IGNORED

Local Non League Thread 2022-23

Silvio Dante

22 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s a strange one. As far as I know, loans to Yate and the ilk can still play U21 while being loaned out. He did look far better than PH though in the Yate game I saw, and if Beadle is persisting in long ball it might be that he’s got a loan higher up/to a better footballing team that will develop him

That was my thoughts as well. Like you I think he would fair better in his overall development if he played at a higher level and with a team that played passing football.

Oddly yesterday...Yate persisted with long ball tactics in the first half. Each time losing the ball. It's a ridiculous tactic considering the personnel up front.

Second half they passed the ball more often through midfield and actually created better chances. Prince Henry dropping and receiving helped.

I think Yate will struggle this season. 

Even Fleetwood was a Sub yesterday.

Fingers crossed they can stay up and get the development done sooner rather than later, to get some much needed revenue.

On a side note...I've yet to hear one positive comment re the new manager.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

That was my thoughts as well. Like you I think he would fair better in his overall development if he played at a higher level and with a team that played passing football.

Oddly yesterday...Yate persisted with long ball tactics in the first half. Each time losing the ball. It's a ridiculous tactic considering the personnel up front.

Second half they passed the ball more often through midfield and actually created better chances. Prince Henry dropping and receiving helped.

I think Yate will struggle this season. 

Even Fleetwood was a Sub yesterday.

Fingers crossed they can stay up and get the development done sooner rather than later, to get some much needed revenue.

On a side note...I've yet to hear one positive comment re the new manager.

Yate used to train at Chipping Sodbury school on a Thursday night last year directly before I used the pitch. Used to get a decent feel for how things were behind the scenes. Regrettably they’ve cancelled this season so assume using Lodge Road. Shame, as I’d have liked to have seen Beadle in action on the training pitch, because, same as you, I’ve heard nothing positive thus far and there has to be something…

• Like 1

Bristol City fan for life since the late 60's but try and see as many Taunton games that don't clash with City as I can as they are my hometown club. Saw them Monday versus Chippenham Town. It was a cracking game with Town winning 3-1.Chippenham probably played the better football but Taunton defended really well. Their goal was good but Taunton's third was a stunner, blasted in from outside the box. Only August but looks like they might be able to hold their own in their first time at that level against teams with bigger budgets and squads.

• Like 3

It's always surprised me how Taunton Town have always played their trade at levels below Bristol Rovers. 

Similar sized clubs & home crowds & ambitions. 

Maybe they'll get a plumb FA cup 1st round draw one year and they can go & see what a proper football club should be like - I hope they enjoy their day out in Taunton. 

48 minutes ago, burhou said:

Bristol City fan for life since the late 60's but try and see as many Taunton games that don't clash with City as I can as they are my hometown club. Saw them Monday versus Chippenham Town. It was a cracking game with Town winning 3-1.Chippenham probably played the better football but Taunton defended really well. Their goal was good but Taunton's third was a stunner, blasted in from outside the box. Only August but looks like they might be able to hold their own in their first time at that level against teams with bigger budgets and squads.

They seem to have settled a bit after the early defeats - actually a similar trajectory to City’s.

• Admin
10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just noted that in addition to Omar being recalled from Yate, Seb Palmer-Holden has been recalled from Chippenham. Loans up the ladder?

Have they been recalled or just played for the U21s?

Seems very early into each loan spell to be recalled

Update from Yate. In the last week, the commercial director and the director of football have both stepped away (and Richard Thompson is a Yate boy). Club not replacing and leaving jobs open if they want to return. 

Club feels in a very bad place. Notably the website statement mentions Thompson appointed Michael but not the current boss, Beadle….

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Anyone know what’s going on at Saltford?????

"A flood of sudden and unexpected departures, now standing at a total of 32 players in 48hrs"  suggests either internal politics or a rival team has offered a very good offer.

47 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Anyone know what’s going on at Saltford?????

Chairman has now left...players that are left are running it and there is a meeting tomorrow evening, where everyone who has left is invited back.

Seems the walk out was over the Chairman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pearsonistheman said:

Was a brawl at the end jd the first half between the two dugouts. Resumed 2 minutes later with a Yate coach sent off. 

My guess is Fleetwood got sent off. Two reasons:

- He’s a ****ing psychopath 

- By the time Beadle sat up the fight would have been over

• Haha 2

• Admin
9 hours ago, Pearsonistheman said:

Was a brawl at the end jd the first half between the two dugouts. Resumed 2 minutes later with a Yate coach sent off. 

I bet the scenes for Winchesters 93rd minute equaliser were interesting 

First defeat in the league for Weston last night too at home to Chesham 

• Flames 1