IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

2 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

That sounds good in theory but in practice, quite a lot of sides in this division are much of a muchness and then the teams who get in the playoffs have 1-2 special players who make the difference.  We have to take our opportunity while we can.  Look at Hudds last season vs. this one.  At least if we were battered in the Prem we would have the parachute money to make a more sustainable push

Be ironic if we went up with Boro and both got relegated the first season after they scrapped parachute payments. 

24 minutes ago, westonred said:

Very Small squad but when you can bring Semenyo, Williams, Martin and HNM on shows how strong we are 

I think we have a very decent squad all being fit,think nige has done very well on squad selection without breaking the bank.i really think he hasn't quite got to his first eleven choice just yet and yet still improving fair play to him , I would be over the moon with top 10 finish after the last few seasons and so far so good. 

4 minutes ago, Henry said:

If you had to, probably Weinman. That’s how good we are in attack.

The issue for me is can Conway and Semenyo play together and build a partnership? It’s not always just about who are the best players. Those two plus Wells looks exciting, but does feel somewhat unbalanced.

A great advantage Conway has had is playing so often alongside Wells in the U23s, so they kind of click. With 5 subs allowed and no doubt injuries at some stage, rotation is going to be key anyway. 

30 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

Great result another clean sheet will only help confidence aswell!

Without wanting to sound negative but im really not convinced about Naismith. He makes me feel on edge whenever he is in possession.. Yes his set pieces are good but Christ his primary role in the team is to defend.

Naismith and Sykes give me the shits defensively, but **** it. Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

The issue for me is can Conway and Semenyo play together and build a partnership? It’s not always just about who are the best players. Those two plus Wells looks exciting, but does feel somewhat unbalanced.

A great advantage Conway has had is playing so often alongside Wells in the U23s, so they kind of click. With 5 subs allowed and no doubt injuries at some stage, rotation is going to be key anyway. 

Conway has to be dropped simple IMO Semenyo is undroppable at this time 

25 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I am extremely pleased NP is silencing his critics.

He has achieved marvels with so few resources.

But this is nowhere near a side that could survive even for a season in the top flight.

Look at Bournemouth result at weekend, and tonight Notts Forest, who have spent millions and millions.

Steady as she goes should be our motto.  Mid table finish would be fine by me.

Imo, we are unlikely to mount a serious promotion challenge in the next two to three seasons.  We need to go up and stay up.

• Popular Post

What a mess we are in.

An owner saying he wants out having failed in his declared objective for over a quarter of a century

Many fans wanting manager out

Too small a squad at this level

Best players may yet leave, even worst players leaving could leave unfillable gaps in squad

Possible points deduction still on the horizon.

Supporting City has, over my 8 decades as a fan, never been easy but the present cup of woe does seem very worrying indeed.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:
  • Popular Post

What a mess we are in.

An owner saying he wants out having failed in his declared objective for over a quarter of a century

Best players may yet leave, even worst players leaving could leave unfillable gaps in squad

Supporting City has, over my 8 decades as a fan, never been easy but the present cup of woe does seem very worrying indeed.

That thread was a laugh.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:
  • Popular Post

What a mess we are in.

Just goes to prove how outstanding a manager Nige is !

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’m normally Mr Sensible but someone is going to have to give me a bloody good reason why this team can’t finish in the top six.

In Lee Johnson's last season (Covid year 1), we only lost 2 of our first 17 games and we were 4th after 21 games...

Then we descended into a long harrowing period of chaos...

6 minutes ago, Bourne End Red said:

Individual errors at the back…….

Naismith can be coached to reign in the risk level in his passing. It’s an aspect of the game that can be improved upon because he doesn’t need to do it, rather than being a limitation of just not being very good. We’re also winning games and keeping clean sheets despite errors, so I don’t see it as reason alone to stop us making the top six. I think our attacking threat should more than outweigh defensive errors over 46 games.

• Like 1