IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

From a mate of mines FB account, I’ve removed his name to save his shame!
Proper tinpot, a bar in a horse box 😂😂

IMG_1207.jpeg

To be fair, at least it shows they're taking their obligations to equine more seriously than they have done in the past.

It's more difficult to punch a horse if it is hiding in a little horsey caravan. 

On 02/04/2024 at 17:17, cider hoss rules said:

From a mate of mines FB account, I’ve removed his name to save his shame!
Proper tinpot, a bar in a horse box 😂😂

IMG_1207.jpeg

Careful….

That might just be the ‘Plum Bar’ which has been at Ashton Gate (by the stage in the fan zone) for a few seasons but now (due to having to change their business model to suit the club…) they are rarely there. Shame because not only were they nice people who worked hard to get people served quickly as possible the beers they sold were also very good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red DNA said:

Careful….

That might just be the ‘Plum Bar’ which has been at Ashton Gate (by the stage in the fan zone) for a few seasons but now (due to having to change their business model to suit the club…) they are rarely there. Shame because not only were they nice people who worked hard to get people served quickly as possible the beers they sold were also very good. 

Fair point Red DNA, however it's not quite the same. At our place that would've been one of a number of outlets. At their gaff that looks very much like the sole establishment at the new stand they got soooooooo excited about.

Tinpottery at its finest...

Edited by BS3City
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Match day minus 1 - this sort of nonsense can do one. It’s the day before the game. Not directly abusing the blue few here, as I know we will be saying this nonsense as well. Just use real words please 🙏 

Fair.

Part of the reason I love the Streatham Rovers Twitter account is because of the way it so cleverly mocks football clubs’ cringeworthy social media presence - their endless harkening back to one game in their history, their disingenuous attempts to be inclusive or to jump on bandwagons. All of it.

Some of the dross posted from the City socials makes me want to eat a pound of caesium and chase it with a gallon of Buxton Spring Water.

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Fair.

Part of the reason I love the Streatham Rovers Twitter account is because of the way it so cleverly mocks football clubs’ cringeworthy social media presence - their endless harkening back to one game in their history, their disingenuous attempts to be inclusive or to jump on bandwagons. All of it.

Some of the dross posted from the City socials makes me want to eat a pound of caesium and chase it with a gallon of Buxton Spring Water.

#NeverStopNotGivingUp

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, will the hordes of travelling Trotters be impressed by their accommodation tomorrow. A step up from what they`re used to I`ll be bound.

The concourse in particular will have them green with envy I expect.

Weren’t they the fans who labelled that dump “Chernobyl” ? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, will the hordes of travelling Trotters be impressed by their accommodation tomorrow. A step up from what they`re used to I`ll be bound.

The concourse in particular will have them green with envy I expect.

Christ. I forgotten about that tomorrow.

Means I have to get up and move the car back 4 feet so I can limit the parking in BS7.

Doesn't do a lot, but a mild inconvenience is the least I expect of myself.

#DoublePark

• Like 3
  • Haha 9
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

15 hours ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Match day minus 1 - this sort of nonsense can do one. It’s the day before the game. Not directly abusing the blue few here, as I know we will be saying this nonsense as well. Just use real words please 🙏 

Maybe they start each game at -1? In that case, the bog dwellers are doing quite well.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lydered said:

Ex Gas Aaron Collins, who Barton described as having a £4million starting price, who eventually left for £750,000...

...Scores for Bolton against them 🤣

They have just conceded another.

A pen 8mins in to injury time.