IGNORED

Mason Greenwood

Fordy62

Before they made the decision I was thinking someone like Roma as Mourinho gave him his debut or possibly a loan move to Ajax since Ten Haag is from there and its not too far to travel. I doubt he will have to go as far as Saudi as people who aren't English won't be as invested (I know the images speak for themselves but there won't be the weekly circus in europe at all the matches like it would have been here). Wouldn't be surprised at all if its a club in the champions league or europa looking for a good deal.

Edited by Baba Yaga

15 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

The problem is 

Its Football 

Some team somewhere will turn a blind eye and sign him

11 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

I wonder if Rovers have enquired as to his availability?

What about City?

We signed Danny Simpson, a bloke who was charged and actually found guilty of the exact same thing. 

24 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

What about City?

We signed Danny Simpson, a bloke who was charged and actually found guilty of the exact same thing. 

I understand your point. But I’m not sure Danny Simpson (allegedly) attempted to rape anyone - unless you know better than I do. 

17 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

This confuses the hell out of me…

Two investigations, both found he had not done enough to be charged.

If he done something wrong, why is she still with him? If he didn’t do anything wrong, why is he still with her?

If the finds were that he has done nothing to be charged with, why is he not able to carry on his career at Utd? Is this purely due to the media trial more than anything else?

Celebs saying they will no longer be associated with the club if Greenwood is reinstated back into the team. On what basis have they made this decision.

I don’t get any of it!

Social media and the court of public opinion if I remember correctly she never actually made changes the video got shared amongst kids schools and he was arrested out of uproar 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Fred89 said:

Social media and the court of public opinion if I remember correctly she never actually made changes the video got shared amongst kids schools and he was arrested out of uproar 

Wrong. His girlfriend Harriet Robson put the images and audio clips on her own Instagram with the caption "To anyone who wants to know what Mason Greenwood actually does to me."

https://tribuna.com/en/news/football-2022-01-30-move-your-f-legs-up-you-t-mason-greenwoods-girlfriend-leaks-audios-alleging-man-united-st/?utm_source=copy

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Their main and only witness changed their mind, and told the CPS that they wouldn’t be testifying anymore, and so the CPS decide there sadly wasn’t a strong enough case without said witness, to have a reasonable chance of a prosecution. That’s the only reason a trial isn’t going ahead anymore.  

Exactly Marie was that not what I’ve said? Oh I see you were replying to the earlier post. 

Yes that’s as it seems. In that case I can understand the anger from many. Lucky she still wanted to marry him I guess!

Edited by REDOXO

Time to move on.  No conviction; no proof; the club says they’re sure he didn’t do what he was accused of; the bloke has admitted he is far from perfect and has apologised.  What more do people want?  There are quite a few people who have been actually found guilty of reprehensible acts but who have been allowed to resume their chosen career (a murderer acting on Eastenders springs to mind).  I don’t know what really went on, but then it’s not for me to come to conclusions.  Let he who is without sin, etc. etc.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Time to move on.  No conviction; no proof; the club says they’re sure he didn’t do what he was accused of; the bloke has admitted he is far from perfect and has apologised.  What more do people want?  There are quite a few people who have been actually found guilty of reprehensible acts but who have been allowed to resume their chosen career (a murderer acting on Eastenders springs to mind).  I don’t know what really went on, but then it’s not for me to come to conclusions.  Let he who is without sin, etc. etc.

United didn’t even talk to the victim so I’m taking their ‘investigation’ with a pinch of salt. Probably just investigated how much money they could get for Greenwood as if he was worthless they’d have got rid of him 18 months ago.  

As for no conviction, his innocence or guilt hasn’t been tested in court. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

No proof, only audio recordings of his partner trying to get him to leave her alone after she wouldn't consent to sex

Only photos of the state he battered her into

How many times do you think the former happened before she thought to start recording at the next instance?

Edited by transfer reader

9 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Whoosh?

21 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Well presumably, while we aren’t ‘without sin’, we aren’t all woman beaters and rapists. Unless all sins are equal so we can never say anything about anyone doing anything??

As well discussed, the ‘cleared of all charges’, while arguably true at a technical level, is only half the story and the pictures and audio tell their own public story that require some public explanation if he wants public forgiveness. (If legal resolution and private forgiveness is all he wants and needs, that’s absolutely fine, but that likely won’t get him his career back any time soon). 

Admitting you ‘weren’t perfect’ is not a confession or an explanation such that people can move on. He needs to explain it properly. If he doesn’t want to, if it is too damaging for his partner, fine. But he probably won’t have a chance to get his football career back until he does.

Hes basically said ‘I’m not perfect but I didn’t do what I’m accused of. I know it looks like I’m a serial abuser and possibly a rapist and there is strong evidence showing I am, but I’m not, so I hope that’s settled and can I move on now and get a sweet contract because I’m ace at football’. 

I believe in redemption and rehabilitation. But first step in understanding abusive behaviour is to admit to it. If he’s not willing to do that, then how can he ask for public forgiveness? And public forgiveness is what he needs to get his career back. 

And, the thing no one seems to mention, just because he’s been caught out and had a baby with his victim, that doesn’t draw a line under his abuse. If he isn’t properly addressing it, if he’s in denial, then the chances are he will do it again. Second chances are not impossible. Third chances much less likely. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

I’m guessing he’s still at Man United technically. My guess is, loan him out and see if everything calms down after a year on loan. ?‍♂️

Just read about it, apparently no loan fee and he’s on loan because if Man U release him he is due an 8 million pay off

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

I’m guessing he’s still at Man United technically. My guess is, loan him out and see if everything calms down after a year on loan. ?‍♂️

Apparently they are are going to pay all his wages and haven’t got a fee for him going so yes basically they probably just wanted him away from the club for a bit.

According to the Athletic Man U pretty much were set to announce that Greenwood was staying until they saw the public backlash when the story was leaked out .

8 hours ago, alexukhc said:

So he’s still being paid by United? He still has a contract? get me off this world 

Sacking him would have involved morals and making a stand, where business rules all. I've no doubt they hold out the hope of getting some money back for him , while Getefe pay his wages ?
The money men at United must be crying into their Chardonnay looking at his value.

Screenshot2023-09-02at08_39_30.png.68b03aa683c0dc899567192122145163.png

Edited by 1960maaan

45 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Apparently they are are going to pay all his wages and haven’t got a fee for him going so yes basically they probably just wanted him away from the club for a bit.

According to the Athletic Man U pretty much were set to announce that Greenwood was staying until they saw the public backlash when the story was leaked out .

They didn't want him away from the club did they? Their plan was to reintegrate him into their squad. Videos had even been filmed about it. 

It was only because of the huge backlash that they were forced to change their minds.

• Like 1