IGNORED

Conway

And Its Smith

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I wonder if Alan McInally had any input after creaming himself over the fact that he qualified for Scotland when he was covering the Blackburn game for Sky.

Yes, if you remember he said “a little birdie has told me he qualifies for Scotland”

That little birdie - Scott Murray I believe!

• Like 1

My understanding is he is qualified for both Scotland & the Irish Republic through his grandparents & of course England through birth.

As this game is a friendly he wouldn’t be committing his future to Scotland if he played & there have been numerous examples of players switching nationality on becoming full internationals, so even if it was a competitive one he still has 2 other options.

3 hours ago, S22 said:

My grandmother accidentally gave birth to my aunt in Tredegar in 1933 but rushed back to Bristol to get her registered there.She didn't want to live with the shame of her being Welsh.

I know that's a joke but the huge expansion of Bristol in the 17th and 18th centuries was roughly 50:50 people coming in from the Somerset Levels and similar low lying areas of South Wales.

Bristol is the most mixed Welsh / English city in the UK.

And Welsh is anyway just the Saxon word for native Britons which is what the population of the south west of England would mostly have been.

It's a bit nerdy I know but I'd say it was obvious that a huge prosperous city as Bristol was, the second largest city in the UK at one time lest we forget, is going to be pulling people in from all surrounding areas including south east Wales.

Smart move by Scotland. I can imagine them trying to lock him in with some first team minutes if he continues how he’s started this season.

In regards to the song suggestions earlier in the thread, surely there’s a Frank Sinatra “My Way” song that ends with “He’s Tommy Con-way!!!”