IGNORED

Local Non League Thread 2022-23

Silvio Dante

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pretty sure John was wicket-keeper / batsman for Chipping Sodbury, and if it’s him, the whole family are from Yate / C.S. area.

Yep, used to live next door to them.

Real sporting mad family.

John was at Cardiff City (Goalkeeper) and used to room with Christian Roberts. 

Good luck John - certainly no easy job there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, City37 said:

Yep, used to live next door to them.

Real sporting mad family.

John was at Cardiff City (Goalkeeper) and used to room with Christian Roberts. 

Good luck John - certainly no easy job there.

I used to work with his cousin, yep sports mad family.

Don't know what Yate need player wise, but can see Will Harvey a tricky right winger, Dan Dempsey a hard working midfielder and Kyle Tooze who has been around the non league scene in the area and has been phenomenal for Paulton this season as a loan striker moving to Yate. Hope not from Paulton's perspective but wouldn't surprise me one bit..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Don't know what Yate need player wise, but can see Will Harvey a tricky right winger, Dan Dempsey a hard working midfielder and Kyle Tooze who has been around the non league scene in the area and has been phenomenal for Paulton this season as a loan striker moving to Yate. Hope not from Paulton's perspective but wouldn't surprise me one bit..

Well got that wrong, just heard that Will Harvey is leaving Paulton but is moving to Australia to play.

• Thanks 1

I don't know the circumstances, and if true, but it seems Yate Towns interim manager and long time player and coaching staff member, Fleetwood, found out his services were no longer required via twitter and text. 

Rather harsh and ungrateful if true. 

Not sure what's going on at Yate at the moment, but from the outside looking in, seems a bit of a basket case. 

Shame...as last season was fantastic. 

All very odd

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

I don't know the circumstances, and if true, but it seems Yate Towns interim manager and long time player and coaching staff member, Fleetwood, found out his services were no longer required via twitter and text. 

Rather harsh and ungrateful if true. 

Not sure what's going on at Yate at the moment, but from the outside looking in, seems a bit of a basket case. 

Shame...as last season was fantastic. 

All very odd

To be fair, on the social media front Paulton announced it about two hours before Yate. I can quite believe, considering the terse nature of Paultons statement that they released it before Yate had opportunity to speak to Fleetwood, Gillespie etc.

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, on the social media front Paulton announced it about two hours before Yate. I can quite believe, considering the terse nature of Paultons statement that they released it before Yate had opportunity to speak to Fleetwood, Gillespie etc.

That was my thoughts too... Fleetwood tweeted after the two clubs tweets, implying it was the first he'd heard about it.

What a turn around at Yate Town.

A completely different atmosphere, new management team, that engaged with fans and were positive in their direction during the game, a few new signings, a more positive style of football....that passed, used the midfield and built up play (thank God Beadles hoof ball has gone...worst appointment)

A most entertaining game that ended 3-3.

Hopefully any 'trust' with City in loaning players, will be restored, if it was ever lost under Beadle.

• Like 3

On 30/10/2022 at 18:42, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Toozy has moved to Yate. Massive loss for Paulton, he has been immense this season.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2022 at 09:49, spudski said:

What a turn around at Yate Town.

A completely different atmosphere, new management team, that engaged with fans and were positive in their direction during the game, a few new signings, a more positive style of football....that passed, used the midfield and built up play (thank God Beadles hoof ball has gone...worst appointment)

A most entertaining game that ended 3-3.

Hopefully any 'trust' with City in loaning players, will be restored, if it was ever lost under Beadle.

It was a lot better, but by god that was two poor defences and GK! Tooze is clearly a good signing once available and thought Lewis looked good when he came on but definite leaky bucket at the back.

Someone get Andy Hannah back from travelling!

• Like 1

BBC Sport reporting he crashed into advertising hoardings, not concrete. 

Either way, thoughts with him, family, teammates and friends. 

Really hope he makes a full recovery and the club make changes so it can't happen again. If they can. As if, for example, an opposition player exerts great force on a player near the touchline at speed, then said players can travel a significant distance outside of the playing area. 

2 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I really do wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

I've often questioned the safety of the perimeters of football pitches. There have been quite a few of these unfortunate, sometimes tragic incidents. Maybe it's time for a re-think. 

Maybe air fences or similar, like they use around Speedway tracks......although that then causes an issue for the illuminated advertising boards.

Not sure what the answer is really.