IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL

Leveller

I can see the pros & cons of the club not streaming anymore.
There's the argument of that it would encourage supporters to attend the matches, however there's also the argument of it (and other league matches) not being streamed when you have, for example, every match in the WSL that isn't selected for TV coverage gets streamed live on the FA Player.

The FA Player were showing every Championship game live for the first two weeks - but conveniently this was when the WSL hadn't started yet so there was the resource to do so.

Edited by shahanshahan

Tougher game than I had thought today, as Sunderland were pretty resilient and difficult to break down. Having said that, some City players looked a little out of sync at times and our game lacked rhythm, leading to a bit of an impass.  Some good performances from Palmer (until subbed) and Syme in the middle, and the defence was in determined mood, thankfully, as the Black Cats almost got a late equaliser. Our subs came on and immediately lifted the tempo.

Crowd of 500 - perhaps some fans would have been playing today as the seasons are now underway.

But bottom line: another win, another clean sheet. We're not unhappy about that at all!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

How's it going @shahanshahan?

Pretty good, thanks! Sorry, I don't get push notifications for OTIB.

I think the other comments before this one echo the feeling of today. Special thanks to Southampton for beating Crystal Palace today, which made it easier to top the table! Just hope they don't have that same performance next Sunday against us at Ashton Gate

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

How come only the lower Lansdown open for the Southampton game? Isn't it going to make the atmosphere odd, with 3 empty sides of the stadium? 

I would imagine that is based on sales

Much better to have a low crowd sat together than spread around an empty stadium

• Like 1

• Admin
52 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Yes agree to an extent, just thought they could have had lower dolman too, thought I had read somewhere they were hoping for 6K?

I would be very surprised if they get half that

The large crowd against Liverpool last season was more down to the fact when sales started it was first against second with us having an outside chance of catching then, sadly by the day of the game that was no longer likely 

The other thing was the large number there to see "Liverpool" play 

For many of the youngsters there that day they'll never see the mens side in the flesh this was the next best thing 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, old_eastender said:

How come only the lower Lansdown open for the Southampton game? Isn't it going to make the atmosphere odd, with 3 empty sides of the stadium? 

It's been like that for all Ashton Gate games for the last few years. The Liverpool game did have a fair few people sat in the corner of the South/Lansdown Stand & to the left of there.
Doesn't look good when you watch back the footage of the game, as you can't see the fans on camera. But I've heard that because of the advertising LED boards, this is why the camera is where it is (that, and there are no advertising LED boards on the Lansdown Stand side). Maybe fans could sit in the Dolman stand only in the future...

Also, for those not aware & eligible, City Men's Season Ticket holders can claim 50% off tickets when buying tickets online by entering the code 'SAINTS50' at the checkout

Edited by shahanshahan

Lauren Smith & Aimee Palmer were on The Sports Store tonight on BBC Radio Bristol

They discussed the season so far & look ahead to Sunday's game at Ashton Gate. Palmer makes a good point which I forgot, in that she missed both Ashton Gate games last season due to injury & illness.
Lauren Smith also discussed Brooke Aspin, and when asked, she advised that Brooke is back at home but that there'd be a long process before she's playing again.
Also confirmed that Ed Hadwin & Frankie Brown will be doing live commentary for the game, which can be accessed via the BBC Sport website/app...

Segment starts at 37:07
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cxg5bb

Edited by shahanshahan