IGNORED

Conway

And Its Smith

41 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Lita wasn’t academy either so that begs the question since who?  Can’t think of anyone!

Correct - he was at Chelsea before us.

Could be an argument for Reid but obviously he only became a striker much later on with his time with us.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

With respect as Britton is currently on the subs bench for a side in the Irish second division, I think we can all take a fairly decent guess.

I am totally baffled by this ongoing obsession with him, Saikou Janneh also left us this summer, scored 2 goals in his only ever first team start, is now playing at a far higher standard yet he never gets highlighted.

Don’t get it.

What’s worse is his fan club on Twitter.

5 hours ago, Lew-T said:

What’s worse is his fan club on Twitter.

I like following him on twitter, and congratulating him on his goals.  A combo of I know his dad, he’s an ex-City player, etc…so I like doing so.  Follow lots of ex-City players like Janneh, R.Holden, etc too…hoping they have good careers.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I like following him on twitter, and congratulating him on his goals.  A combo of I know his dad, he’s an ex-City player, etc…so I like doing so.  Follow lots of ex-City players like Janneh, R.Holden, etc too…hoping they have good careers.

I’ve got no grudge with that mate. It’s people bashing the club for letting him go, I’ve seen it a lot on here and there.

Edited by Lew-T
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I’ve got no grudge with that mate. It’s people bashing the club for letting him go, I’ve seen it a lot on here and there.

Yep, I’d have loved to have seen him make it here, but in all honesty, when was the last young player we let go that cane back to haunt us?

• Like 1

On 23/08/2022 at 11:54, Davefevs said:
Far too contrived, but…

The Playoffs are coming, Premier League’s zooming in
Meltdown expected, up at the Mem
Defenders stop running, they have such fear
'Cause Tommy is scoring goals
South of the river

That’s a pretty good rewording of a great song that I wouldn’t of attributed to you ! I expect we’ll be singing it alone though. 

On 24/08/2022 at 10:39, And Its Smith said:

Lita wasn’t academy either so that begs the question since who?  Can’t think of anyone!

On 24/08/2022 at 11:22, bris red said:

Correct - he was at Chelsea before us.

Could be an argument for Reid but obviously he only became a striker much later on with his time with us.

I would have to say David Cotterill & Bobby Reid and I would caveat them as being goal scorers not necessarily strikers. 

14 minutes ago, redapple said:

That’s a pretty good rewording of a great song that I wouldn’t of attributed to you ! I expect we’ll be singing it alone though. 

I’m 52, Clash well in my era, I quite like them, just don’t think London’s Calling LP is the best ever album as most officianados (and my mates) think! ?

• Hmmm 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m 52, Clash well in my era, I quite like them, just don’t think London’s Calling LP is the best ever album as most officianados (and my mates) think! ?

Clash gigs were immense. Pure energy. If you got anywhere near the front you were getting battered. 

Just hope we hold on to him.

How long have we waited for a player like him to come along from the academy.

He has come on so much this season and looks like the real deal.

Defiantly has an eye for goal.

Also has a good touch and has got decent pace.

Then just like a bus (not in Bristol) we get three come along at once.

I just hope we can make the most of them while they are here.

I never thought I would say it I would let Scott go out of the three.  

One or two additions to this team and we have a real chance to get into that top six I just don’t think we have the money there to do it.

39 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I would have to say David Cotterill & Bobby Reid and I would caveat them as being goal scorers not necessarily strikers. 

I think you have to go back to Kevin Mabbutt !!  as a true home grown forward of note (Still early days for TC but what a start )  !!

Racking my grey matter but can’t come up with one since 

( Bobby Reid of course depending how you view him positionally )

Edited by Sheltons Army

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

52 to young to fully appreciate the Clash and the Punk Scene. 
London Calling a fine album but I don’t think it’s lasted the test of time like Rattus Norvegicus or Never Mind the Bollocks. 
Anyway I’ll be leading the chant from Dolman 32 on Wednesday as I can’t come up with anything better. 

32 minutes ago, redapple said:

London Calling a fine album but I don’t think it’s lasted the test of time like Rattus Norvegicus or Never Mind the Bollocks. 
Anyway I’ll be leading the chant from Dolman 32 on Wednesday as I can’t come up with anything better. 

Tommy Gun 

He's name is Tommy and he's our gun player...

3 hours ago, redapple said:

Rattus is a great album.  Looks like I’m a whipper-snapper, but my elder cousin was a big Stranglers fan, and when we used to visit, we’d be welcomed into his bedroom with a big poster of a Raven.  The Stranglers were the first proper band I saw gig…in Newport, supported by Joe Strummer!

My cousin was the one who got me into Bowie too.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Joe strummer lived in bridgwater, and wouldnt have a bad word said against the place.

Maybe the 82 section, could work with a wiemann in hammersmith palais,?

Joe Strummer lived in Broomfield which is about 9 miles west of Bridgwater.

Hugh Cornwell has lived in Box near Bath for decades, went to Bristol Uni and used to play guitar for weekend cash in Keith Floyd's restaurant. Jet Black lived just outside Tetbury.

A Stranglers song would be perfect although not sure which one..

Anyways, it looks like we'll keep Conway for beyond this Summer- that's not a bummer. His goals are peaches.

P.s Sil Wilcox used to be a roadie/helper for the Stranglers and ended up managing them (after Hugh left) ever sine - the other band he manages? The Wurzels.

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Joe Strummer lived in Broomfield which is about 9 miles west of Bridgwater.

Hugh Cornwell has lived in Box near Bath for decades, went to Bristol Uni and used to play guitar for weekend cash in Keith Floyd's restaurant. Jet Black lived just outside Tetbury.

A Stranglers song would be perfect although not sure which one..

Anyways, it looks like we'll keep Conway for beyond this Summer- that's not a bummer. His goals are peaches.

P.s Sil Wilcox used to be a roadie/helper for the Stranglers and ended up managing them (after Hugh left) ever sine - the other band he manages? The Wurzels.

Wow, fancy that! 

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Rattus is a great album.  Looks like I’m a whipper-snapper, but my elder cousin was a big Stranglers fan, and when we used to visit, we’d be welcomed into his bedroom with a big poster of a Raven.  The Stranglers were the first proper band I saw gig…in Newport, supported by Joe Strummer!

My cousin was the one who got me into Bowie too.

I’ve seen The Stranglers 71 times so yes im a bit bias, but despite only being 52 your music taste with Bowie, The Clash and the Stranglers is PDG.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, redapple said:

I’ve seen The Stranglers 71 times so yes im a bit bias, but despite only being 52 your music taste with Bowie, The Clash and the Stranglers is PDG.

Down to being influenced by others in my schooldays.  The Who, The Jam, The Cult, before I got into GnR and Aerosmith.  Without those influences maybe I’d have stuck with The Thompson Twins!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, redapple said:

71 times?? Wow, I've seen them over 10 times, mainly with Hugh at the helm but a few since, Bowie just the 5 times, it should have been 6 but just before he was due to play in Carcassonne where I was living and couldn't believe he was coming, he had his heart attack and never really played again.

I really wish we could get a good old classic song going that would catch on. I think it's got to be a classic that everyone instantly recognises, like Forest and the Mull of Kintyre.

Also, we seem to have a habit of over complicating the lyrics, the HNM song for instance has way too many words in it to be sung properly, the bit with his name in is brilliant then it all just goes to a mumble. The same with a few of the others.

Keep it simple......and before anyone says 'you have a go' I hold my hand up and say I've got nothing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

71 times?? Wow, I've seen them over 10 times, mainly with Hugh at the helm but a few since, Bowie just the 5 times, it should have been 6 but just before he was due to play in Carcassonne where I was living and couldn't believe he was coming, he had his heart attack and never really played again.

I really wish we could get a good old classic song going that would catch on. I think it's got to be a classic that everyone instantly recognises, like Forest and the Mull of Kintyre.

Also, we seem to have a habit of over complicating the lyrics, the HNM song for instance has way too many words in it to be sung properly, the bit with his name in is brilliant then it all just goes to a mumble. The same with a few of the others.

Keep it simple......and before anyone says 'you have a go' I hold my hand up and say I've got nothing!

Yes agree , crying out for an anthem that everybody can sing. And I have no idea of what that might be !