IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

That’s dubious to say the least - BRFC have never had 8 people witnessing anything they’ve been doing.

If true then the real story here = new record attendance.

Yeah, but 5 of those 8 were gert Teds in the away end...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RedEd73 said:

Posted here as it's relevant to the Gas rather than in the Barton thread. 

He's so endearing! 

Screenshot_20240408_142518_X.jpg

People who love to talk about freedom of speech are always so litigious. 

1 hour ago, RedEd73 said:

He's so endearing! 

People who love to talk about freedom of speech are always so litigious. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep- it’s total nonsense to claim there were “loads” against him.

A few (fair play to them) stopped going & were vocal, but most were fully behind him, saw him as a “name” & part of their latest (failed) attempt to get back to the Championship.

They would boast about how many Twitter followers he had FFS 🤣

Absolutely lapped up his ‘hard man’ image…they spoke and acted like him on social media and then would appear so bemused as to why they were being ridiculed by fans of clubs up and down the country for being throughly unlikable nob heads.

All they got out of the whole thing was a 7-0 win against a team of school kids already relegated from the League and a lower mid table L1 finish below Exeter and Cheltenham the following season. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

49 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They would boast about how many Twitter followers he had FFS 🤣

Absolutely lapped up his ‘hard man’ image…they spoke and acted like him on social media and then would appear so bemused as to why they were being ridiculed by fans of clubs up and down the country for being throughly unlikable nob heads.

All they got out of the whole thing was a 7-0 win against a team of school kids already relegated from the League and a lower mid table L1 finish below Exeter and Cheltenham the following season. 

Hes also giving it the big “I am” and “no football intellect” which is quite something, for a manager whose team were in a relegation scrap, so forced his team to walk onto the pitch barefoot to feel “at one with the pitch”, and also played nothing but Italian music at the training ground and only allowed players to eat Italian food in the week leading toward a game to make them “play Italian” and be harder to beat. 

Worked well for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

If he is being paid until January 2025, he must have signed an NDA, in which case he has broken it by responding to the post's story. 

Not exactly the smartest move, considering he is on gofundme asking for money.

Yeah that was the first thing I thought too. Probably a smart move if there was a NDA as there is no way he was keeping his trap shut for year or more. Could now have saved themselves paying his salary for 9 months there. 

Mind you this is Bristol Rovers, so who knows what might have been put in place or whethervit's 'watertight'.

All good entertainment anyway.

22 hours ago, RedEd73 said:

He's so endearing! 

As I know Martin Starnes personally, I shall be bringing this post to his attention in the hope he joins the list of people suing Bartscum. His Gofundme donuts won't be able to spend their pensions fast enough to keep him solvent!

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 07/04/2024 at 22:36, Open End Numb Legs said:

Any guesses as to what the bucket is for?

20240407_223407.thumb.jpg.1185805663fe6ba9034f63a8ac0f6100.jpg

I doubt you're looking for serious answers, but I know exactly what that is. Its the ice bucket that housed the champagne for the 'staying up party' hastily arranged after the Gas won at Wycombe some time ago. For some reason, it didn't get used as intended and has been repurposed as the sh1tter for the executive lounge.

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Never getting a job in football again. What a ***.

Yes, so he is going down the Laurence Fox route. There are enough nutters about for him to make a living. Unfortunately. 

The good news is, lots of shit will come out about Rovers so it should provide good material for the foreseeable 🤣

• Like 5

I’d imagine a few of you would have seen Gab Sutton on Twitter, a completely harmless lad that tweets about the football league. 

The absolute ******* that used to manage Rovers decided to send him this… because he committed the grave crime of not having Paddy Madden in his team of the week. ******* pond life.

If he wasn’t so utterly nasty it would be amusing just how much he has lost the plot.

Edited by bearded_red
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

If he wasn’t so utterly nasty it would be amusing just how much he has lost the plot.

He's been utterly nasty all his life, so hardly a surprise. Fair play to the lad for not taking the bait

• Like 2

On 03/04/2024 at 14:06, Eddie Hitler said:

I worked with a Plymouth season ticket holder, each season a group of them used to have an away weekend at a game.

One season they were in the same league as Rovers for the first time for a few years and I asked if they were going there, given how close it was.

He said that the facilities for away fans were so poor the last time they had gone that they had decided not to go back there until the ground was rebuilt.

Similarly I went to watch City at Brighton in an evening game when they were still at the Goldstone Ground. It was terrible, the terraces were crumbling to the extent that some had to be roped off for safety and the toilets were swimming in piss. I was never going to go there again, though TBF they were in their last season there as the ground had been sold.

It does make a difference.

If that Plymouth game would have been between The Gas & Plymouth on a promotion destined season then they would have been:

a) at the game

b) moaning that they couldnt get a ticket for the said fixture

If following City for over 35 years has taught me anything, then it is that; football fans are unequivocally fickle....oh and we will never go anywhere with the Lansdowns in charge.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

I’d imagine a few of you would have seen Gab Sutton on Twitter, a completely harmless lad that tweets about the football league. 

The absolute ******* that used to manage Rovers decided to send him this… because he committed the grave crime of not having Paddy Madden in his team of the week. ******* pond life.

I have just read JB's tweet.

What on earth is wrong with the man.

Unless I have totally misread and misunderstood his message, JB is calling out a young lad (13/14 years old?) and threatening to flush his head down the toilet.

Obviously empty, meaningless threats, but even so.

JB has evidently lost the plot entirely.

Oh, just one more thing - it isn't possible for JB to find out our true identities and addresses is it? image.jpeg.01e3740b4d3adf4bddb64269a82636ab.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Ha, what a tragic little piece of **** that guy is. Completely unemployable, reduced to desperate attempts to stay relevant on Twitter. Deserves every last second of nothingness that the rest of his life will bring him.

• Like 1

You've gotta laugh at 50 year old blokes doubling down on their support of the Joey Bag though. Totally agree with laying into 17 year old lady goalkeepers (until their old man got involved and he totally shat his Y fronts obviously) but have a pop at a 15 year old lad and you've really gone and done it this time......................."I used to respect you when you were laying into Birds Joey".

• Like 1

I think calling Barton a bully is probably an understatement.

In reality he displays all the behaviours of an abuser. 

That means everyone around him that he doesn't perceive as bigger and stronger than he is, is a victim of his behaviour. Sadly, that means his family and friends, particularly women and specifically female partners, and almost certainly his children, unfortunately.

Unless he gets the help he clearly needs then he'll continue on a path of self-destruction, and destruction and misery for those around him. 

• Like 13
  • Flames 3