Private limited Company
Incorporated on
1 August 2002

Accounts overdue

Next accounts made up to 30 June 2023
due by 31 March 2024

Last accounts made up to 30 June 2022

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223

That's currently a £150 fine doubled to £300 as they were late last year.

£750 if they don't file by the end of April.

Max £3k if they go over six months.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/late-filing-penalties/late-filing-penalties

This doesn't mean they're in trouble and the amounts aren't material but it suggests that the back office is a shambles, based on their past behaviour they probably have an unpaid intern trying to make sense of their accounts.

City doesn't file late accounts, Steve as a business man knows the importance of a good back office.

Edit: and double those already doubled fines because the football club subsidiary hasn't filed yet either.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Their accounts are late again.

BRISTOL ROVERS (1883) LIMITED

Company number 04501223

Registered office address
The Memorial Stadium, Filton Avenue, Horfield, Bristol, BS7 0BF
Company status
Active
Company type
Private limited Company
Incorporated on
1 August 2002

Accounts overdue

Next accounts made up to 30 June 2023
due by 31 March 2024

Last accounts made up to 30 June 2022

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223

That's currently a £150 fine doubled to £300 as they were late last year.

£750 if they don't file by the end of April.

Max £3k if they go over six months.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/late-filing-penalties/late-filing-penalties

This doesn't mean they're in trouble and the amounts aren't material but it suggests that the back office is a shambles, based on their past behaviour they probably have an unpaid intern trying to make sense of their accounts.

City doesn't file late accounts, Steve as a business man knows the importance of a good back office.

Edit: and double those already doubled fines because the football club subsidiary hasn't filed yet either.

It's hard to add up the debits and credits when you have to count with 6 fingers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

From a mate of mines FB account, I’ve removed his name to save his shame!
Proper tinpot, a bar in a horse box 😂😂

IMG_1207.jpeg

The horse got sparked out so they thought they may as well make use of his box……..

• Haha 14

2 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

IMG_1207.jpeg

Is that the 'Concourse' that their magnificent new stand was supposed to have?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Their accounts are late again.

Likely to be bad they reckon. The new owners have already said current losses are 'unsustainable', which seems to have been swept under the carpet by the masses. Also won't include the new stand shambles which will have gone way over budget and will be in the 23-24 Accounts. 

and the new owners are supposed to be property developers, what could possible go wrong?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Talking to a gashead this morning and he was moaning about not being able to score against Shrewsbury saying the gas hit the woodwork three times - I told him that it was poor finishing……….……:rofl2br:

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Talking to a gashead this morning and he was moaning about not being able to score against Shrewsbury saying the gas hit the woodwork three times - I told him that it was poor finishing……….……:rofl2br:

Did he greet you " Alright Drive !"

🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 13

I noticed an oddity in that the 2020 and 2021 Confirmation ststemenst have been re-filed.

In the 2021 refiling nothing shows up but in the 2020 refiling there look to have been major changes to the shareholdings of some individuals, the below being the most obvious change.

I assume that is connected to the change of firm being their Company Secretary, who upon taking it over have realised that the register of shareholders is wrong.

Hmm.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history?page=1

image.png

Having mulled over this the likeliest scenario, that the registers weren't kept properly up to date, makes these corrections a non-event.

The correct shareholders haven't missed out on any dividends and any voting rights missed wouldn't have made a difference to Board decisions.

It's also not unknown, I was assigned to update the shareholder register of a very well known listed company and the first thing I was told was not to try to reconcile it as it won't reconcile, this was being worked on as a separate exercise, but just to book the changes.

The company didn't know that its shareholder register was wrong, albeit only in a very small way.

An outside chance though is that there is a more fundamental error in that substantial shareholdings have actually been missed, there will then be a prior year adjustment in the accounts and possibly the last two takeover deals will be revisited. If you paid for a 75% shareholding but only received 70% then you will want some of your money back.

As I say though this is highly unlikely and, if the accounts had actually been filed when they were meant to be filed, then this option could be easily shown to be incorrect.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 22:05, fgrsimon said:

Barnsley also have an FA Cup win

Don't forget one of Rovers major honours - National League runners up 2014-2015

Sincere apologies for being pedantic but they were Vanarama Conference runners up 2014- 2015.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

IMG_1207.jpeg

I mean all joking aside, that is terrible. How anyone can provide "facilities" like this and deem it acceptable is beyond me.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Swede said:

I mean all joking aside, that is terrible. How anyone can provide "facilities" like this and deem it acceptable is beyond me.

I worked with a Plymouth season ticket holder, each season a group of them used to have an away weekend at a game.

One season they were in the same league as Rovers for the first time for a few years and I asked if they were going there, given how close it was.

He said that the facilities for away fans were so poor the last time they had gone that they had decided not to go back there until the ground was rebuilt.

Similarly I went to watch City at Brighton in an evening game when they were still at the Goldstone Ground. It was terrible, the terraces were crumbling to the extent that some had to be roped off for safety and the toilets were swimming in piss. I was never going to go there again, though TBF they were in their last season there as the ground had been sold.

It does make a difference.

• Like 1