IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Any guesses as to what the bucket is for?

20240407_223407.thumb.jpg.1185805663fe6ba9034f63a8ac0f6100.jpg

There’s a hole in me bucket Dear Wally, Dear Wally

With what can I fill it, Dear Taylor, Dear Taylor?

With Sheeds in the away end, Dear Wally, Dear Wally

With what shall I prop up the South Stand roof, Dear Wally, Dear Wally?

With Straw Dear Taylor, Dear Taylor with straw.

• Haha 1

• Admin
12 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Any guesses as to what the bucket is for?

20240407_223407.thumb.jpg.1185805663fe6ba9034f63a8ac0f6100.jpg

I would imagine it is to sort any flares on the pitch, hence why he has boots on so he can run onto the pitch easier

• Like 1

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Super said:

It makes you wonder what goes on in the mind of Barton, though I find it odd someone from higher in the club didn't introduce the backroom team to Barton on his appointment. It seems odd this lad was operating with no comms with Barton - it makes me wonder what he was actually doing?

I'm sure when Barton's employment with Rovers is paid up in January 2025 he will be on his X account sharing his opinions to anyone that will listen

Let's hope his input with Stokes proves to be helpful and not a cunning ploy to get us to sign someone not up to it 

• Like 3

• Admin
4 minutes ago, RedEd73 said:

Posted here as it's relevant to the Gas rather than in the Barton thread. 

He's so endearing! 

Screenshot_20240408_142518_X.jpg

There's no way JB can wait until January to spill the beans lol

The claims of 600+ invoices being unpaid is crazy, I know it had been rumoured about different people awaiting payment, but 600+

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Let's hope his input with Stokes proves to be helpful and not a cunning ploy to get us to sign someone not up to it 

Aside from the fact that despite being a gas head, I’m sure Jamie Hedges remains professional when in contact with other clubs, including City, if his ploy was to get City to sign someone who was not up to it then I’m sure he would have suggested someone other than Josh Stokes.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Aside from the fact that despite being a gas head, I’m sure Jamie Hedges remains professional when in contact with other clubs, including City, if his ploy was to get City to sign someone who was not up to it then I’m sure he would have suggested someone other than Josh Stokes.

I wonder if he has connections at Westerlo

• Haha 1

What’s weird to me is Gaschat is now full of people now slagging Barton off.

The vast majority loved the thug when he was there, absolute revisionism from start to finish.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

38 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I honestly can’t believe Tom Gormidge hasn’t been sacked from that place. It’s truly hilarious the amount he’s overseen that continues to make them an absolute joke

I'm sure I read on gaschat that he had been given the push, just his director resignation form hasn't been filed yet.

When the accounts are finally filed that will show if that is the case as it lists current directors.

Edit: it isn't definitive but covered in this thread.

https://gasheads.org/thread/11776/tom-gorringe-left-building

Edited by Eddie Hitler

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The vast majority loved the thug when he was there, absolute revisionism from start to finish.

I can't quote numbers but there were a lot against him, even to the point of refusing to go, and those supporting him were only doing so because he was the current manager.

When he went there was nothing like the outrage amongst City fans when Nige went.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

If he is being paid until January 2025, he must have signed an NDA, in which case he has broken it by responding to the post's story. 

Not exactly the smartest move, considering he is on gofundme asking for money.

This is a perfect storm for us - Joey revealing how incompetent Rovers are and at the same time making himself look like an even bigger *** than we already thought. Amazing  

Edited by TonyTonyTony
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

One or two have been against him from the beginning.

What you notice a lot of, if you’ve ever taken a gander on there, is that whenever anything is brought up about his latest pathetically embarrassing attempts to get attention, his idiotic fans still try to defend ‘daddy’ by suggesting people “move on” as they can’t bear to see him ridiculed.

As a fanbase so many of them really showed their true colours when he was there. That stain will be hard to remove for them.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm confused by Barton's answer. He has 8 witnesses to an incident he says was fabricated?

That’s dubious to say the least - BRFC have never had 8 people witnessing anything they’ve been doing.

If true then the real story here = new record attendance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

One or two have been against him from the beginning.

What you notice a lot of, if you’ve ever taken a gander on there, is that whenever anything is brought up about his latest pathetically embarrassing attempts to get attention, his idiotic fans still try to defend ‘daddy’ by suggesting people “move on” as they can’t bear to see him ridiculed.

As a fanbase so many of them really showed their true colours when he was there. That stain will be hard to remove for them.

Yep- it’s total nonsense to claim there were “loads” against him.

A few (fair play to them) stopped going & were vocal, but most were fully behind him, saw him as a “name” & part of their latest (failed) attempt to get back to the Championship.

• Like 2