IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Be interesting to see what the attendance is today. When I logged on last night they were wanting £11 for an adult ticket. So one less sell to them.

(edit: Looks like a decent turn out from the stream.)

I thought tickets were £8 for all the women's matches. Was that £11 potd?

Over 700 at the HPC - good turnout and above last season's average. It will interesting to see how many are tempted to come to the Gate when the girls play Southampton on Sept 25th. Did notice long queues on the road for the carparking.

Overall a good if not sparkling performance; Rovers had little grip on the game for long periods and were kept on the back foot, largely due to City's sharpness and workrate. I thought Bruce did a sterling job at the back, Symes was a vital link player in the middle and Hayles up front showed some lively touches. Given the dominance I was hopeful the Robins would get a few more in the second half but things seemes to fizzle out at times.

Good to see Palms get a runout late on. The way she went into a few challenges suggests that she is not worried about her injury, and it will be good to see how she integrates with Symes in the engine room.

• Like 1

A very good turnout yesterday - the biggest at the RHPC since the HerGameToo sponsored game against Charlton in January. Hopeful there'll be just as many numbers going through the season. Was great to see supporters standing on all four sides (or at least three sides & behind the goal where the new Family Area is). Shame that the game isn't on FA Player yet as I want to watch back to hear the singing (and brief drumming!) I took part in.

City second now in the league ahead of the somewhat-mistimed international break...

DSC_9881.JPG

DSC_9882.JPG

DSC_9883.JPG

DSC_9884.JPG

DSC_9885.JPG

DSC_9886.JPG

DSC_9887.JPG

DSC_9888.JPG

DSC_9889.JPG

DSC_9890.JPG

DSC_9891.JPG

8 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

A very good turnout yesterday - the biggest at the RHPC since the HerGameToo sponsored game against Charlton in January. Hopeful there'll be just as many numbers going through the season. Was great to see supporters standing on all four sides (or at least three sides & behind the goal where the new Family Area is). Shame that the game isn't on FA Player yet as I want to watch back to hear the singing (and brief drumming!) I took part in.

City second now in the league ahead of the somewhat-mistimed international break...

I watched about 25 minutes of the second half and could hear the drums and singing quite clearly.

It didn't sound like there were too many joining in, but it was pretty constant and seemed to be songs for most of the players.

I bet it's great for them, without meaning to sound condescending, for there to be a bit of an atmosphere, a larger than normal attendance and hearing the drums and people singing songs supporting them. I expect it gives them a huge boost mentally.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Only watched about 15 mins, but was impressed with Hayles. She shows well for the ball, looks like she has a good turn of pace too.  Felt we needed someone to provide better support with Abi.

I was impressed with Layzell. Liked a strong tackle and seemed composed on the ball once she had won it.

• Like 2

Just now, grifty said:

I watched about 25 minutes of the second half and could hear the drums and singing quite clearly.

It didn't sound like there were too many joining in, but it was pretty constant and seemed to be songs for most of the players.

I bet it's great for them, without meaning to sound condescending, for there to be a bit of an atmosphere, a larger than normal attendance and hearing the drums and people singing songs supporting them. I expect it gives them a huge boost mentally.

So good theyve now got advert boards around the outside too…makes it look a proper ground.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Only watched about 15 mins, but was impressed with Hayles. She shows well for the ball, looks like she has a good turn of pace too.  Felt we needed someone to provide better support with Abi.

Exactly. I thought Harrison & Johnson would have been a dominant partnership all of last season, but due to the latter's injuries, it didn't quite fully work out.

22 hours ago, grifty said:

Appreciate the feedback! When I first started going to City Women games (at Stoke Gifford Stadium), I inadvertently was in the area with singing supporters. Fast forward a few years later; most are still there, but as someone who goes to occasionally watch the men home & away I want to help recreate (the good parts) of that atmosphere. The singing & drumming is still a work in progress - but I hope it will catch on. Some of the songs are somewhat niche/newish, but we always try to incorporate general City songs too.

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

So good theyve now got advert boards around the outside too…makes it look a proper ground.

Exactly! 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

On 29/08/2022 at 22:07, Davefevs said:

So long as they don't install those terrible video jobs like at the Gate.

I am looking at the longer term future when the club has to build new stands and seats - that'll be real progress.

On 31/08/2022 at 09:20, Davefevs said:

The tv tower is similar too.

Noted Anita Asante spent a lot of time up there, doubtless making observations. A spy in the sky?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Noted Anita Asante spent a lot of time up there, doubtless making observations. A spy in the sky?

Was wondering where she was on the touchline! ?

11 hours ago, miser said:

We will have a problem if we get promoted. The HPC is probably good for 1200 max.

As per what @Erithacussaid before, I'd expect more stands/seats to be built at RHPC.

Also, I'd expect in the WSL to have more games at Ashton Gate, or at least more than the three planned this season.

• Admin
11 hours ago, miser said:

We will have a problem if we get promoted. The HPC is probably good for 1200 max.

I was going to ask @shahanshahan his thoughts about this too

Reading the post shared above how the visiting fan mentioned that the stand looked full 30 minutes before kick off, if these numbers keep up there are surely going to be problems when the weather turns over the winter?

Apart from the stand the rest of the ground seems to have no cover against the elements at all, it could be a massive faux pas by the club if people are put off from attending purely because the facilities can't cope with higher crowds.

I know if it was a wet afternoon, I would be thinking twice about attending if I knew I was going to be stood out on an open touchline.

I wonder if there are any plans to get any temporary stands sorted? I know from a mate at Weston Hornets RFC how easily this can be resolved

On 02/09/2022 at 10:55, phantom said:

I know if it was a wet afternoon, I would be thinking twice about attending if I knew I was going to  wonder if there are any plans to get any temporary stands sorted? I know from a mate at Weston Hornets RFC how easily this can be resolved

Would depend if the club would want to sort that out. Although I'm getting bad memories of Rovers and their tents/temp stands ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I thought this was an odd statement for the club to make 

Often players are just referred to as not being fit etc (just look at the silence around Tomas Kalas) 

Screenshot_20220906-121656_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wonder whether it's because she's in hospital and so likely to be seen by the public there and so it's known it's not 'a football injury', whereas other injuries, like Tomas Kalas', are treated in house and so details don't need to be given. This way the club have helped to explain a bit and cut down wild speculation, without giving too many details?

Wishing her a speedy recovery (and for her family) and thanks to all the great folk in our hospitals

• Like 1
  • Robin 3

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Try Again coatpile said:

I wonder whether it's because she's in hospital and so likely to be seen by the public there and so it's known it's not 'a football injury', whereas other injuries, like Tomas Kalas', are treated in house and so details don't need to be given. This way the club have helped to explain a bit and cut down wild speculation, without giving too many details?

Wishing her a speedy recovery (and for her family) and thanks to all the great folk in our hospitals

That's a very sensible and logical answer, and certainly makes sense @Try Again coatpile

• Like 2