IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

Aimee Palmer was the featured guest on last night's Sound of the City with Geoff Twentyman. Decent interview that lasted the first half of the show, and there was also a shout out for the coach arranged for supporters to attend the away game at Charlton at the end of the month, which I'm pleased about...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0d2nnf1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Vote cast.

Having just watched the highlights from Sheff.Utd game, Hayles 1st goal surely had to be in the October's goal of the month options. Great individual goal.

• Like 2

This may be a silly question, but I thought it the best place to ask, how does the season ticket card work? Do I just show the card instead of a printed ticket, when entering hpc?  And is that the same for games at Ashton gate or is there something different? 

Season cards are normally checked visually at the HPC by a steward at the entrance. Games at AG will require the owner to obtain a ticket (at no extra cost for League/Conti group games) beforehand. Card holders will naturally have the pick of the best Lansdown seats - ones with padding!

• Like 1

• Admin
16 hours ago, rilex said:

This may be a silly question, but I thought it the best place to ask, how does the season ticket card work? Do I just show the card instead of a printed ticket, when entering hpc?  And is that the same for games at Ashton gate or is there something different? 

Hi @rilex, I've removed your question from the Q&A section as it has been answered above 

• Like 1

Another quality performance by the girls! Really impressed with the dynamic way the team transitions from defence to attack. At the heart of that is Aimee Palmer, who was instrumental in most of City's work today. When the opposition run out of ideas, she will be closest to the back line and demanding the ball off them. Once in possession it's either laid off quickly of she will use the space to push up the field. The front players know that and are looking for a killer ball. Those front players have all the talent, pace and hunger to get a shot away most of the time. Emma Symes was a key midfielder tidying up loose passes and springing forward - and hit another sweet strike from the edge of the box low into the corner. It was a constant theme today that Palace were unable to make much progress and City were going forward in waves.

Hayles is beginning to shine, holding up the ball or bursting into the box, causing headaches for the defenders. Harrison is clearly a level above and can operate in several roles. Out wide, Morgan's pace worries everyone and that helps to stretch the back line across the pitch. These players are difficult to deal with, and opponents have to be worried.

Defensively, City were not really pressured much, as we had a big advantage with possession. However, when needs arose Naomi Layzell was superb in cutting out movements and making some crunching tackles. I am beginning to liken her to Leah Williamson in that she has a calmness about her, going about her job smoothly. Quite a talent at only 18 years old.

The score does not really do justice to the domination. I lost count of the number of times we had a clear shot and invariably hit Palace keeper Kitching squarely. Had she not had a charmer of a game the score might well have hit double figures. Palmer also smacked the bar with a free-kick from outside the box. All in all, another very impressive display by a side that has all the ingredients and is sitting on top of the league thus far. Good to see over 600 at the HPC despite the wet weather too!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Erithacus said:

Another quality performance by the girls! Really impressed with the dynamic way the team transitions from defence to attack. At the heart of that is Aimee Palmer, who was instrumental in most of City's work today. When the opposition run out of ideas, she will be closest to the back line and demanding the ball off them. Once in possession it's either laid off quickly of she will use the space to push up the field. The front players know that and are looking for a killer ball. Those front players have all the talent, pace and hunger to get a shot away most of the time. Emma Symes was a key midfielder tidying up loose passes and springing forward - and hit another sweet strike from the edge of the box low into the corner. It was a constant theme today that Palace were unable to make much progress and City were going forward in waves.

Hayles is beginning to shine, holding up the ball or bursting into the box, causing headaches for the defenders. Harrison is clearly a level above and can operate in several roles. Out wide, Morgan's pace worries everyone and that helps to stretch the back line across the pitch. These players are difficult to deal with, and opponents have to be worried.

Defensively, City were not really pressured much, as we had a big advantage with possession. However, when needs arose Naomi Layzell was superb in cutting out movements and making some crunching tackles. I am beginning to liken her to Leah Williamson in that she has a calmness about her, going about her job smoothly. Quite a talent at only 18 years old.

The score does not really do justice to the domination. I lost count of the number of times we had a clear shot and invariably hit Palace keeper Kitching squarely. Had she not had a charmer of a game the score might well have hit double figures. Palmer also smacked the bar with a free-kick from outside the box. All in all, another very impressive display by a side that has all the ingredients and is sitting on top of the league thus far. Good to see over 600 at the HPC despite the wet weather too!

Haven’t seen anything but highlights this season, but palmer’s injury at the back end of last season was a huge loss.  Glad to hear she’s back playing well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Glad to hear she’s back playing well

Yes, Palms is an all-action sort of player. After that nasty injury it would be understandable if she was a little reticent in making any solid contact, but she loves a cruncher! Clearly no flashbacks or fear about injuries at all.

37 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Looked at the match report & saw that I ended up in one of the photos in the gallery

No sign of the drum though!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Just watched the highlights. Shocking defending from CP, especially in the first half.

I am only going by the highlights, but I was shocked at the difference in fitness and athleticism between the two teams, I am wondering who Palace had beaten up to that point to be 4th in the table. 

It looked like a men's FA Cup game between a Prem side and a team from National League South.

Palace have been on a bit of a blip recently, having lost 2-0 to Sunderland a week before, and of course losing 4-0 to City in the Conti Cup (when both teams had a changed side).
I appeared on a Palace fan podcast to preview the game from a City perspective, and even the Palace fans I was chatting with weren't too optimistic.
Fair play to the fan(s) who brought loads of flags with them...

• Like 1