with far more confidence . That’s what the manager is very well paid for. That’s why he’ll be slaughtered by the Keyboard Warriors if we lose and lorded if we win. A bit of luck on our side and I think we’re good enough to beat them but a draw most likely result . 

15 minutes ago, spudski said:

He needs about 10 pin point crosses, out swingers that are floating away from the keeper to score. As a forward at this level he needs to do better.

He's not big... he's skinny as a rake. He looks deceptive on the pitch size wise. Afobe is big. Famara is tall and skinny.

He is very strong which is all that matters. Don't think he'd make a good centre back though! Seen him trying to deal with wingers one on one and he really looks like a striker trying to defend.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He is very strong which is all that matters. Don't think he'd make a good centre back though! Seen him trying to deal with wingers one on one and he really looks like a striker trying to defend.

Funny how everyone sees things differently. I actually don't think he's that strong. He backs into a defender, then starts holding on. He usually then falls over or sometimes wins a free kick. Stats prove this.

He seldom wins a clean header, and I can't remember one that actually went to a team mate. He'll win a dual, but it could go anywhere.

Not often CBs are having to deal with wingers...full backs and DMs generally do that job.

Afobe is strong...so is Watkins. They win balls cleanly. Because they have ingrained technical body positioning. The correct positioning.

Watching Famara receive a ball, is like watching an Octopus falling out of a tree.

9 minutes ago, redapple said:

I don’t know which is the best  team to pick tomorrow. Thought the team against Luton did ok, but can understand changing personnel and formation against a side that play very differently to Luton and with far more confidence . That’s what the manager is very well paid for. That’s why he’ll be slaughtered by the Keyboard Warriors if we lose and lorded if we win. A bit of luck on our side and I think we’re good enough to beat them but a draw most likely result . 

Agree with this post. The heart wants to go with the XI that produced our best performance of the season but the head says we should rest a few. If I had to put money on it I'd expect a few rotations tomorrow, with more wholesale changes (and possibly a debut or two) against Shrewsbury at the weekend. 

With apologies, a minor pedant's note - when describing someone as "lauded" the word is as I've spelt it. It's derived from the Latin "laude" meaning honour or praise. See also "he graduated magna cum laude". I suspect in 50 years time it will be indistinguishable in the way people now muddle "less" and "fewer".

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Funny how everyone sees things differently. I actually don't think he's that strong. He backs into a defender, then starts holding on. He usually then falls over or sometimes wins a free kick. Stats prove this.

He seldom wins a clean header, and I can't remember one that actually went to a team mate. He'll win a dual, but it could go anywhere.

Not often CBs are having to deal with wingers...full backs and DMs generally do that job.

Afobe is strong...so is Watkins. They win balls cleanly. Because they have ingrained technical body positioning. The correct positioning.

Watching Famara receive a ball, is like watching an Octopus falling out of a tree.

@JonDolman In support of @spudski - compare Fam and Massengo when receiving a ball, compare how they use their bodies to shield and deflect opponents. Fam must have several inches and at least a stone on Han-Noah, but the younger man is far better coached to use his frame to protect. Neither is perfect but it's an aspect of Massengo's game that I really enjoy watching.  

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think he is strong but agree that he really isnt that good in the air.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst tempting to stick with a winning team, we need at least 5 in the middle of the park tomorrow, so I'm pretty sure Lee will go with a 3 5 1 1 formation.

Against Brentford, we definitely need an extra body in midfield. I would also drop Fam to the bench to bring on as an impact substitute (although not the impact he had against Charlton at home), give Nagy a break and bring in both Massengo and Smith, along with Brownhill in a midfield 3. Ideally we need 2 up front to chase down their defenders and not give them space. I don’t think Eliasson has it in him, nor does Palmer, so it could be Weimann and Rodri up front, especially as Semenyo was useless at doing this the last few times he started. Controversial I know, but it’s not like second guessing LJ is easy!

12 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Agree with this post. The heart wants to go with the XI that produced our best performance of the season but the head says we should rest a few. If I had to put money on it I'd expect a few rotations tomorrow, with more wholesale changes (and possibly a debut or two) against Shrewsbury at the weekend. 

With apologies, a minor pedant's note - when describing someone as "lauded" the word is as I've spelt it. It's derived from the Latin "laude" meaning honour or praise. See also "he graduated magna cum laude". I suspect in 50 years time it will be indistinguishable in the way people now muddle "less" and "fewer".

Thank you for the lesson. I’d like to say it was a typo, or a careless mistake but no it was a phrase I was unsure about but have got lazy over Christmas and couldn’t be arsed to check out !

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

He is up against huge centre backs so he must be strong to manage to hold it up. We saw what we were like against Swansea when Weimann and Szmodics were both so easily outmuscled when up against their centre backs. Fam usually copes with the physical battle no problem.

21 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

@JonDolman In support of @spudski - compare Fam and Massengo when receiving a ball, compare how they use their bodies to shield and deflect opponents. Fam must have several inches and at least a stone on Han-Noah, but the younger man is far better coached to use his frame to protect. Neither is perfect but it's an aspect of Massengo's game that I really enjoy watching.  

Massengo is up against midfielders who are surely nowhere near as strong as the centre backs Diedhiou is up against.

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He is up against huge centre backs so he must be strong to manage to hold it up. We saw what we were like against Swansea when Weimann and Szmodics were both so easily outmuscled when up against their centre backs. Fam usually copes with the physical battle no problem.

Massengo is up against midfielders who are surely nowhere near as strong as the centre backs Diedhiou is up against.

The only time he wins a ball cleanly is when he drops deeper into midfield and gives himself space away from the defender. In doing this he sets up play, unfortunately it's too deep and becomes ineffective as he rarely sprints to get forward into a penetrating position to receive again...the complete opposite to Afobe, who uses strength and technical ability. You'll also see it in Nketiah, but more technical and body position to win, give, turn and go.

Even his stats show he is weak...given as a playing Weakness...

Holding on to the ball
Weak

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

The only time he wins a ball cleanly is when he drops deeper into midfield and gives himself space away from the defender. In doing this he sets up play, unfortunately it's too deep and becomes ineffective as he rarely sprints to get forward into a penetrating position to receive again...the complete opposite to Afobe, who uses strength and technical ability. You'll also see it in Nketiah, but more technical and body position to win, give, turn and go.

Even his stats show he is weak...given as a playing Weakness...

Holding on to the ball
Weak

Not sure where that last bit comes from. His hold up play has been very good recently. If he wasn't strong then he wouldn't be able to hold it up, or chest it down with a player on him or just be a complete nuisance to centre backs. Strength is pretty much his main asset, surely.

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure where that last bit comes from. His hold up play has been very good recently. If he wasn't strong then he wouldn't be able to hold it up, or chest it down with a player on him or just be a complete nuisance to centre backs. Strength is pretty much his main asset, surely.

Because he's been coming deeper.

When close to a defender, he may chest it, head it, hold it for a bit...it's what happens to the ball next. It's very rarely under control, invariably gets intercepted or goes to the opposition and the attack breaks down. He has to win cleanly and give and go in the final third to be a danger...he doesn't. Last bit comes from footy stat site.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Because he's been coming deeper.

When close to a defender, he may chest it, head it, hold it for a bit...it's what happens to the ball next. It's very rarely under control, invariably gets intercepted or goes to the opposition and the attack breaks down. He has to win cleanly and give and go in the final third to be a danger...he doesn't. Last bit comes from footy stat site.

Whether he loses it or not doesn't make him physically weak. If he was weak then he wouldn't be able to chest it down, win the header or hold it up. I can't even imagine he'd be a professional footballer if he wasn't strong. It's his main thing isn't it? He wouldn't be so dominant at defending corners if he wasn't strong.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Whether he loses it or not doesn't make him physically weak. If he was weak then he wouldn't be able to chest it down, win the header or hold it up. I can't even imagine he'd be a professional footballer if he wasn't strong. It's his main thing isn't it? He wouldn't be so dominant at defending corners if he wasn't strong.

He loses the ball after trying to control the ball, because of his positional weakness. He doesn't position his body in the right position to control the ball neatly under pressure. Don't be fooled by backing in and falling over...that doesn't make you strong. As pointed out earlier...look at Massengo, his body position makes him strong, even though he is weaker physically. He is far more effective at holding off an opponent.

Like I said before...Famara wins clean headers when he has space, not being bullied or has a ball coming at him. 

And no...it's not his main thing. He's not known as a holding forward. He's known for dropping deep, making flick on's and strong at dribbling when given space.

In fact Weimann is actually better at holding and retaining a ball with back to goal.

Famara was and never is a target man. Throughout his career he's never played like that.

Like I've said many times before, he doesn't fit our system. He was obviously bought with the intention to develop into what we want...it hasn't worked imo.

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

He loses the ball after trying to control the ball, because of his positional weakness. He doesn't position his body in the right position to control the ball neatly under pressure. Don't be fooled by backing in and falling over...that doesn't make you strong. As pointed out earlier...look at Massengo, his body position makes him strong, even though he is weaker physically. He is far more effective at holding off an opponent.

Like I said before...Famara wins clean headers when he has space, not being bullied or has a ball coming at him. 

And no...it's not his main thing. He's not known as a holding forward. He's known for dropping deep, making flick on's and strong at dribbling when given space.

In fact Weimann is actually better at holding and retaining a ball with back to goal.

Famara was and never is a target man. Throughout his career he's never played like that.

Like I've said many times before, he doesn't fit our system. He was obviously bought with the intention to develop into what we want...it hasn't worked imo.

Weimann is far more mobile and energetic, but there's no comparison when it comes to physical strength imo between him and Fam.

Let's agree to disagree on this one.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

I know this sounds a bit weird, but he wears massive shorts that make him look bigger.  Having been around him a few times, he’s not dissimilar in build to Wilbs, he’s quite lithe (is that the right word?).

1 hour ago, spudski said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Re both of your posts, having played CB most of my playing days and then having a spell up top, predominantly as a target man ‘ back to goal, the most important thing is not strength....but timing, being on your toes, balance, etc.  There were times when I could be being marked by Giant Haystacks, but if I got the ball played into me with me either just coming off my marker, or conversely on the move but backing in, I could fend off any challenge.  Get the ball into me out of sync, either stood still or off balance because I was feeling for my man, I was a sitting duck 1) to miscontrol it 2) get whacked 3) lose balance.  That’s Fam too often.  Mainly because he reactionary.  It’s why (on even limited minutes), small players like Rodri can “hide it” from big ugly CBs.

I obviously didn’t play at anything near Champ level, but the level was high enough for the same principles to apply, and for a lot of ex-pros to be around to learn from.

Even LJ talked about Fam being in-sync on Sunday, and it making a huge difference.

24 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Same team as last game, we did well. As another poster sad: let them be worried about us.

Agree with the sentiment...and I'm inclined to agree with the point- but I'm unsure...

Because, what good is that though if we're chasing shadows in midfield? Which could happen- I remember the two games against Brentford in 2017/18- they battered us twice. First game we scored early and got a late, late equaliser up there. 2nd game we set up wrong, they played very well and it was 1-0 going on 3 or 4!

Still, on balance agreed- stick with the same side but maybe tweak the tactics a bit.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know this sounds a bit weird, but he wears massive shorts that make him look bigger.  Having been around him a few times, he’s not dissimilar in build to Wilbs, he’s quite lithe (is that the right word?).

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Re both of your posts, having played CB most of my playing days and then having a spell up top, predominantly as a target man ‘ back to goal, the most important thing is not strength....but timing, being on your toes, balance, etc.  There were times when I could be being marked by Giant Haystacks, but if I got the ball played into me with me either just coming off my marker, or conversely on the move but backing in, I could fend off any challenge.  Get the ball into me out of sync, either stood still or off balance because I was feeling for my man, I was a sitting duck 1) to miscontrol it 2) get whacked 3) lose balance.  That’s Fam too often.  Mainly because he reactionary.  It’s why (on even limited minutes), small players like Rodri can “hide it” from big ugly CBs.

I obviously didn’t play at anything near Champ level, but the level was high enough for the same principles to apply, and for a lot of ex-pros to be around to learn from.

Even LJ talked about Fam being in-sync on Sunday, and it making a huge difference.

Totally agree mate.

And you are right...Famara is like a tall long distance runner in build.

I can agree to Disagree with @JonDolman we all have opinions and I appreciate his, as they are always done in a civil way.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Totally agree mate.

And you are right...Famara is like a tall long distance runner in build.

I can agree to Disagree with @JonDolman we all have opinions and I appreciate his, as they are always done in a civil way.

Yep @JonDolman always polite (even if I’m not back, but did say sorry to him yesterday, didn’t I Jon ?)

5 hours ago, spudski said:

Loved that but why did it climb it in the first place or is this like a whale and a bowl of petunias 

5 hours ago, TammyAB said:

You must be mad.

Medium to long term I can see why. By dint of a combo of age and attributes these 2 are best suited to the higher line. 

As of now though, in a playoff push? Gotta play Williams IMO. If we were marooned in midtable going nowhere I'd be keen to build but as it stands, we have to compete.

rekon we might see a leftfield team from lee,  4 2 3 1 again maybe

bentley

hunt,kalas,williams,dasilva

nagy,Massengo

weimann,browny,elliason.

fammy

he will be finding a way to get elliason on from the start.

myself

3-5-2

baker, kalas,williams

hunt, Massengo,nagy,brownhill, dasilva.

weimann, fammy

cant go 4 4 2 v brentford, they usually out play us .

can allways put elliason on 2nd half.

watkins had cramp from 60 mins v luton, bench for hm.

Archived