IGNORED

Vaccine Passport - Plan B

Bristol Rob

40 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

It's going to be a very long wait then for the same reasons outlined. 

Good grief it's like pulling teeth. 

It would seem very sensible to me to get the full facts.  Most of the population know that Boris will lie about just about anything so surely asking full the full facts is a reasonable query ?  Most of us want to know who is actually effected by this and if those that are in the vulnerable categories choose to continue to mix that is their choice.  

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

It would seem very sensible to me to get the full facts.  Most of the population know that Boris will lie about just about anything so surely asking full the full facts is a reasonable query ?  Most of us want to know who is actually effected by this and if those that are in the vulnerable categories choose to continue to mix that is their choice.  

Bloody brilliant!

Let's lock away every elderly/disabled/people with underlying health conditions, after all, should they actually want a life but get covid  it's their fault!

Why? Because you and people like you don't give a rats ass about them obviously.

Do have anyone in your life as described above? 

What about the human rights of the people in the above groups?

People like you make me ******* sick.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I would imagine that if we had total transparency then it would easily upset too many people as it wouldn't suit their stance, after being fed the sh1te for nearly 2 years. Even though we all know that the ones in control are being disingenuous when they bring out their graphs and spout their stats, as it suits their decisions better. Pretty simple to add why someone went into hospital in the first place, Covid symptoms or not, tick a box and job done. How many had stayover BECAUSE of Covid and not WITH Covid. Seriously simple stuff to record and feed the public.

The same people won't expect the first Omicron death to be questioned either, even though we seem to be weeks behind SA who hasn't recorded one. It surely isn't a coincidence now more people are questioning the restrictions where all know data tells many it is an overreaction.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Bloody brilliant!

Let's lock away every elderly/disabled/people with underlying health conditions, after all, should they actually want a life but get covid  it's their fault!

Why? Because you and people like you don't give a rats ass about them obviously.

Where has he said lock them away? Seems you are reading stuff that he hasn't even wrote.

He has just asked for transparency/full facts in the data, what is wrong with that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Bloody brilliant!

Do you not think you are overreacting ? If I was in one of the vulnerable categories I would want to know!  At the moment and as the media/Boris portray it, we are all vulnerable which I’m sure most of us will know is bollocks.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Where has he said lock them away? Seems you are reading stuff that he hasn't even wrote.

He has just asked for transparency/full facts in the data, what is wrong with that.

So if you do as he suggests and do nothing but are happy for the vulnerable in society to "continue to mix that is their choice" knowing they are likely to catch covid and possibly go to hospital and possibly die, what do you think they will do????

What a wonderful society where we care nothing for these people.

Just as well people like you don't make these decisions

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

So if you do as he suggests and do nothing but are happy for the vulnerable in society to "continue to mix that is their choice" knowing they are likely to catch covid and possibly go to hospital and possibly die, what do you think they will do????

What a wonderful society where we care nothing for these people.

Just as well people like you don't make these decisions

You've lost me. He has asked for the full facts, and said it is up to the vulnerable if they want to continue mix.

What is wrong with that? Should I tell my old man who is triple jabbed not to go to the City game or any other football match, not go to the shops, not go to the pub and not go to the bookies for his Saturday bet, and whatever he does don't chat to friends and family? Shouldn't that be his choice?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Do you not think you are overreacting ? If I was in one of the vulnerable categories I would want to know!  At the moment and as the media/Boris portray it, we are all vulnerable which I’m sure most of us will know is bollocks.  

Not overreacting.

We all know the elderly and those with underlying health conditions are at greater risk. 

There have though been hospitalizations and deaths in ALL age groups weather fit or not. 

Therefore, everyone is vulnerable! Less likely the younger you are but unfortunately not impossible!

9 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Bloody brilliant!

This is going to piss a lot of people off...but be offended...sticks and stones. ?

We all get it...all of us...those who are disabled through no fault of their own.

I've lost my dad this year and about to lose my mum...both through cancer. This past two years has been hell dealing with hospitals and Drs, putting off normal procedures because of covid. Often people with covid with underlying health issues brought on by themselves. 

I go to my local post office every day for work.

I'll tell you what pisses me off...the amount of people, the same, in their motobility scooters, spilling out of them, waddling into Weatherspoons, drinking and eating shit, getting fatter, running to the vape shop when it rains, yes running, claiming from the post office on a Monday getting £10 out at a time from the till ? going in the betting shop... Continual drinking and eating shit. Getting fatter and Ill. Then expecting the vaccine to work and blaming the Government for incompetence. Sick of seeing a great number of people giving themselves health issues by living shit lives. I call it the triangle of doom...spoons, betting shop, vape shop, post office, tanning shop, doctors surgery...and if anyone is feeling active...a Gregg's 200 m away.

Too many people in this country living like this, happy to, and not willing to change and help themselves. And all they do is blame everyone else for their problems.

Watching Joe Wicks and Jamie Oliver on TV talking about how to keep healthy, whilst sat on their sofa eating a bucket of chicken and noshing a dominoes ?? wtf ..that's what we've become as a nation.

No wonder so many die when they catch covid from underlying health issues brought on by themselves.

Perhaps the Government should make it mandatory that we should eat healthier, exercise and get outdoors and breath fresh air...instead of smoking, getting pissed, eating shit, getting fat and ill, then complaining they've caught covid and hospitalised and can't breath.

Not saying this is your situation...but for every personal situation, there is another one.

What pisses me off the most is people that complain about everything and everyone, but aren't willing to change their own situation. Just take...add nothing to society, yet complain the most. ?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

I'm literally picking up an award for the work I've done in the Pandemic next week. 

I'm also very heavily involved in Data Governance in another not Covid  NHS related project. 

It's not going to happen in the way you want. List of available metrics is here https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/metrics/name

Not sure I follow ... this isn’t a job interview 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Selred said:

South Africa have a younger population and are currently in their Summer. We know both play major affects.

Aye, but SA roughly  24% of their population are living with HIV according to reports, and we know how much that lowers the immune system even with medication, so its swings and roundabouts really.  

Edited by TRL

11 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Not overreacting.

We all know the elderly and those with underlying health conditions are at greater risk. 

There have though been hospitalizations and deaths in ALL age groups weather fit or not. 

Therefore, everyone is vulnerable! Less likely the younger you are but unfortunately not impossible!

You are overreacting so calm down.  At this stage if the pandemic (2 years in), people want facts rather than vagueness.  One person died “with omricon”... the first in the world and it was in the U.K. surprisingly a day after Boris gave his recorded speech. 

BCB41023-4B66-4134-A02A-B72F58594EEB.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

This is going to piss a lot of people off...but be offended...sticks and stones. ?

We all get it...all of us...those who are disabled through no fault of their own.

I've lost my dad this year and about to lose my mum...both through cancer. This past two years has been hell dealing with hospitals and Drs, putting off normal procedures because of covid. Often people with covid with underlying health issues brought on by themselves. 

I'll tell you what pisses me off...the amount of people, the same, in their motobility scooters, spilling out of them, waddling into Weatherspoons, drinking and eating shit, getting fatter, running to the vape shop when it rains, yes running, claiming from the post office on a Monday getting £10 out at a time from the till ? going in the betting shop... Continual drinking and eating shit. Getting fatter and Ill. Then expecting the vaccine to work and blaming the Government for incompetence. Sick of seeing a great number of people giving themselves health issues by living shit lives. I call it the triangle of doom...spoons, betting shop, vape shop, post office, tanning shop, doctors surgery...and if anyone is feeling active...a Gregg's 200 m away.

Too many people in this country living like this, happy to, and not willing to change and help themselves. And all they do is blame everyone else for their problems.

Watching Joe Wicks and Jamie Oliver on TV talking about how to keep healthy, whilst sat on their sofa eating a bucket of chicken and noshing a dominoes ?? wtf ..that's what we've become as a nation.

No wonder so many die when they catch covid from underlying health issues brought on by themselves.

Perhaps the Government should make it mandatory that we should eat healthier, exercise and get outdoors and breath fresh air...instead of smoking, getting pissed, eating shit, getting fat and ill, then complaining they've caught covid and hospitalised and can't breath.

Not saying this is your situation...but for every personal situation, there is another one.

What pisses me off the most is people that complain about everything and everyone, but aren't willing to change their own situation. Just take...add nothing to society, yet complain the most. ?

Not really the point I was making but, (and this may surprise you), I actually agree with most of your post!

My point was Every elderly or vulnerable people would need to "hide" from the rest of society.

Hardly fair eh?

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

Do you want to throw in any more cliches?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Deaths involving and due to Influenza and Pneumonia, England and Wales, deaths registered in 2020 and 2021.

These are the summed totals for Week 1 2020 to week 53 (ending 1st January 2021):

Deaths involving influenza and Pneumonia: 111,957 deaths

Deaths due to Influenza and pneumonia: 20,523 deaths 

Copy and pasted from Gov.uk

I wonder as Harry is trying to find out, what the stats are for covid...

Amazing we as a population aren't scared and in fear of Flu when 112,000 die WITH it.

I swear some people are being wilfully ignorant at this point. This has been explained so many times.

But many people are scared of the flu. We put millions and millions into developing vaccines each year, which millions and millions take. In a particularly bad year it can have a huge impact on our health services as you're not doubt aware.

Flu is also a lot less contagious, so is less likely to overwhelm our healthcare services. Flu is also a lot better understood, so is less of a concern.

Maybe I'm missing your point?

10 minutes ago, spudski said:

So you are against authoritarian measures like showing a smartphone app to enter a football match or wear a mask.

But you would perhaps support the government deciding what we eat, exercise and so on?

The problem is that you are talking about problems that will take years, decades to fix. They're totally ingrained in every part of our society - we need solutions NOW.

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

So in amongst all your complaining about society - the sheep, the obese, the unhealthy, are you willing to add something to society or change your own situation by getting the jab or showing the vaccine passport?

• Like 2

@Galley is our king unsure why you seemed to have missed my reply to you. 

Seriously - what do you expect my old man to do? It seems you want him to stay in as he's vulnerable because @LoyalRedthinks he should make his own choice which is some sort of disgraceful thing to say, but you are now saying that every vulnerable or elderly person would need to hide away from society and that's unfair. Are you saying it's unfair for people to stay in, but unfair for them to make a choice to go out?

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I don’t want it for 1 individual. I want it for all covid deaths. Surely the detail of the data can inform who and why are the most vulnerable. Is that not something that is extremely important to understand. 

Have the government already not collated a lot of statistics on who are most vulnerable, numbers per age group/race and so on? That informed the vaccine rollouts and so on I thought.

I'm suspicious if they did produce it whether people would actually believe it personally. Just look at the arguments we have in here already. 

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Do you want to throw in any more cliches?

I don't know where you live but he is pretty spot on with every Spoons I have seen. I go for a breakfast every few weeks to a spoons with a mate (living the dream I am), and it is the same faces at 9-10am every single time, drinking and going out smoking with a few scooters left outside.

1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

I swear some people are being wilfully ignorant at this point. This has been explained so many times.

But many people are scared of the flu. We put millions and millions into developing vaccines each year, which millions and millions take. In a particularly bad year it can have a huge impact on our health services as you're not doubt aware.

Flu is also a lot less contagious, so is less likely to overwhelm our healthcare services. Flu is also a lot better understood, so is less of a concern.

Maybe I'm missing your point?

So you are against authoritarian measures like showing a smartphone app to enter a football match or wear a mask.

But you would perhaps support the government deciding what we eat, exercise and so on?

The problem is that you are talking about problems that will take years, decades to fix. They're totally ingrained in every part of our society - we need solutions NOW.

So in amongst all your complaining about society - the sheep, the obese, the unhealthy, are you willing to add something to society or change your own situation by getting the jab or showing the vaccine passport?

The flu vaccines are developed each year on the main virus. In the meantime it mutates by the time you receive the next jab. It's futile, continually playing catch up.

Yes...I'd rather the Government made a stand long term rather than short term. Everything I've said is true. We are a nation of fat, obese, unhealthy people, that develop health issues. Mainly down to diet, lack of exercise. 

You can vaccine, booster as much as you like...it won't make any difference in the long run. People will catch it and won't be able to fight it because of underlying health issues brought on by themselves. No one forces you to eat another donut...but we could be forced to put something in our body, jab, some of us don't want, because many abuse themselves. Thanks for that.

I've got a vaccine passport thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

29 minutes ago, spudski said:

Why you following around disabled fat people around town to shame them? ******* weirdo.

Id suggest you also google a picture of a triangle..

Edited by Henry
  • Haha 7

Just now, spudski said:

The flu vaccines are developed each year on the main virus. In the meantime it mutates by the time you receive the next jab. It's futile, continually playing catch up.

Yes...I'd rather the Government made a stand long term rather than short term. Everything I've said is true. We are a nation of fat, obese, unhealthy people, that develop health issues. Mainly down to diet, lack of exercise. 

You can vaccine, booster as much as you like...it won't make any difference in the long run. People will catch it and won't be able to fight it because of underlying health issues brought on by themselves. No one forces you to eat another donut...but we could be forced to put something in our body, jab, some of us don't want, because many abuse themselves. Thanks for that.

I've got a vaccine passport thank you. 

It's futile, even thought it saves thousands of lives? Everything is a stall in life, that's just reality.

I totally agree that the government need to get a handle on the obesity crisis in the country - but look at the fuss that was made around the sugar tax! What I'm saying is though we've needed something to have an impact now, which are the jabs.

Maybe they do just buy us more time while we work out better, longer term solutions (OR decide we just don't bother any more!)

Your point about being forced to eat a donut is interesting - literally no perhaps, but obesity does has a correlation with wealth. Due to lack of time, education, or willpower many people unfortunately choose the easiest route to get what they want - and it's incredibly difficult to change that. We all go through those periods in our lives There's a reason you see those people you mention gathered around spoons, and not around a fancy Clifton brasserie. It's an extremely complex issue!

29 minutes ago, spudski said:

Ran out of likes so just wanted to say that's spot on. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Not really the point I was making but, (and this may surprise you), I actually agree with most of your post!

My point was Every elderly or vulnerable people would need to "hide" from the rest of society.

Hardly fair eh?

Imo...if you are fit, healthy, young...let's go about our business as usual.

If vulnerable...take precautions.

No...it's not fair. Life isn't fair. We didn't ask for this. 

But how is it fair that the majority of people have to change for a minority.

Minority rule these days it seems.

No need to hide from society...just be more cautious.

They want us to work from home, buy online, not socialise. Wtf...really...think about the long term affects of that. This could go on forever.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Henry said:

Why you following around disabled fat people around town to shame them? ******* weirdo.

Mmmm… dismiss a perfectly reasoned and informative post by calling a clearly intelligent poster with incredibly valid and relevant views a “******* weirdo”. 
Interesting response. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

I don't...such is the state of this country, the post office has three people working  on the tills...the queue outside goes past all these said places. I have to see and hear this lot at 10.30 in the morning. 

And yep...these buildings create a triangle.

I have to endure these fat people in scooters, doing the same everyday. Funny you'll support people abusing their bodies needlessly with no control, but moan about people pointing it out.

You're the ******* wierdo mate for thinking that way. ??

• Like 2

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/news/45502/countdown-to-15-million-jabs...-and-freedom-day

Don't usually quote the Daily Mail outside of Sports news but found the actual article from late 2020.

The scope of the rollout- numbers and age groups of the current programme- exceeds anything in there. Just look at the age groups!!

I recall Whitty suggesting that it, ie Covid would eventually resemble the flu. Some truth, but a difference there is that those who have flu shots tend to be old, medically vulnerable or both? I've certainly never had one.

I know Covid isn't the flu as such but absolutely nothing in there about boosters or vaccinating even under 30's!! Medical vulnerabities aside in the case of the younger age groups.

Well nothing about Covid certification anyway although on further reading that was only Phase 1

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

It's futile, even thought it saves thousands of lives? Everything is a stall in life, that's just reality.

I totally agree that the government need to get a handle on the obesity crisis in the country - but look at the fuss that was made around the sugar tax! What I'm saying is though we've needed something to have an impact now, which are the jabs.

Maybe they do just buy us more time while we work out better, longer term solutions (OR decide we just don't bother any more!)

Your point about being forced to eat a donut is interesting - literally no perhaps, but obesity does has a correlation with wealth. Due to lack of time, education, or willpower many people unfortunately choose the easiest route to get what they want - and it's incredibly difficult to change that. We all go through those periods in our lives There's a reason you see those people you mention gathered around spoons, and not around a fancy Clifton brasserie. It's an extremely complex issue!

During and after the war, even with rations, people were healthier because they didn't eat shit. They ate natural food.

You talk about Clifton brasserie...what's the fashionable food...peasant food. Food that the poor ate around the world. Food that was made at home from scraps.

Food that was natural and grown. Picked, fished, killed. 

70s came along...and shit food came along. Advertising telling us that's what we had to eat. It went downhill from then. Pot noodles etc 

Funny...all the people you side with have time to sit all day eating and drinking shit all day in spoons, but don't have time to cook at home ? 

Society has just followed advertising. Like lemmings.

Yes it's a complex issue.

But it's a very simple issue.

People are easily led. Believe advertising, follow my leader.

We live in a mental society, that will sit and watch, listen, reminisce about the better times?? when they could easily revert back to it, if they weren't so content to just keep watching ..and watching...and watching...until they are brainwashed. All in the name of some people getting very rich out of it.

Have you seen how many of these rich 'stars', business people don't let their kids do social media or watch TV? There is a reason for that.

They know the dangers that most of society has been swept up by and now think is normal. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/news/45502/countdown-to-15-million-jabs...-and-freedom-day

Don't usually quote the Daily Mail outside of Sports news but found the actual article from late 2020.

The scope of the rollout- numbers and age groups of the current programme- exceeds anything in there. Just look at the age groups!!

I recall Whitty suggesting that it, ie Covid would eventually resemble the flu. Some truth, but a difference there is that those who have flu shots tend to be old, medically vulnerable or both? I've certainly never had one.

I know Covid isn't the flu as such but absolutely nothing in there about boosters or vaccinating even under 30's!! Medical vulnerabities aside in the case of the younger age groups.

Bait and switch. People wouldn't accept the rules at once so they are brought in gently. Same thing with basically every covid pass that has been brought in and then later extended. The behavioural scientists have done a fairly good job to be fair.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Hi Rob. It’s not about the name or date of birth or whatever that is on the pass. I have no problem with ID in general. 
Hopefully I’ve stated my case quite clearly and openly, but as you ask, I’ll summarise with a copy of a message I sent to another friend last night :

“It’s not the here and now mate. It’s where it’s heading. 
Don’t get me wrong - I’m not an anti vaxxer and all that. I’m completely pro-vaccine. It certainly is a good thing for those that are vulnerable. 
But I started to question it about Feb/March ish. Originally it was for the vulnerable groups, but gradually it started creeping. Then it was gonna be 2. And 3. And more. 
My big issue came when I could see that they were gonna make children have it. I saw that coming back in March mate. 
For me, a 47 year old, the benefit analysis is fair. 
For kids, it’s not. They don’t need it. Just like any drugs/medical procedures, there IS a risk. I’m happy for adults to take that risk/benefit but I don’t believe kids should. This virus doesn’t affect kids and they shouldn’t be expected to take a vaccine they don’t need that ‘could’ harm them. I say ‘could’ because yes it is rare, but it is definitely there. The governments own advice makes clear that heart problems do occur and in children it’s been shown to be more prevalent than in adults. 
Yes, still rare. But still a danger that no one should expect their child to take. 
Right now, as an adult, yes flash your pass, no problem. All easy enough. 
But when you have to get your kids jabbed 3 times to be able to go on holiday, will people think any different? 
So that’s where I’m at mate. It’s all fine now, but I’m thinking further down the line and I’m not participating in anything that might mean the government think we’re all happy to comply with, so they can make it mandatory for our kids to have it as well. 
The kids are my red line. And as they say “it’s the hill I will die on”. 
Already they’ve now reduced it to 12 year olds - so as of next month, if your 12 year old isn’t jabbed, no holiday. Won’t be long til they reduce that to 5 years old. 
Why should 5 year olds be injected with something that has a small chance of severely harming them, to protect them against something with an even smaller chance of harming them? 
That’s why I’m taking my stand and not participating. 
Sorry everyone for the long ramble. And sorry if you disagree. That’s fine. Everyone has to have personal choice, but it shouldn’t come with consequences.”

Get all that Slim, but given a steward isn't going to know you from Adam, and won't be anything other than eyeballing your pass, why not go to the Gate?

Understand your POV around jabbing kids, even if it does put grandparents at greater risk, but that's a personal choice; I just don't think Boris is going to be making any decisions based on the number of people at an event in BS3.